2,958 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, throwitaway said:

Love that for you! Congrats. Thanks for coming back to update everyone. 

@addpeace Congratulations great news! 
I was following your case and its sad that we have to spend so much money to get our due right 😞but it paid off! 
just a quick question when did they ask for a new medical and passport? They requested ours on 29th Dec 2022 but took so much time to review the new medical that the PC expired. Now we sent a new one and in waiting game. 

should we try to go WOM as well so they can speed up our process? 

1 hour ago, APRIL2023 said:

Had my interview April 13 and have not heard back with regards to DS5535. Anyone had an interview around that time? Have they received any email communication at this point? 

Hi, sorry you are in this process. 

They usually send it by the next day or after a week or two, a few posters here waited about 2-3 weeks.

I would just send them a very kindly worded and short reminder email, ensure your case# and name in the   line. You can even put "please send the Ds5535 form" in the subject line.

Send it to Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov

They will send it to you this week or next.

Also, ensure you check your junk/spam folder.

Again, sorry you are here, hope you clear fast. I'm praying for all of us to clear.

Edited by ShawnK

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, APRIL2023 said:

Had my interview April 13 and have not heard back with regards to DS5535. Anyone had an interview around that time? Have they received any email communication at this point? 

Sorry you're in this mess with us - send them an e-mail asap to let them know you're waiting.

Took 2 emails over 3 weeks for them to respond and send it.

It really makes me wonder what the heck is going in Montreal 😔 if only they asked more relevant questions then and there.

On 4/24/2023 at 3:28 PM, ajxl888 said:

Hi There - I'm with you, and it hasn't even been a week since I submitted mine :( Question - has your status changed at all?  Like refused to AP?  Mine is still saying "refused"... 

Anyways, seems like we're on a similar timeline so I'm looking forward to getting updates from you.  The lack of visibility and uncertainty of it all is the worst part. 

Thanks for sharing... that is super helpful.  I'm planning on flying to NYC this weekend. 

Hate to say welcome to the club 😅...

Had a few daily updates after the interview and after submission of DS-5535 but nothing since then. Its says "Refused" but its supposed to be that way until the forms are processed or unless they need anything else.

I'm trying to not check CEAC daily as its driving me nuts but not sure what else to do.

Seems like its a common process at Montreal and several other Consulates/Embassies.

Just hope this is over soon.

4 hours ago, PanFriedTofu said:

Sorry you're in this mess with us - send them an e-mail asap to let them know you're waiting.

Took 2 emails over 3 weeks for them to respond and send it.

It really makes me wonder what the heck is going in Montreal 😔 if only they asked more relevant questions then and there.

I don't think this is up to Montreal.

Our interview was going more like a chat at Tim Horton's when suddenly the interviewer's facial expression changed. Something, somewhere got triggered and I was thrown into AP.

Surprisingly, they only asked me to submit the DS-5535 (and no one else on our application).

4 minutes ago, dennisv said:

Is anyone at 4+ months from Interview and got the DS5535 and not filed a WOM ??? Just trying to wrap head around the WOM.

Hi,

I just crossed the 3 week mark but I'm thinking of WOM after we reach the 60 day threshold. $4K is a lot to resolve this but I'm still on the fence...

Are you planning on filing?

18 minutes ago, can_do said:

Hi,

I just crossed the 3 week mark but I'm thinking of WOM after we reach the 60 day threshold. $4K is a lot to resolve this but I'm still on the fence...

Are you planning on filing?

Of course, sitting on fence. Had a chat with the sponsor, and seeing what's best for us now. Maybe a reverse sponsorship to Canada... Life planning is tough now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, dennisv said:

Is anyone at 4+ months from Interview and got the DS5535 and not filed a WOM ??? Just trying to wrap head around the WOM.

I waited 8 months before starting the process for WOM. I did that because most lawyers at that point were suggesting waiting at least 6 months, I waited more because my 6 months fell in December and I wanted to cross the holiday season and I had also heard of someone going for a WOM only to have the embassy organically clear them through AP before the embassy even knew there was a WOM being filed. 

Edited by PZibran325

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

1 hour ago, can_do said:

I don't think this is up to Montreal.

Our interview was going more like a chat at Tim Horton's when suddenly the interviewer's facial expression changed. Something, somewhere got triggered and I was thrown into AP.

Surprisingly, they only asked me to submit the DS-5535 (and no one else on our application).

Wow, that brought back memories, as virtually the same thing had happened to us. The tone of the convo was very much “Enjoy where you’re moving to!” and then bam, confused face at monitor, flips through paperwork, undoes all his organization and steps away. Comes back with 221g slip and our thus began our descent into hell.  

Timeline
3 hours ago, throwitaway said:

Wow, that brought back memories, as virtually the same thing had happened to us. The tone of the convo was very much “Enjoy where you’re moving to!” and then bam, confused face at monitor, flips through paperwork, undoes all his organization and steps away. Comes back with 221g slip and our thus began our descent into hell.  

same with us. Cannot believe why the bells did not ring during the NVC  processing stage that they act this way. Our applications was with NVC for 3 yrs and they could have easily done all checks rather the passing the buck to the embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.