2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nbc16 said:

So sorry to hear that, we are waiting for their response on our WOM as well, bracing for a dismissal as well… Are you going to fight them or wait ? 

Honestly, I don’t know anymore. I don’t even know if there’s a point in doing so. I am emotionally exhausted to be honest. I am being punished for being born in Iran, and there is nothing I can do about that.

38 minutes ago, Niccie said:

Honestly, I don’t know anymore. I don’t even know if there’s a point in doing so. I am emotionally exhausted to be honest. I am being punished for being born in Iran, and there is nothing I can do about that.

Iranian 221g takes at least 6 months in the best cases, often a year or more. Embassies with jurisdiction over Iranian applicants are explicit about this.

Edited by throwitaway

40 minutes ago, Niccie said:

Yes, it is sad when they punish you for something out of your hand. I born in middle East too, I guess this was a big factor for me being placed on Ds5535.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

Iranian 221g takes at least 6 months in the best cases, often a year or more. Embassies with jurisdiction over Iranian applicants are explicit about this.

I thought because I’m a female who has been living in the Netherlands since I was 3 years old, they would give me a break. But apparently, that does not matter at all

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Niccie said:

I thought because I’m a female who has been living in the Netherlands since I was 3 years old, they would give me a break. But apparently, that does not matter at all

If it makes you feel any better, I'm a boring Canadian with Scottish and Irish heritage and have never lived in another country. My last name is connected with a tiny island off the coast of Scotland, so not exactly common.

2 hours ago, Niccie said:

There is another VJ member who immigrated to Canada from Pakistan when she was child and was given DS-5535.

Edited by Leo The Great

30 minutes ago, Leo The Great said:

There is another VJ member who immigrated to Canada from Pakistan when she was child and was given DS-5535.

I guess she had an interview back in 2021, VJ username Danii. But she got lucky with the processing time. She got approved in 52 days. CO requested for her resume and given DS-5535. I guess it’s the same person you’re referring too.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, LYV said:

I just wanted to say it's not anyone's fault they were put on D-5535. Let's try and cut ourselves some slack and accept that this is an unfair thing that happened to us, but there will be an end to it someday. Maybe some people are flagged for nationality but I think it's very random. We were told at our meeting that it was random. We are English/French/German. Our families are several generations immigrated Canadian. We have super clean records. Our lawyer told us that he had a Canadian teacher with a perfectly clean record wait a year to go through AP after he married an American Citizen. It's helped me to try and focus on other things. (I've gone back to school for a 6 month course) It helped to do something to put the power back into our hands. We can't move until I'm done the course now. Realistically, based on our spreadsheet it will be between 200-300 days from your meeting until you get an answer. Hang in there :)

Thank you! This helps me not feeling so alone now. My lawyer does say it’s definitely because of my background, but that European embassies are not that familiar with these type of cases. That’s why they take long and are sloppy on my case. They even sent me the 221g form, 6 months after my interview, two days before the wom got dismissed. I was scared cause I thought that was a final refusal. 

But you’re right. Even though I feel like I wasted my money om the lawsuit, I can take this time to keep saving my money, travel, and get my life a little back together. It feels like I have been living my life on standby in a waiting room. But we have to move on, cause life is short. There is nothing more we can do.

I have been following this blog occasionally because I feel I will be official in this category. I am currently in another VJ blog which has folks from employment category waiting for Montreal to invite for an interview. There are folks waiting for 2 years just for an interview even after being current in the visa bulletin. Apparently Montreal has a rule to give employment category the lowest priority although that was a COVID era rule. I am personally waiting 18 months now just to get that damm interview call. My country of chargeability is from the Middle East. The last thing I fear is after waiting for 2 years for an invitation is being thrown in DS5535. I am not sure what is up with Montreal

Hi,
my interview was last week for IR1. everything went well, at the end they gave 221 g paper and the next day they send an email saying the case is in under AP and asked for my updated CV with all the start and end dates of my all education and work experiences. I sent my CV the same day through email. Good thing is that they kept my passport and didnt ask for form DS5535. How long they take to clear AP when they ask for only CV?? Any recent case similar to like mine???

46 minutes ago, tas005 said:

Hi,
my interview was last week for IR1. everything went well, at the end they gave 221 g paper and the next day they send an email saying the case is in under AP and asked for my updated CV with all the start and end dates of my all education and work experiences. I sent my CV the same day through email. Good thing is that they kept my passport and didnt ask for form DS5535. How long they take to clear AP when they ask for only CV?? Any recent case similar to like mine???

If they ask for your CV it means either your education background/work experience is in TAL (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technology_Alert_List#:~:text=The Technology Alert List (TAL,nontransfer of U.S.-held technologies.)

If they did not ask for DS5535 then AP might be resolved at consulate level not sure. Generally they ask for both DS-5535 and resume together. AP Processing may take from 60 days to 6 month plus for Montreal. 

Edited by Leo The Great

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.