Lauriane_C

June 2022 NVC Submissions IR1

178 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, chaoticenergy said:

It’s a pretty “typical” rfe. NVC is a preprocessing agency so they don’t adjudicate but just check if the forms are correct, etc and this has led to pigeonholing certain common issues with applications without much thought going into such things, most notably - not submitting w2/1099, scan issues (page cut off or is oriented sideways), typed signatures/dates, not providing proof of domicile for petitioner, police certificate not having the exact wording they are looking for, etc.

I'm still flabbergasted. Like, really? It's just unnecessarily making more work for yourself. From the link you posted, there were a few with a missing signature, or needing a new scan of a passport; those are understandable RFE's. But having a clear, concise date that the form itself allows you to type in is a reason for RFE?

5 minutes ago, LN1Casey said:

I'm still flabbergasted. Like, really? It's just unnecessarily making more work for yourself. From the link you posted, there were a few with a missing signature, or needing a new scan of a passport; those are understandable RFE's. But having a clear, concise date that the form itself allows you to type in is a reason for RFE?

Yeah it is dumb and very petty. There is no logic to any of it really. It’s just one of those tricks that NVC made up but you’ve got to know to avoid an rfe. And new tricks continuously emerge over times it seems. That said, I have chatted with someone who submitted two I864s both dates were typed. Only one of them got rejected which means it was overlooked for the other doc, so maybe you’ll get lucky?

Edited by chaoticenergy

1 minute ago, chaoticenergy said:

Yeah it is dumb and very petty. There is no logic to any of it really. It’s just one of those tricks that NVC made up but you’ve got to know to avoid an rfe. And new tricks continuously emerge over times it seems. That said, I have chatted with someone who submitted two I864s both dates were typed. Only one of them got rejected which means it was overlooked for the other doc, so maybe you’ll get lucky?

God I hope so. I self-filed, so maybe they'll accept that.

But if not, I 100% will write my senator for that. I mean, REALLY??

2 hours ago, Wavymago said:

You already got a response back? We submitted on June 3rd as well but we haven't heard anything back yet so I'm guessing I should hear back from them today?

I have noticed from my spreadsheet sometimes rfe’s get to hear back in less than 70 days. Yours should be getting looked at now and you’ll hear back maybe by the end of the week or early next week.

10 hours ago, chaoticenergy said:

June 3 submission - got a Case FE Note today (Aug 9) :(

Im from June 2 but NVC no reviewed my case yet 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

21 hours ago, chaoticenergy said:

I am sure everyone has a spreadsheet like this by now. I have compiled NVC processing times and results for May filers based on the information I gathered from VisaJourney forums, various Facebook groups, WhatsApp chatrooms, and individual DMs. I think this will be most relevant to this group (June filers).

https://cryptpad.fr/sheet/#/2/sheet/view/hzqn5h7k2TaMqWlpzLMkguFBZcTG1JCyhTTbZ3TNd3Y/

Thank you so much for doing all this work.  I too have a typed date on my 864.  I'm considering re-submitting it.  After reviewing your spreadsheet, I have gone through all my docs and improved a few resulting in quite a few more uploads but I explained on each one why I was re-uploading it.  Does anyone out there think NVC will take the time to go through all this or just reject me and not bother looking at my duplicates?

1 minute ago, Educ8r said:

Thank you so much for doing all this work.  I too have a typed date on my 864.  I'm considering re-submitting it.  After reviewing your spreadsheet, I have gone through all my docs and improved a few resulting in quite a few more uploads but I explained on each one why I was re-uploading it.  Does anyone out there think NVC will take the time to go through all this or just reject me and not bother looking at my duplicates?

Everything is anecdotal so take what I have to say with a grain of salt. I have chatted with quite a few people who added a bunch of duplicate docs with a cover letter/explanation and I believe that it is because of the additional docs that they got DQ'ed in the first place. Given the choice, they are either going to reject your original submission or take into account the duplicate, so it just makes a lot of sense to send in corrections as additional docs. I would, however, be a tad bit careful about uploading required docs too close to the review date as I've heard that can push back your turn - essentially an automatic rfe.

