Meli022

Amman Jordan Interviews

119 posts in this topic

Oh no that's annoying. Just try searching key words and maybe it will pop up for you. Last someone posted they were scheduling interviews from May 2021 so hopefully you're in this next group!! I think they said they usually send out interviews sometime around the 15th of each month. Please keep me posted!! They need to pick up the pace! It's ridiculous how behind they still are 

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi all,

my brother is waiting for an interview since May 2021 and every couple of months, he gets a notice from the embassy telling him he has to wait and they will let him know. I am not sure if you guys are in category 1 but he is F2A category. 

Thanks 

Edited by Sammyd90

• 1 month later...

I'm adding to this just in case it helps anyone. I received an email two days ago that my expedited request from March was approved. I'm thinking they are finally opening up more visa appointments and going through all the denied expedites first. It was originally denied within 24 hours of submission back in March. It's showing in transit and when I log into NVC it's showing it's at Amman. I'll update again if/when we get an interview letter. 

On 8/28/2022 at 8:43 AM, Meli022 said:

I'm adding to this just in case it helps anyone. I received an email two days ago that my expedited request from March was approved. I'm thinking they are finally opening up more visa appointments and going through all the denied expedites first. It was originally denied within 24 hours of submission back in March. It's showing in transit and when I log into NVC it's showing it's at Amman. I'll update again if/when we get an interview letter. 

Hi!

Thank you for sharing. Do you mind sharing your DQ date and the general reason for your expedite request? We were dq'ed ealy this month and it seems like it's going to be a really long wait. We'd like to know if we can request an expedite on our case 

7 minutes ago, Wavymago said:

Hi!

Thank you for sharing. Do you mind sharing your DQ date and the general reason for your expedite request? We were dq'ed ealy this month and it seems like it's going to be a really long wait. We'd like to know if we can request an expedite on our case 

Hey sure no problem...we were DQ October 2021. I requested expedite in March for pregnancy and it was denied literally less than 24 hours later lol which means they probably didn't even send it. I was SHOCKED to get an email last Friday saying it was now approved as I hadn't sent anything to them since March. Still waiting on an interview date though. They skipped August altogether and didn't send anyone anything. Should hopefully be next week for the October batches of interviews. Hopefully your wait won't be as long. Appears they are finally making an effort to get caught up!

2 hours ago, Meli022 said:

Hey sure no problem...we were DQ October 2021. I requested expedite in March for pregnancy and it was denied literally less than 24 hours later lol which means they probably didn't even send it. I was SHOCKED to get an email last Friday saying it was now approved as I hadn't sent anything to them since March. Still waiting on an interview date though. They skipped August altogether and didn't send anyone anything. Should hopefully be next week for the October batches of interviews. Hopefully your wait won't be as long. Appears they are finally making an effort to get caught up!

I usually hear that pregnancy isn't a good reason to expedite unless it was critical to the baby or mother (which I totally disagree with, it's definitely valid). I'm in a facebook & whatsapp group for cr1/ir1 applicants in Jordan and some people have said that they received an email that says their case was expedited although they didn't really request an expedition to their case so it's puzzling. I'm very happy for you guys though and I'm hopeful that you will get your interview very soon. It does seem like they are improving but at the same time I still feel like they're not really giving us the priority yet. If they do the same number of B1/B2 interviews for us immigrants in a month, all the backlog for IV category would be done. I'm really not sure why they don't want to do that though. It's been a long journey and we can't wait for the end. I wish you guys luck!

Just now, Wavymago said:

I usually hear that pregnancy isn't a good reason to expedite unless it was critical to the baby or mother (which I totally disagree with, it's definitely valid). I'm in a facebook & whatsapp group for cr1/ir1 applicants in Jordan and some people have said that they received an email that says their case was expedited although they didn't really request an expedition to their case so it's puzzling. I'm very happy for you guys though and I'm hopeful that you will get your interview very soon. It does seem like they are improving but at the same time I still feel like they're not really giving us the priority yet. If they do the same number of B1/B2 interviews for us immigrants in a month, all the backlog for IV category would be done. I'm really not sure why they don't want to do that though. It's been a long journey and we can't wait for the end. I wish you guys luck!

Do please post back here if you receive and interview letter! I would appreciate it. thank you :D

10 minutes ago, Wavymago said:

Do please post back here if you receive and interview letter! I would appreciate it. thank you :D

I am high risk which is why I attempted to expedite with medical records. I figured it would get denied (which it did at first) hense why I was so shocked I got an approval a week ago lol not complaining though we've been waiting over 2 years since the start of the process I'm tired haha I will definitely post any news I get good or bad. And I agree if they would have just done a few hundred a month instead of this 60 a month BS they'd be caught up! I'm also in those groups (I left WhatsApp because all ppl did was chat and I don't have time for that lol) But even that FB group isn't the best so it's hard to get any answers for Jordan! Good luck to you guys as well! Please post here if you see/hear anything!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.