Lauriane_C

June 2022 NVC Submissions IR1

178 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Educ8r said:

That's where I'm perplexed.  They didn't RFE you for the translation, but you signed it.  I'm concerned that they'll nitpick it all and ding it because of lack of a handwritten signature.   If they'll ding one for not having a handwritten date, I'm thinking a signature is a for sure RFE.  And the saga continues...:(

I would advise getting a signed copy and attaching it under additional documents with an explanation. It seems that adding an additional document does not reset the clock

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

19 minutes ago, Jeniffer said:

DQ. All documents submitted on June 2, 2021. The email came on August 11 at 11:42pm NYC 🗽 times. 😌☺️🤗🤗🤗

Congrats! Thanks for the update. Now it’s time to wait for the interview. Best wishes!

30 minutes ago, Jeniffer said:

DQ. All documents submitted on June 2, 2021. The email came on August 11 at 11:42pm NYC 🗽 times. 😌☺️🤗🤗🤗

Congratulations !!!

5 hours ago, Jeniffer said:

Just as predicted!  Congrats!!

We filed at NVC on June 10, 2022.  Just waiting with y’all.  I’m a US Citizen living in the Philippines with my wife and 2 stepchildren.

I resubmitted on May 11 and an additional document on June 21 and this happened.

Today At 12:49am I got DQ from RFE from April 27 an resubmitted on May 11 and reviewed on July 13 without DQ. They also sent me an email that they will  schedule an appointment with the US Embassy/ Consulate General.

They also added a note the my case does not meet the minimum requirement for intending immigrant.  Doesn't make sense, my household on the application is 4, 2 minors from joint custody, my spouse and I.

My household is only 4 According to poverty guidelines for the lower 48 states and US TERRITORY, 125% for 4 is $34,687 and Im over $40,000+ according to my W2. I can even add a 5th person to my household. Why they didn't add this note on my first RFE on April 27 or July 13 when they reviewed the case without any DQ notice?

Is this a error? Why is this going so hard on me? Is my case on hold until I submitt a joiny sponsor or will they send me

Who should I add as a joint sponsor  if so? My father is retired and receives social security and I can't seem to think of someone that I can add income as a joint sponer. She has siblings from her country,  I think it has to be from US. Am I right? I need some advise 😩  How can I add my father as a joint sponser is he recieves social security due to retirement.

I got DQ'ed today!! At about 12Hawaii time, I got the email stating I was DQ'ed. I submitted all documents on 8 June 2022, no RFE.

I did, indeed, type the date on the signature section on the I-864. 

I submitted additional documents requested (2020 W2 for petitioner) from an RFE on June 6th.  Yesterday all documents were reviewed and are marked as ACCEPTED.  However there is now a new message to submit a 2021 W2 for petitioner.   This WAS submitted (although not asked for) on the June 6th resubmission.   It seems my only option, crazy as it sounds, is to resubmit this one document even though its sitting there already, marked as Accepted.     And wait another 3 months.  This process - especially without the ability to call/contact someone - is frustrating.   I get they don't want to be inundated by calls but surely give people who are in my situation 24 hours to ask a q and respond.    

1 hour ago, RobZ said:

I submitted additional documents requested (2020 W2 for petitioner) from an RFE on June 6th.  Yesterday all documents were reviewed and are marked as ACCEPTED.  However there is now a new message to submit a 2021 W2 for petitioner.   This WAS submitted (although not asked for) on the June 6th resubmission.   It seems my only option, crazy as it sounds, is to resubmit this one document even though its sitting there already, marked as Accepted.     And wait another 3 months.  This process - especially without the ability to call/contact someone - is frustrating.   I get they don't want to be inundated by calls but surely give people who are in my situation 24 hours to ask a q and respond.    

At this point, NVC is just gatekeeping people. I think they are resorting to petty RFEs so that their backlog numbers would look better. 

Did you label your 2021 W2 and uploaded as a separate document or was it attached to 2020 W2 in the same pdf? As crazy as it sounds, it might be that they just looked at your 2020 W2 and thought to themselves oh we only want 2021 and moved on…

Edited by chaoticenergy

1 minute ago, chaoticenergy said:

At this point, NVC is just gatekeeping people. I think they are resorting to petty RFEs so that their backlog numbers would look better. 

That seems counter intuitive. Adding more people to the backlog instead of pushing them forward to the next step would only make their backlog numbers worse.

Probably more like the person reviewing only has so much time/energy, and if they don't see the thing on the first pass they kick it back rather then spend longer looking through each document.

Just now, LN1Casey said:

That seems counter intuitive. Adding more people to the backlog instead of pushing them forward to the next step would only make their backlog numbers worse.

Probably more like the person reviewing only has so much time/energy, and if they don't see the thing on the first pass they kick it back rather then spend longer looking through each document.

Backlog reports only count cases as backlogs once they are DQ’ed. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.