Meli022

Amman Jordan Interviews

119 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jordanian Bride said:

@chadonius @Tiff2 @Lana2542 @lwheeler

For US citizen petitioners IR1/CR1 who became citizens by jus soli (by being born on American soil), the original American birth certificate is now being requested by consular officers.

This is for “proof of US citizenship of the petitioner”. This is not being requested for joint sponsors. A colored copy no longer suffices. A colored copy of the US passport no longer suffices. I would suggest you bring it with you if you’re visiting your spouse. Many 221g’s have been issued lately, and it’s no longer random cases.

This does not apply to US citizen petitioners who acquired citizenship by naturalization or CRBA.

This is the 221G being given at the interview. By “PET” they mean petitioner:

4AE59C18-E28E-43BE-90EE-14F33B9A9E8C.jpeg

Still no email. I’ve accepted that it will be next month. 🫠 Do you think there’s any chance next Friday might still be possible for more IL’s?

Timeline
1 hour ago, chadonius said:

Still no email. I’ve accepted that it will be next month. 🫠 Do you think there’s any chance next Friday might still be possible for more IL’s?

I hope so for your sake just because you’re so close :( They might, who even knows how they work?

Just want you to know if they send in your IL in February and you get your interview date after April 18, then your wife will have to present your 2022 taxes at the interview. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Jordanian Bride said:

I hope so for your sake just because you’re so close :( They might, who even knows how they work?

Just want you to know if they send in your IL in February and you get your interview date after April 18, then your wife will have to present your 2022 taxes at the interview. 

I brushed my teeth and got in bed and checked my email praying that perhaps I’d see an email from the NVC….

I got my IL!!!! Scheduled for March 6th @ 12pm. We fly back from our honeymoon from Male to Amman March 6th @ 9am!!! God is great!!! Poor baby she will be so tired but what can we do!

I appreciate all the support. Wish you all the best of luck with your cases!!!

Timeline
3 hours ago, chadonius said:

I brushed my teeth and got in bed and checked my email praying that perhaps I’d see an email from the NVC….

I got my IL!!!! Scheduled for March 6th @ 12pm. We fly back from our honeymoon from Male to Amman March 6th @ 9am!!! God is great!!! Poor baby she will be so tired but what can we do!

I appreciate all the support. Wish you all the best of luck with your cases!!!

Mashallah!!!!! I’m soooo happy for you!!!! Alf mabrouk!!!! That is absolutely great, everything will work out perfectly for you!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Mashallah!!!!! I’m soooo happy for you!!!! Alf mabrouk!!!! That is absolutely great, everything will work out perfectly for you!

Allah ybarek feek! The waiting may soon be over. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Benin
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jordanian Bride said:

They sent out a batch of interviews yesterday covering the end of DQ November and entering into DQ December 14th apparently. 

I don’t know why some embassies are working harder to clear backlogs but others are not. I’m expecting to receive mine by the end of the week. DQ Nov 16

Timeline
1 hour ago, GreyM said:

I don’t know why some embassies are working harder to clear backlogs but others are not. I’m expecting to receive mine by the end of the week. DQ Nov 16

Keep in mind you’re F2A. If you’re DQ Nov 2022 and expect your interview letter this month, your embassy is stellar.

F2A interviews in Amman are stuck in DQ March 2021 or around that period.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/25/2023 at 4:51 AM, Jordanian Bride said:

Keep in mind you’re F2A. If you’re DQ Nov 2022 and expect your interview letter this month, your embassy is stellar.

F2A interviews in Amman are stuck in DQ March 2021 or around that period.

We got IL today 😁, I have to ask you something,

Timeline

This morning Amman sent out interviews for IR1/CR1 category of DQ up to 25 Dec 2022 for April.

1 minute ago, Tiff2 said:

We got IL today 😁, I have to ask you something,

Congrats!! I just came here to update that at the same minute you posted. Ask away.

Edited by Jordanian Bride

Timeline

They’ve sent out a batch of IL today.
Covered end of DQ DEC and reached DQ JAN 6th scheduled for April (from what I’ve SEEN, but may have actually reached first two weeks).

Amman is officially scheduling IR1/CR1 DQ’d in 2023!

