JojoandTomas

JUNE 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

180 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
14 hours ago, To_the_moon said:

Our NOA2 date is June 29, still haven't heard anything from NVC. Can you please share the email address you tried to expedite your case at? I tried to email them after the 30 day rule had passed but got a response to contact them using the Public Inquiry tool, which apparently takes 2 months to response.

I contacted them to update my email like the guide said and it didn’t take two months for a response. More like 3 weeks

Timeline
14 hours ago, To_the_moon said:

I am a member of one group specifically for K1 filers, and the current news there is that people with NOA2 dates in APRIL are still waiting for their NVC case numbers. Unbelievable. 

Yes it’s sad but people here with NOA2 in June have gotten their NVC numbers so it may be all about the mailing process to the embassy as why it’s taking long. As they aren’t letting people know WHEN they receive their cases rather, WHEN they mail them to the respective embassies. So if there is trouble with that portion it might explain why some are still waiting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Anyone from the UK had any luck so far from this month? We're still waiting at 55 days since NOA2...

I-129F Sent -  April 30 2021
I-129F Received by lockbox (NOA1) - May 4, 2021

I-129F Notification received - May 14, 2021

NOA1 physical copy received - May 22, 2021

NOA2 received - June 14, 2022 

NOA2 physical copy received - June 21, 2022

In transit to embassy - August 16, 2022

Interview (approved) - September 26, 2022

Visa in hand - September 29, 2022

US Entry - October 11, 2022

i-485 filed - January 10, 2023

i-485 approved - April 5, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 8/5/2022 at 11:56 PM, tcrossle said:

NVC just received our I-129F!

NOA1: May 10th, 2021

NOA2: June 22nd, 2022

NVC Receive: August 5th, 2022

approx. 44 days

We just booked the plane ticket a few hours ago without knowing it would be sent out today haha!

We are so excited, and hope all of you get your cases sent out soon!

Did you get your shipment notification to the embassy/consulate yet? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
16 hours ago, miller_Kay said:

Did you get your shipment notification to the embassy/consulate yet? 

I received an email yesterday saying I am now able to schedule an interview!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Amelme said:

I'm waiting for NVC to generate a number, does my fiance need to fill for i134 out and where does he send it? help 😭😭😭

Are you the petitioner or the beneficiary? If your fiancé is the beneficiary and intends to financially support himself, then he would be filling out the I-134 and submitting it based on the embassy's instructions once you're case is ready. However, if he is not the financially supporting himself (if he is the beneficiary) then someone needs to fill the I-134 on his behalf as a joint sponsor (or your behalf if you are the beneficiary).

4 hours ago, S I A N said:

Are you the petitioner or the beneficiary? If your fiancé is the beneficiary and intends to financially support himself, then he would be filling out the I-134 and submitting it based on the embassy's instructions once you're case is ready. However, if he is not the financially supporting himself (if he is the beneficiary) then someone needs to fill the I-134 on his behalf as a joint sponsor (or your behalf if you are the beneficiary).

Thank you for answer, he is in USA . We are confused where to send that form, or he just have to send that to me so I can Show on interwiev.. thank you one more time

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Amelme said:

Thank you for answer, he is in USA . We are confused where to send that form, or he just have to send that to me so I can Show on interwiev.. thank you one more time

You're welcome. Once your fiancé receives the case number, you should receive a packet telling you exactly what is needed. I say this because not all countries run the same. Some consulates/embassies require documentation to be uploaded online beforehand whereas others want the beneficiary to bring in the copy of Form I-134 (meaning your fiancé fills it out, scans, and sends it to you). Other than that, your consulate made no mention of it in their requirements:

U.S. Embassy Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina - SAR (state.gov)

Timeline

After 31 days my fiancé sent a request to NVC about our case and after 15 more long days I sent a request to them 3 hours ago and low and behold! They sent us an email and we got our NVC # and the email said they would be sending our files to his consulate and the consulate would contact him when they are ready to process his file. On the CEAC website it says our case is in transit and your interview date has been provided by the NVC. But they didn’t so I’m assuming they will contact us or when it says ready he will be able to set the interview date and the medical appointment....right? Either way I’m excited 🤩 I haven’t gotten the physical letter so I don’t know when they actually received my case but I know it’s in transit!!!!!! YAY!!!!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Amelme said:

Thats great. 😍👏 That was email from website or?

From the NVC-do-not-reply-@state.gov email

Edited by Emerick

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Emerick said:

After 31 days my fiancé sent a request to NVC about our case and after 15 more long days I sent a request to them 3 hours ago and low and behold! They sent us an email and we got our NVC # and the email said they would be sending our files to his consulate and the consulate would contact him when they are ready to process his file. On the CEAC website it says our case is in transit and your interview date has been provided by the NVC. But they didn’t so I’m assuming they will contact us or when it says ready he will be able to set the interview date and the medical appointment....right? Either way I’m excited 🤩 I haven’t gotten the physical letter so I don’t know when they actually received my case but I know it’s in transit!!!!!! YAY!!!!

Congrats @Emerick And thank you for updating everyone! What email address did you write them at to check up 3hours ago? Our NOA2 is june 24th, so hopefully we will also hear soon. 

Edited by miller_Kay

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.