2,958 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Tikitch said:

Hey guys! Some good news finally! 
After 9 months since my interview, they requested a new medical and my passport.

Does this mean there's a light at the end of the tunnel?

Ill be calling Telus health to rebook another dreaded apointment cause I can't seem to do it online.

And checking courier instructions.

however, I am travelling till beginning of august, is it ok to book my appointment for after? And how long does it take after I do the test and send my passport to issue the visa?

Could there be any other obstacles or am I close to the end? Thanks for any insight. 

Sounds like you're close to the end! 

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

12 hours ago, Tristan L said:

Hi Pearjamm,

Do you have any updates after wom? I am planning to sign with pic as well. How long it will take after you sign with them to file the WOM.

Thanks.

I believe it takes a week to prepare everything but they won't file until you have reached 90 days . 

We have been assigned a judge and the lawyer sent copy of the complaint to the US attorney's office, so the 60 days countdown for them to response started last week. 

3 hours ago, Tikitch said:

After 9 months since my interview, they requested a new medical and my passport.

Ill be calling Telus health to rebook another dreaded apointment cause I can't seem to do it online.

however, I am travelling till beginning of august, is it ok to book my appointment for after? And how long does it take after I do the test and send my passport to issue the visa?

Could there be any other obstacles or am I close to the end? Thanks for any insight. 

Great news! it does sound like you're getting closer to the end of the tunnel!! very happy for you! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, Tikitch said:

I'd say you are very close to the end! I think it's fine to wait until August to book your appointment.  The only obstacle I can see is if your police certificate expires around that time, but they are good for 2 years. 

Here's my DS-5535 timeline for reference:

Oct 4, 2022 Interview for K-1 Fiance Visa - Consulate assured me I was approved and kept my passport.

Oct 5, 2022 DS-5535 email received. CEAC Status 'Refused'. DS-5535 completed and sent Oct 7, 2022. 

Nov 2022 Requested passport back from consulate for holiday travel and renewal.

Mar 21, 2023 Consulate email request for new medical and passport. (No WOM filed.)

Apr 17, 2023 Consulate received medical and passport.

Apr 19, 2023 CEAC Status 'Approved' !

Apr 25, 2023 CEAC Status 'Issued' !! Purolator link email received.

April 27, 2023 Visa in hand !!! 

13 hours ago, Pearljamm said:

I believe it takes a week to prepare everything but they won't file until you have reached 90 days . 

We have been assigned a judge and the lawyer sent copy of the complaint to the US attorney's office, so the 60 days countdown for them to response started last week. 

Great news! it does sound like you're getting closer to the end of the tunnel!! very happy for you! :D

Hi Perljamm,

Thanks for your news. Hope your visa will be approved very soon.

On 6/23/2023 at 7:19 PM, justanamericangrl said:

Thank you!! Our last defendant was served May 11th and their answer to the lawsuit due by July 10th. So June 21st status changed to issued and then got the passport on the 23rd which is way faster than we expected! 

Hi @justanamericangrl congratulations on getting through the system so quick. You must be so happy to put this behind you. We're in the middle of our WOM and hoping to hear from the consulate soon. Wanted to ask if the consulate already had your Passport or did they request you send it into them at some point during the WOM process.

On 6/6/2023 at 6:19 PM, Canucklehead said:

Crazy how some people get so many updates.

I had my interview Feb 1, 2023 

Filed DS-5535 on March 2, 2023

My last update of any kind was almost 3 months ago - Mar 17, 2023

Literally no criminal charges and they're not even looking at my damn application. Super frustrating

Any updates on your end? Seems like Farzady and JustAnAmericanGirl both got their cases around 90 days.

On 7/6/2023 at 7:54 AM, Admitt said:

I am in a similar situation. Going to try that route as well to keep the pressure up!

Please keep us posted. I wasn't very successful going through Congress representative. They updated my case, and that's it.

On 7/10/2023 at 9:36 AM, Pearljamm said:

Which parties are named in the WOM?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.