Timeline
On 2/16/2023 at 2:56 AM, Jordanian Bride said:

It is about the medical exam, how many days prior the interview should the medical exam be done?, and reading the wesite it says the documents have to be sent to the embassy one or two weeks prior the interview, what do you know about this? 

19 hours ago, Jordanian Bride said:

They’ve sent out a batch of IL today.
Covered end of DQ DEC and reached DQ JAN 6th scheduled for April (from what I’ve SEEN, but may have actually reached first two weeks).

Amman is officially scheduling IR1/CR1 DQ’d in 2023!

It is about the medical exam, how many days prior the interview should the medical exam be done?, and reading the website it says the documents have to be sent to the embassy one or two weeks prior the interview, what do you know about this? 

Timeline
13 hours ago, Tiff2 said:

It is about the medical exam, how many days prior the interview should the medical exam be done?, and reading the website it says the documents have to be sent to the embassy one or two weeks prior the interview, what do you know about this? 

So if you want the medical to be just a few days before the interview, let it be with Dr. Amy. If you want it up to 2-3 weeks before, let it be with Dr. Agnes. It's entirely up to you based on how soon you plan to travel after visa issuance.

Yes, the documents should be sent through Aramex at the Khalda/Tlaa Al Ali branch in Amman. It's for free and you send everything through them. If you don't live in Amman, you may send your documents through your local Aramex branch for a small fee but there's the fear of delays.

On the day of the interview, the applicant's name will be on a list and you'll just say your name and if it's on the list they'll let you in (I still recommend bringing the Jordanian ID, because your passport will have been sent through Aramex). Now here's the only nuance: if your medical is just a few days before the interview, then you can either agree with the panel physician to bring a coloured copy of your passport OR you can simply not send it through Aramex and just bring it with you on the day of the interview, however many people are uncomfortable with the latter.

I booked my medical a couple of weeks before my interview, as I don't want to worry about the whole passport thing. But that's because my husband and I plan to travel as soon as the visa is issued. For someone who has business to wrap up before heading to the US, I recommend they book their medical a few days before the interview as that would give you an extra 2-3 weeks before your visa expires. Your visa expires 6 months after your medical.

Timeline

My wife did her medical exam with Dr. Agnes last week. She said the Dr. was extremely friendly and seemed genuinely interested in talking and listening to her. After it was over she was not given a sealed envelope, but told the office would send everything to the embassy themselves. 

The rest of our documents we will be sending out tomorrow or Tuesday when I get to Amman.  It will be 14 days before the interview. I made sure to bring an original birth certificate and all tax documents and W-2 and paystubs. 

I had to cut our honeymoon by half a day in order to get back the night before the interview otherwise we would have arrived the morning of. I was willing to take the risk but she wasn’t. 😅

Timeline
On 2/18/2023 at 11:25 AM, Jordanian Bride said:

So if you want the medical to be just a few days before the interview, let it be with Dr. Amy. If you want it up to 2-3 weeks before, let it be with Dr. Agnes. It's entirely up to you based on how soon you plan to travel after visa issuance.

Yes, the documents should be sent through Aramex at the Khalda/Tlaa Al Ali branch in Amman. It's for free and you send everything through them. If you don't live in Amman, you may send your documents through your local Aramex branch for a small fee but there's the fear of delays.

On the day of the interview, the applicant's name will be on a list and you'll just say your name and if it's on the list they'll let you in (I still recommend bringing the Jordanian ID, because your passport will have been sent through Aramex). Now here's the only nuance: if your medical is just a few days before the interview, then you can either agree with the panel physician to bring a coloured copy of your passport OR you can simply not send it through Aramex and just bring it with you on the day of the interview, however many people are uncomfortable with the latter.

I booked my medical a couple of weeks before my interview, as I don't want to worry about the whole passport thing. But that's because my husband and I plan to travel as soon as the visa is issued. For someone who has business to wrap up before heading to the US, I recommend they book their medical a few days before the interview as that would give you an extra 2-3 weeks before your visa expires. Your visa expires 6 months after your medical.

My husband booked his appointment today for the medical exam. He will be dropping off the envelope with documents to the embassy.

Are you going to bring with you copies of the same documents you are going to send through Aramex the day of your interview? I won't be able to be there the day of his interview because of work, so I am very stressed making sure he gets the things he will need for his interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.