11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, everyone

Almost finished filling out the i-485, just needed some clarification (for sanity reasons lol)

Question 4: Priority date from underlying petition. From what i have read the date should be what is stated on your NOA1. All though there is a slot for priority date there is nothing listed there. So do i put RECIEVED DATE or NOTICE DATE?

Question 3: How many times have you been married:  I may just be over thinking this but my Wife and I are now married since entering on a K1 Visa !!! YAY. I'm assuming that i would put 1 there now or is the questions just referring to other marriages not including the most recent one?

Question 23.a.: Place of last arrival into the united states. This one is were I'm very confused. as stated in the i-485 guideline (in pictures). I checked my i-94 and it doesn't state anything on there, so i checked my most recent travel history and the most recent states TYPE: ARRIVAL, LOCATION: TOR. so do i list Toronto as my place of last arrival into the united states? Reason I'm confused is because in the guideline it says that it should be a US location. but none of my travel history or i-94 lists a US Location. My travel was from Toronto, Canada to Charlotte, NC,  to, Montgomery, AL. Also just a quick edit to this I handed my Seal k-1 Visa packet to CBP at the Toronto airport and was than issues the Visa at Toronto with the stamp in my passport if that helps clarify this question.

As all ways thanks for everyone help :).

questions3.png.37acd76d6579d1d6b74059c8fe49cdb9.pngquesitons2.png.77479d63ab16921b70c29b8bba641760.pngquestions.png.e9f5a2746576f03df422f921a923113b.pngi-485guidelines.png.a5dbdddf2ff842859203a73e1630f273.png

Edited by Chrinikki

Timeline
1 minute ago, Misscloud said:

how many time u are married in total? just type that answer

did u go to CBP website and look i-94 online record over there? https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

Yes like i stated earlier " I checked my i-94 and it doesn't state anything on there, so i checked my most recent travel history and the most recent states TYPE: ARRIVAL, LOCATION: TOR."

1 minute ago, Chrinikki said:

Yes like i stated earlier " I checked my i-94 and it doesn't state anything on there, so i checked my most recent travel history and the most recent states TYPE: ARRIVAL, LOCATION: TOR."

when did u enter here? sometimes takes few days to update.

edit : i got it now. if i were u i will put Charlotte NC but attached the copy of i-94

Edited by Misscloud

Timeline
Just now, Misscloud said:

when did u enter here? sometimes takes few days to update.

June 2nd that is updated and correct since i have already received my Social security number.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

4. The date USCIS printed on your NOA1

3. One 

23a. This should be the first US city of which you entered the US and encountered CBP. It can't be cities outside US.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
Just now, Timona said:

4. The date USCIS printed on your NOA1

3. One 

23a. This should be the first US city of which you entered the US and encountered CBP. It can't be cities outside US.

4: which date because there is no Priority date there is only  RECIVED DATE, and NOTICE DATE. Priority  Date is Blank.

23a.: And in Toronto, Canada, American CBP officers are present. That is were i handed over my sealed K1 Visa document and was granted entry and had my K1 page of my passport stamped.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

IMHO your port of last entry is YYZ.  That’s how CBP would record it on the days when it properly records your I-94 travel record. You aren’t going to be denied if enter YYZ on your I-485.  

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

4. Received Date

3. Count All marriage you have done till today.

23.A: i94 will show TOR cuz that's your POE as there is a CBP facility at Toronto. However you can put the city  and State you actually landed on. I'd put "Charlotte,    POE: Toronto" on city field for clarification. 

Edited by arken

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Self delete

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
Just now, arken said:

4. Received Date

3. Count All marriage you have done till today.

23.A: i94 will show TOR cuz there is a CBP facility at Toronto. However you can put the city  and State you actually landed on. I'd put "Charlotte,    POE: Toronto" on city field.

Awesome thanks for the clarification.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.