419 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Maria P. said:

but now you got me thinking that I better ask my  lawyer to provide a copy of everything they sent to USCIS... 

That's always a good idea to have a copy of everything. And check before sending to USCIS. My lawyer retired while I waited for I-751 adjudication 😃

47 minutes ago, OldUser said:

That's always a good idea to have a copy of everything. And check before sending to USCIS. My lawyer retired while I waited for I-751 adjudication 😃

Wahahahahahahaa :D This is sad & hilarious at the same time)))

Today - I checked USCIS web regarding waits on i751 out of curiosity - just to see if maybe one year later they got some more work power at Potomac service center and started cranking things faster and ...

nope... it is still really bad ))) it will have to be N400 that will pull us all out of it )

... image.thumb.png.9e87790cb737e787991994467725b78a.png

Edited by Maria P.

NATURALIZATION (N400)

08/23/2023 - FedEX delivered application to Elgin Lockbox

08/25/2023 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (IOE / digital processing)

09/01/2023 - NOA letters in the mailbox (Receipt Notice, Account Acceptance Notice, Biometric Reuse)  

11/14/2023 - Online USCIS account showed 'Interview Scheduled' update and pdf letter available for download - interview scheduled to 12/19/2023

11/20/2023 - USPS delivered interview notice

12/19/2023 - scheduled N400 interview in Orlando FO

est. time until case decision: 9 months (as of September, 2023)

est. time until case decision: 8 months (as of October, 2023)

est. time until case decision: 6 months (as of November, 2023)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (I-751)

08/05/2022 - Mailed ROC Packet via USPS to Carol Stream, IL (Elgin Lockbox)

08/08/2022 - USPS delivered ROC Packet to P.O. BOX 

08/11/2022 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (YSC/ Potomac Service Center)

08/18/2022 - NOA in the mailbox ('24 months extension letter')

03/15/2023 - NOA in the mailbox ('48 months extension letter')

I finally got a notification today that my card is being produced!!!

There was no update whatsoever after biometrics (the website didn’t even update the my biometrics status) and now it’s finally all done!

IMG_9273.jpeg

Edited by C&C6

5 hours ago, C&C6 said:

I finally got a notification today that my card is being produced!!!

There was no update whatsoever after biometrics (the website didn’t even update the my biometrics status) and now it’s finally all done!

IMG_9273.jpeg

Wow congrats, glad things are moving mine hasnt updated yet no  even biometrics 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

382 days and no updates still… and to add insult to injury, I got locked out of my online account lol 😂 I tried to contact them and they just gave me a reference number, no updates on that either..

might as well send the N-400 via mail. 

16 minutes ago, AGF said:

382 days and no updates still… and to add insult to injury, I got locked out of my online account lol 😂 I tried to contact them and they just gave me a reference number, no updates on that either..

might as well send the N-400 via mail. 

If you are eligible by now - you definitely should go for N400 in my opinion - it will be faster. With my i751 I didn't even get biometric reuse notice - absolutely nothing. Online there is only a "case received" status and i got extension letters... With N400 I got biometrics reuse notice in 2 days + actively reviewing status. Moreover, we have 2 people from August 23 N400 filers who already received interview notices scheduled for October 23, despite 9 month typical turnaround.  

My i751 was routed to Potomac and I heard this is a dead-end for couple years, because they are bottlenecked there...  So applying with N400 was a no-brainer. 

Fun story: while I was travelling this August -> was returning from a Dominican vacay to Orlando  -> immigration officer was checking my i751 notice letter upon entry  and asked me why I don't apply for N400 for citizenship and told me that the removal of conditions is a nightmare with USCIS now, and it takes years. I told him that I already got N400 filled with lawyer and they just couldn't send it to USCIS while I was not on US soil (you must be in the country when sending it), but we are filing in next couple days.

Moral of the story - if even the immigration officer at the airport suggest to file N400 - I guess this is the way) 

NATURALIZATION (N400)

08/25/2023 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (IOE / digital processing)

09/01/2023 - NOA letters in the mailbox (Receipt Notice, Account Acceptance Notice, Biometric Reuse)  

11/14/2023 - Online USCIS account showed 'Interview Scheduled' update and pdf letter available for download - interview scheduled to 12/19/2023

08/11/2022 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (YSC/ Potomac Service Center)

Timeline

Oh wow, I didn’t know it was THAT bad on the Removal of Conditions 🥺 I just keep on delaying submitting N400 ( early filing eligibility was Aug 2023 ) because I was hoping that something will update on the I-751 soon.. looks like that is not gonna happen anytime soon.. I am taking your advice: I’m gonna put together the N400 and mail it in the next week or two. Thanks so much!