6 minutes ago, chaoticenergy said:

Everything is anecdotal so take what I have to say with a grain of salt. I have chatted with quite a few people who added a bunch of duplicate docs with a cover letter/explanation and I believe that it is because of the additional docs that they got DQ'ed in the first place. Given the choice, they are either going to reject your original submission or take into account the duplicate, so it just makes a lot of sense to send in corrections as additional docs. I would, however, be a tad bit careful about uploading required docs too close to the review date as I've heard that can push back your turn - essentially an automatic rfe.

I'm about 30 days out (original submission was June 24).  Is that too soon?

1 minute ago, Educ8r said:

I'm about 30 days out (original submission was June 24).  Is that too soon?

I don't think so, but it's up to you...if you are for sure expecting an rfe, I'd correct that regardless. Just my 2c.

17 minutes ago, chaoticenergy said:

I don't think so, but it's up to you...if you are for sure expecting an rfe, I'd correct that regardless. Just my 2c.

The only thing I haven't corrected is the typed date on the 864.  Suggestions?

14 hours ago, chaoticenergy said:

No, everything else was accepted (and hopefully it stays that way). The FE Note was about my joint sponsor's 2021 Tax Return Transcript which does not exist yet because of the current IRS backlogs. I thought that they lawyers just submitted the 2021 Wage and Income Transcript, but apparently my lawyers mistakenly submitted the 2020 Tax Return Transcript instead and told NVC that it was for 2021. So we ended up getting an "invalid" on that document. Dumb reason to delay my entry into the US by months at a time.

My petitioner has no 1099 but we just uploaded an explanation that she does not have W2s in place of W2/1099 and it was accepted apprently.

wow what a pain 🤦‍♀️ sorry to hear that

I my seemingly never ending quest to send more uploads to NVC, I have a question for the group.  My husband lived in the Canary Islands for 2.5 years so he needs a Spanish police report.  I have received a certified copy of that and had it translated by a certified translator.  Unfortunately she didn't hand write a signature on her certification.  She simply put, 

Certification by Translator

I, Nadja Mckenna-Hofmann certify that I am fluent in English and in Spanish, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled Central Register of Criminal Proceedings of Spain. 

June 28,2022

Nadja McKenna-Hofmann

122 Beechpoint Dr.

Oxford, OH 45056

Will this get an RFE?  Should I go back to her and ask for this plus a signature?  Thanks for any suggestions or advice. 

I will be soooooo glad when this is over and done with!

17 minutes ago, Educ8r said:

I my seemingly never ending quest to send more uploads to NVC, I have a question for the group.  My husband lived in the Canary Islands for 2.5 years so he needs a Spanish police report.  I have received a certified copy of that and had it translated by a certified translator.  Unfortunately she didn't hand write a signature on her certification.  She simply put, 

Certification by Translator

I, Nadja Mckenna-Hofmann certify that I am fluent in English and in Spanish, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled Central Register of Criminal Proceedings of Spain. 

June 28,2022

Nadja McKenna-Hofmann

122 Beechpoint Dr.

Oxford, OH 45056

Will this get an RFE?  Should I go back to her and ask for this plus a signature?  Thanks for any suggestions or advice. 

I will be soooooo glad when this is over and done with!

We submitted my immunization card which is in Arabic. I translated it myself (I'm not a certified translator) and attached it to the Arabic version along witha paper my attorney sent me that has a statement exactly like the one you typed above. I wrote my full name, dated it, signed it, and submitted. It was accepted but we got RFE for some taxt paper. 

16 minutes ago, Wavymago said:

We submitted my immunization card which is in Arabic. I translated it myself (I'm not a certified translator) and attached it to the Arabic version along with a paper my attorney sent me that has a statement exactly like the one you typed above. I wrote my full name, dated it, signed it, and submitted. It was accepted but we got RFE for some taxt paper. 

That's where I'm perplexed.  They didn't RFE you for the translation, but you signed it.  I'm concerned that they'll nitpick it all and ding it because of lack of a handwritten signature.   If they'll ding one for not having a handwritten date, I'm thinking a signature is a for sure RFE.  And the saga continues...:(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.