2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, roshakky said:

My husband’s passport was requested on Sept 15 and was received at the embassy on Sept 20. Few weeks went by with no updates. My husband emailed the embassy 2  wks ago and they responded last week saying they never received his passport. So he emailed back with the tracking and delivery confirmation with signature… well… visa was issued today!!! On our 2 year anniversary!! 

point of the story… email them to make sure they are reviewing the documents you send! 

Happy for you!

I emailed the person at the ACLU who wrote the report on CARRP, but I've yet to hear back.

Traveling for work the next several weeks, so won't have much time, but will be working on this as time permits.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Filled my WOM today, Embassy (Ottawa) has 9 weeks to reply back.

Been 4 months for me since i went for my interview, i was told i have a good case to get approved by WOM because i have been living in US for 11 years and all my stuff is still there and i have been paying for rent/car and other things for the last 4 months while been out of country. Already spent more and potential could spent alot more to move my stuff and cancel my contracts than not going the WOM route

Let hope i don't have to wait the whole 9 weeks

Edited by talkingreckless

12 minutes ago, talkingreckless said:

Been 4 months for me since i went for my interview, i was told i have a good case to get approved by WOM because i have been living in US for 11 years and all my stuff is still there and i have been paying for rent/car and other things for the last 4 months while been out of country. Already spent more and potential could spent alot more to move my stuff and cancel my contracts than not going the WOM route

Who did you file with? 

6 minutes ago, talkingreckless said:

Goldstein

Nice! Good luck. Hope it moves quickly for you. Also, the 60 day countdown isn’t from date of filing, it’s from the day summons is served on defendants. Josh will file proof of service in a few weeks (pretty sure he serves by certified mail) and it’ll have the date.

Edited by throwitaway

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, ice-qube said:

You file WoM yet? I am still on the fence. If they decide to start fighting some of these, they will likely win because the court decisions show that the court doesn't even think *four years* is too long for even a spousal visa. And I have already had terrible luck, so not sure. Then again I don't know what other options there are, because, well, there aren't any... 

I haven’t yet but I am close. From what I’ve read on cases that were filed, most got responses that embassy needed extension to the initial deadline but no additional denials 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

Well I have finally done it, signed agreement with Hacking Law for the WoM. I am not happy about the enormous expense, but hoping that this brings some power back to me. 

ice-qube, what happened to your hard fest principles?  If you think the utility of gaining the sanctity in the outcome whether it is negative or positive is what finally matters; I am with you!  Glad you are able to across the line and test your luck! Hoping the best for you.  Sometimes in life, we have to compromise even on our principles to make peace with the factual reality!

Timeline
1 minute ago, EB_Stuck said:

ice-qube, what happened to your hard fest principles?  If you think the utility of gaining the sanctity in the outcome whether it is negative or positive is what finally matters; I am with you!  Glad you are able to across the line and test your luck! Hoping the best for you.  Sometimes in life, we have to compromise even on our principles to make peace with the factual reality!

My principles are hard, but not so hard that I could continue doing nothing in this particular situation. I had to compromise, but I am not doing so with happiness. It is actually very angering that I am forced to do this. This is a steep price to pay.

Timeline
5 hours ago, talkingreckless said:

Wait, why is it the Ottawa embassy that must answer in your case?

Timeline
11 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Well I have finally done it, signed agreement with Hacking Law for the WoM. I am not happy about the enormous expense, but hoping that this brings some power back to me. 

Must suck doing this, but mental anguish this has brought is not worth the continued wait. Wishing you a speedy movement friend!

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Guys! For fun I checked AIS and it says “Current Status: Send Documents”! I don’t remember it saying this before but I’m not sure.

Does anyone know if it just always said this or if this could be new?

Can one of you who had a 221(g) and send in your docs already check your AIS and tell me what the status is please?

I’m hoping this means they want my medical and passport but I don’t want to get my hopes up.

Thanks to anyone who can help!!!

15 minutes ago, herecomestherain said:

Guys! For fun I checked AIS and it says “Current Status: Send Documents”! I don’t remember it saying this before but I’m not sure.

Does anyone know if it just always said this or if this could be new?

Can one of you who had a 221(g) and send in your docs already check your AIS and tell me what the status is please?

I’m hoping this means they want my medical and passport but I don’t want to get my hopes up.

Thanks to anyone who can help!!!

Maybe someone who asked for their passport back?

8 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

Glad to let you all know that we got our visas issued and crossed the border. Exactly 1 year after the interview at Montreal. We did not go through the Mandamus route. 

I’m so happy for you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.