36 minutes ago, Maria P. said:

If you are eligible by now - you definitely should go for N400 in my opinion - it will be faster. With my i751 I didn't even get biometric reuse notice - absolutely nothing. Online there is only a "case received" status and i got extension letters... With N400 I got biometrics reuse notice in 2 days + actively reviewing status. Moreover, we have 2 people from August 23 N400 filers who already received interview notices scheduled for October 23, despite 9 month typical turnaround.  

My i751 was routed to Potomac and I heard this is a dead-end for couple years, because they are bottlenecked there...  So applying with N400 was a no-brainer. 

Fun story: while I was travelling this August -> was returning from a Dominican vacay to Orlando  -> immigration officer was checking my i751 notice letter upon entry  and asked me why I don't apply for N400 for citizenship and told me that the removal of conditions is a nightmare with USCIS now, and it takes years. I told him that I already got N400 filled with lawyer and they just couldn't send it to USCIS while I was not on US soil (you must be in the country when sending it), but we are filing in next couple days.

Moral of the story - if even the immigration officer at the airport suggest to file N400 - I guess this is the way) 

30 minutes ago, AGF said:

Oh wow, I didn’t know it was THAT bad on the Removal of Conditions 🥺 I just keep on delaying submitting N400 ( early filing eligibility was Aug 2023 ) because I was hoping that something will update on the I-751 soon.. looks like that is not gonna happen anytime soon.. I am taking your advice: I’m gonna put together the N400 and mail it in the next week or two. Thanks so much!

You will also find form N400 - way more streamlined and easier to assemble (less documents and supporting evidence). You can file online and by mail :) Lawyers for some reason are old-school and do it by mail (they don't like the online system and complained having issues with it when it launched) - but I know personally people who did it online and got citizenship in under 6 months. So maybe there was an issue when they launched it, but it seems working totally fine in last year and so. Lots of people use online filing - and reported no issues whatsoever. So it's probably just a personal preference.

NATURALIZATION (N400)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Maria P. said:

You will also find form N400 - way more streamlined and easier to assemble (less documents and supporting evidence). You can file online and by mail :) Lawyers for some reason are old-school and do it by mail (they don't like the online system and complained having issues with it when it launched) - but I know personally people who did it online and got citizenship in under 6 months. So maybe there was an issue when they launched it, but it seems working totally fine in last year and so. Lots of people use online filing - and reported no issues whatsoever. So it's probably just a personal preference.

Thank you for the tips.. I was also considering filing online just so I don’t have to photocopy docs, but alas, I got locked out of my online account, and they haven’t responded to my query to unblock it, except for providing me with service issue reference number, with a dire warning NOT to submit another request for the said issue as it may delay my original request 😂😂😂

It is really good to know that N400 is a tad easier to put together than all our previous applications. Although I am curious to know if they do combo interview/s for the Removal of Conditions, along with the N400?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, AGF said:

It is really good to know that N400 is a tad easier to put together than all our previous applications. Although I am curious to know if they do combo interview/s for the Removal of Conditions, along with the N400?

Wife filed online under the 5 year rule with a pending I-751 in August 2022.  The N-400 was a piece of cake.  Four months after filing the N-400 (Dec 2022), we had a combo interview for both the I-751 and N-400.  Wife took the oath about 6 weeks later (which included Christmas and NY holidays).

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

So I just got my online account unlocked, and I submitted my N-400 online last night. You guys were right: not even 5 minutes after payment, and I already got a notification that biometrics will be reused.

Timeline

Pending approval of my I-751, I sent in my N400 application online on September 9th. I was eligible to apply as early as August 5th. Received NOA and Biometrics Reuse online the following day, September 10th. And true enough, my I-751 as well as that of my K2 had some movements thereafter (VJ estimate was at May 2024 mark before I sent in my N400 application). Please find my timeline below for reference:

New Card is being produced: 09/12/2023

Case was approved: 09/13/2023

Card was mailed to me: 09/20/2023

Card delivered to me: 09/22/2023

4 hours ago, macaRone said:

Pending approval of my I-751, I sent in my N400 application online on September 9th. I was eligible to apply as early as August 5th. Received NOA and Biometrics Reuse online the following day, September 10th. And true enough, my I-751 as well as that of my K2 had some movements thereafter (VJ estimate was at May 2024 mark before I sent in my N400 application). Please find my timeline below for reference:

New Card is being produced: 09/12/2023

Case was approved: 09/13/2023

Card was mailed to me: 09/20/2023

Card delivered to me: 09/22/2023

Wao congratulations glad your Roc was approved hope mine gets approved too before my interview 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.