Meli022

Amman Jordan Interviews

119 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
16 hours ago, chadonius said:

My wife did her medical exam with Dr. Agnes last week. She said the Dr. was extremely friendly and seemed genuinely interested in talking and listening to her. After it was over she was not given a sealed envelope, but told the office would send everything to the embassy themselves. 

The rest of our documents we will be sending out tomorrow or Tuesday when I get to Amman.  It will be 14 days before the interview. I made sure to bring an original birth certificate and all tax documents and W-2 and paystubs. 

I had to cut our honeymoon by half a day in order to get back the night before the interview otherwise we would have arrived the morning of. I was willing to take the risk but she wasn’t. 😅

Make sure to upload any updated documents to CEAC! It's not enough to only send them through Aramex.

Haha, I wouldn't take the risk either. So happy this journey is almost over for you guys. What a turn of events!

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Tiff2 said:

Are you going to bring with you copies of the same documents you are going to send through Aramex the day of your interview? 

I actually will be lol. I just don't trust Aramex enough to handle all of it correctly. I'll be bringing a copy of the same documents on the day of the interview.

I heard last week they (could be the embassy during document handling) lost an applicant's original marriage contract and issued a 221g. Rare but it happens. I'd bring additional 2x2 photos to the interview too.

Timeline
On 2/20/2023 at 10:58 AM, Jordanian Bride said:

Make sure to upload any updated documents to CEAC! It's not enough to only send them through Aramex.

Haha, I wouldn't take the risk either. So happy this journey is almost over for you guys. What a turn of events!

Do you think we need to send in and upload her new Jordanian “family book” I don’t have it translated.  And what about addtl evidence like pictures and chats and money transfers. Do those need to be uploaded as well? Or can we just bring them in. What do you think? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, chadonius said:

Do you think we need to send in and upload her new Jordanian “family book” I don’t have it translated.  And what about addtl evidence like pictures and chats and money transfers. Do those need to be uploaded as well? Or can we just bring them in. What do you think? 

Updated family book is not required for Jordanian beneficiaries. You may upload all the evidence under “others”, aside from chat logs. It’s not required just recommended. 

But for civil and financial documents it is REQUIRED.

Edited by Jordanian Bride

Timeline
8 hours ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Updated family book is not required for Jordanian beneficiaries. You may upload all the evidence under “others”, aside from chat logs. It’s not required just recommended. 

But for civil and financial documents it is REQUIRED.

So I have everything ready. I’m taking it to aramex tomorrow inshallah. I haven’t felt nervous about anything except for this moment. It would be devastating to not get the visa on the first try. I plan to bring her home in a few weeks if it all goes well. 

Just to clarify, it’s RECOMMENDED but not REQUIRED to bring an extra copy of everything to the interview? Because we’re literally sending it all with aramex. I’m using this as my guide…

0A64C93C-B9C1-4F81-8303-BDC8C7598512.png

Timeline
10 minutes ago, chadonius said:

So I have everything ready. I’m taking it to aramex tomorrow inshallah. I haven’t felt nervous about anything except for this moment. It would be devastating to not get the visa on the first try. I plan to bring her home in a few weeks if it all goes well. 

Just to clarify, it’s RECOMMENDED but not REQUIRED to bring an extra copy of everything to the interview? Because we’re literally sending it all with aramex. I’m using this as my guide…

Believe me, I am so agitated right now and terrified of AP. It is the worst step lol.

It’s recommended and not required. Most people don’t even bring anything to the interview and are more than fine. Don’t forget to send proof of bonafide marriage. Wishing you the best, and enjoy your honeymoon!!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Believe me, I am so agitated right now and terrified of AP. It is the worst step lol.

It’s recommended and not required. Most people don’t even bring anything to the interview and are more than fine. Wishing you the best, and enjoy your honeymoon!!

Thank you so much. I wish you the best too. You definitely seem to have everything under control. Wedding day is tomorrow. Just closed all payments and picked up my tuxedo! You’re welcome to join us if you’d like 🙂. Btw we added a second leg to the honeymoon. Sharm el Sheikh. Got an amazing deal and couldn’t say no. She’s so excited and just seeing her happy makes me feel on-top of the world. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, chadonius said:

Thank you so much. I wish you the best too. You definitely seem to have everything under control. Wedding day is tomorrow. Just closed all payments and picked up my tuxedo! You’re welcome to join us if you’d like 🙂. Btw we added a second leg to the honeymoon. Sharm el Sheikh. Got an amazing deal and couldn’t say no. She’s so excited and just seeing her happy makes me feel on-top of the world. 

Omg keep the stress under control!! So happy you are doing everything to make her happy. Happy wife, happy life! ENJOY EVERY MOMENT.

I’m trying my best to stay cool until interview day 🤞🏻 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/22/2023 at 1:55 PM, Jordanian Bride said:

Omg keep the stress under control!! So happy you are doing everything to make her happy. Happy wife, happy life! ENJOY EVERY MOMENT.

Good luck to both you, I hope everything goes smooth and you get approve the same day ❤️

Timeline
On 2/23/2023 at 12:55 AM, Jordanian Bride said:

Thank you so much and I wish the same to you! I had my medical on the 28th Feb with Dr Agnes and they were really friendly. When’s your husband’s medical? 😊

Timeline
On 3/3/2023 at 11:25 PM, Jordanian Bride said:

Thank you so much and I wish the same to you! I had my medical on the 28th Feb with Dr Agnes and they were really friendly. When’s your husband’s medical? 😊

My wife got her approval today. She said they asked her a handful of questions. My name, my address, how we met, what I do for work and where I am currently (I was outside). She said everyone before her also got approved. The entire process took 2 hours but interview was less than 5 min. 

image.jpg

Timeline
Just now, chadonius said:

My wife got her approval today. She said they asked her a handful of questions. My name, my address, how we met, what I do for work and where I am currently (I was outside). She said everyone before her also got approved. The entire process took 2 hours but interview was less than 5 min. 

image.jpg

That is stellar!!! Mabrouuuuk 😊 Inshaa Allah this means you’ll get her visa in five business days. Thank you for telling us!!!

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

That is stellar!!! Mabrouuuuk 😊 Inshaa Allah this means you’ll get her visa in five business days. Thank you for telling us!!!

Allah ybarek feeki. I hope so, I’m hoping for 3 days!! Wish you all best of luck. 

So remember how I said we had our honeymoon right before the interview. I sent her passport via aramex and completely forgot we needed it to travel. The next day I ran around like a madman to retrieve it before it reached the embassy. It was quite the ordeal. But thank God it all worked out. She handed her passport over in person and it all worked out. We were terrified I had ruined everything. 🫠

Next stop USA!!!

Timeline
On 3/6/2023 at 3:39 PM, chadonius said:

Allah ybarek feeki. I hope so, I’m hoping for 3 days!! Wish you all best of luck. 

So remember how I said we had our honeymoon right before the interview. I sent her passport via aramex and completely forgot we needed it to travel. The next day I ran around like a madman to retrieve it before it reached the embassy. It was quite the ordeal. But thank God it all worked out. She handed her passport over in person and it all worked out. We were terrified I had ruined everything. 🫠

Next stop USA!!!

Hahahaha I just imagined you running around like a madman. 😂 Thank god it all worked out in the end.

Timeline
On 3/3/2023 at 12:25 PM, Jordanian Bride said:

He is going to have his medical exam on April 2. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.