Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,176 posts in this topic

We (family of 4) have our interviews scheduled later this week. We got medicals sent confirmation emails for 3 of us (Telus Health, Montreal). My 2 yr old had her second dose covid vaccine 10 days back (8 week gap between doses in Ontario), I sent supporting documentation to Telus Health right away. Looks like the doctor went on leave/vacation and now they can't send her medicals to consulate with out Doctor's approval until May 2nd. I spoke with nurse who did all the paperwork and was told that we 3 with confirmation emails would get our immigrant visas but they will hold my daughter's until they receive the paperwork some time May 1st week.

Any body in this forum went through this? I don't recommend Telus health clinic in Montreal, late March when we went in for medical checkups it took the whole day, went in 9:30am, got out 5:30pm. The nurse gave us wrong email address to send supporting documentation, it seems they didn't check faxed copies. Overall very disappointed.

On 3/2/2023 at 4:37 PM, RamosL said:

Oh Lord.

I don't know what else to do with all of this... I thought about transferring the case to another consulate in my home country but it might become challenging for us to do that...and in the process, what if they end up asking for more documents, etc...

Hi RamosL

Im in the same situation, think about changing my interview to Brazil but Im affraid to be worse.

On 4/14/2023 at 2:18 PM, mam521 said:

You have 6 months from the expiration date of your medical or the visa in your passport, whichever comes first (typically your medical) to enter the US.  

You may want to reconsider attempting to import your vehicle.  It can be a real headache.  There are a couple of other threads talking about these challenges.  If you do decide to import it, you'll need to ensure the vehicle is paid off in full or have permission from the finance company that they will allow you to export it from Canada, the letter of compliance from the manufacturer, bill of sale and the EPA and HS-7 forms filled out.  Once you get to whatever state you're moving to, you'll have to research what you need to do to register and insure in that state as well as the timeline to do so.  

I do recommend if you own property and are planning to sell it, do so before you enter the US.  The non resident withholdings and clearance certificates are a pain in the rear to obtain from the Canadian Government and may cause delays with the property sale. 

The expectation is you enter the US to live permanently, so depending on your province, activating that visa will terminate provincial benefits like health care because you are a permanent resident of the US.  If you do need to leave the US for longer than 6mo, you should file an I-131 reentry permit. 

Once your DS-260 is approved, it typically gets locked out.  I believe you can still upload documents to CEAC, but you can also just take the updates to the interview as others have said.  If DoS requests for you to update, they will unlock it and allow you to make changes.  This doesn't seem to happen unless someone is issued a DS-5535. Just take the updates to the interview and let the CO know. 

If anyone has a passport expiring soon and an interview coming up, renew the passport in advance.  It's one less headache that you have to worry about after you've enter the US.  There will be other new, life building headaches you'll want to be focused on :)

Thank you very much!

Edited by Lkkclub123

On 4/11/2023 at 6:07 AM, ACC24 said:

We crossed the land border from Toronto over the weekend to activate our EB2 immigrant visa. It was very smooth process that was completed in 30mins or less. The officer asked for sealed packages, original passports and confirmed US mailing address to received GC. He took fingerprints and photo as well during the process and we were good to go. No questions asked regarding importing our cars or the final move.

This almost brings us to the end of never ending EB2 Immigrant journey ( though final move for my wife and son will be pending for sometime). We couldn't thank enough for the VJ forum and support throughout the stressful process and will continue to be part of the forum. Happy to help/answer any related questions whenever possible.

Wishing very best for everyone still going though the process for their journey to end at the earliest possible.

After activating your EB2 at the border can you come back to Canada? Or you need to wait your GC in USA?

On 4/12/2023 at 5:59 PM, 3LabMom said:

I had an address change and a new passport.  I made an errata sheet to bring with me and also printed the DS260 and changed made the changes on there as well.  It seems impossible to get them to let you update the DS260.  Guess I'll find out next week if this is sufficient.

Best wishes for your interview!! In my case also, the passport information and address has changed, I am planning to take the extra sheet containing the updated information. Are you planning to update the CO and give them the sheet at the beginning of the interview or when asked about the changes?

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ava1 said:

Best wishes for your interview!! In my case also, the passport information and address has changed, I am planning to take the extra sheet containing the updated information. Are you planning to update the CO and give them the sheet at the beginning of the interview or when asked about the changes?

Thanks @Ava1!  I am just going to give it to them straight away.  I'm sure by now they have figured out the changes as the medical folks took my new passport and new address.

22 hours ago, sjy said:

We (family of 4) have our interviews scheduled later this week. We got medicals sent confirmation emails for 3 of us (Telus Health, Montreal). My 2 yr old had her second dose covid vaccine 10 days back (8 week gap between doses in Ontario), I sent supporting documentation to Telus Health right away. Looks like the doctor went on leave/vacation and now they can't send her medicals to consulate with out Doctor's approval until May 2nd. I spoke with nurse who did all the paperwork and was told that we 3 with confirmation emails would get our immigrant visas but they will hold my daughter's until they receive the paperwork some time May 1st week.

Any body in this forum went through this? I don't recommend Telus health clinic in Montreal, late March when we went in for medical checkups it took the whole day, went in 9:30am, got out 5:30pm. The nurse gave us wrong email address to send supporting documentation, it seems they didn't check faxed copies. Overall very disappointed.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you will be able resolve the issues. Maybe I should go to Toronto instead of Montreal for the health exams.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I've been DQ'd 35 days ago and waiting for an IL from MTL so wanted to see when I should be able to receive it.

I know that nobody has a crystal ball but just a rough idea would be great since I'm getting a generic response from NVC and MTL consulate everytime I contacted them LOL

Category: EB2-NIW 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Coco_2023 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I've been DQ'd 35 days ago and waiting for an IL from MTL so wanted to see when I should be able to receive it.

I know that nobody has a crystal ball but just a rough idea would be great since I'm getting a generic response from NVC and MTL consulate everytime I contacted them LOL

Category: EB2-NIW 

I've noticed the latest update says most EB cases that are scheduled for an interview, DQ'd in Jan 2021 so does this mean that I need to wait ~2 years for my IL??

https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.