Purigorotta8

Processing delays with NOA2

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I filed the I-129F application K1 for my fiance in Vietnam back in April 2021, I received the NOA1 the end of that month. It is now June of 2022 and I still have yet to receive my NOA2. When I check my status on the USCIS website, it only reads "On April 19th 2021 we received your form I-129F...."   it's frustrating because when you call the USCIS number, there is an automated system that will hang up on you and never connect you with a live person.  As I have already checked the processing times on VisaJourney, the TSC is processing August applications already. I'm stumped on what to do, I'm considering getting an immigration lawyer to help me out, but that's a last resort.  Anybody else in a similar situation?  Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hey there, I'm so sorry you're going through all this stress, and I can certainly relate. Unfortunately this is the reality we're living in right now. I filed on April 15, 2021 and have finally been approved on June 3rd, 2021 (Last Friday) after 414 days and the feeling was incredible.. All you can do is wait until you're outside of processing times before you can request an inquiry. You can try and call all you want but you will be severely disappointed and met with the same answers over and over again. If it eases your stress anymore, there is a spreadsheet where they track all April cases and on Monday (yday/today, idk where you're located) they've touched 89 cases. Hang in there, you're almost there. I promise!

7 minutes ago, Purigorotta8 said:

I filed the I-129F application K1 for my fiance in Vietnam back in April 2021, I received the NOA1 the end of that month. It is now June of 2022 and I still have yet to receive my NOA2. When I check my status on the USCIS website, it only reads "On April 19th 2021 we received your form I-129F...."   it's frustrating because when you call the USCIS number, there is an automated system that will hang up on you and never connect you with a live person.  As I have already checked the processing times on VisaJourney, the TSC is processing August applications already. I'm stumped on what to do, I'm considering getting an immigration lawyer to help me out, but that's a last resort.  Anybody else in a similar situation?  Thanks

I-129F petitions are not processed at the TSC.  They are processed at the CSC.  Current processing time is around 13 months, so your just a couple of months over that.

What do you hope an immigration lawyer can do for you?  You could pay them to make the same inquiries you can make for free.

Have you submitted an inquiry for being outside of normal processing?

1 hour ago, Purigorotta8 said:

You should join this group for solidarity! 

~~ Topic moved from K1 Process to Progress Reports ~~

You need to check processing times on USCIS itself. It’s always California Service Center unless it’s transferred to Vermont if you have a criminal background. Here is what it says on when you can submit an inquiry:

7E922293-C3FC-4D15-B54F-7B1D6767A34D.thumb.jpeg.6d751b78d7ec7ee8deffa1e677119813.jpeg

I don’t know your exact date. I put April 30, 2021 as NOA1. For now you’re within their normal processing time range, you can submit an inquiry sometime in July.

16 hours ago, Purigorotta8 said:

Mine took 416 days. I was approved just last Friday so hopefully yours will come soon. Definitely join the April fliers group as a lot of us are in similar situation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.