2,958 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

~~21 posts have been removed for derailing this thread. Advocating working in the US on a Tourist visa and using that visa  defacto living in the US is a violation of the TOS. Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method.~~

Thank you! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mmk2112 said:

It's going brother, it's painful but it is what it is. All we can do is wait. Even the US officials know that this process is bizarre however since it's the law so all who are suffering have to go through this process. I hope it works out for all who are suffering. 

Imagine being put into DS 5535 for a security reason and still you have visited US many times in the past without any restriction. They whole process doesn't make sense, in my opinion.

Obviously it makes zero sense!

47 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

This afternoon I have sent my passport and supporting items to Montreal. One step closer. Just hoping that re-opening the DS-260 not another dirty trick for delaying me; I am somewhat paranoid at this point. Otherwise, it felt good.

Stay strong my friend. Hopefully it will go well for you. Sending prayers and good wishes your way!

Timeline
1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

This afternoon I have sent my passport and supporting items to Montreal. One step closer. Just hoping that re-opening the DS-260 not another dirty trick for delaying me; I am somewhat paranoid at this point. Otherwise, it felt good.

awesome! opening the DS 260 for my mom didnt cause any delays. i just updated her travel to US within 5 years and resubmitted it.

fingers crossed for a speedy end for you here.

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
44 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

awesome! opening the DS 260 for my mom didnt cause any delays. i just updated her travel to US within 5 years and resubmitted it.

fingers crossed for a speedy end for you here.

I really appreciate it! How long did it take for the passport to come back?

Timeline
16 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

I really appreciate it! How long did it take for the passport to come back?

They got everything November 10, visa issued December 9 and we had the passport back December 16

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

Timeline
1 minute ago, BatmanFlow said:

They got everything November 10, visa issued December 9 and we had the passport back December 16

So 5 or 6 weeks is a reasonable prediction, I guess?

Timeline
5 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Yes that’s a good estimate for sure

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

Timeline
15 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Congratulations you’re almost there! By the time I submitted my passport and medical to them and received the passport back it took  2 weeks. So it might be even sooner than 5-6 weeks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
51 minutes ago, addpeace said:

Just approved our complaint today! It should be filed within the next 14 days. *fingers crossed*

Also the end is in site Ice-qube! Stay strong!

Congrats @addpeace!  Super exciting for you - just think 3-4 months from now you will be on the other side of this nightmare!  Let me know if you would like to be added to our WOM group chat and to the tracker spreadsheet!  It's a great view of what you can expect over the next few months :)

1 hour ago, LAMA9 said:

Congrats @addpeace!  Super exciting for you - just think 3-4 months from now you will be on the other side of this nightmare!  Let me know if you would like to be added to our WOM group chat and to the tracker spreadsheet!  It's a great view of what you can expect over the next few months :)

I would love to be added. Thank you ☺️ 

Edited by addpeace

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.