dominodancing

First i485 denied, second i485 rejected.

36 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Mansoorjan said:

Send just form I-130 and everything will be good. I had the same problem. 

That would be a waste of money and effort in the OP's wife's case.  I-130 is not required for applicants from K1 visa who married within 90 days of US entry.

On 6/10/2022 at 11:42 PM, Mansoorjan said:

I had the same problem. My documents were rejected 2times. I called them and the answer was that I should send form I-130 first then after receiving I-797 you should send form I-485 with all necessary documents with a copy of form I-797 for I-130. I did it and my process continued. 

Whatever the details of your case, it will be a waste for the OP's wife to do the same.  It is noted in the official I-485 instructions that having an approved I-129F is sufficient as underlying petition for an AOS applicant from K1 visa who married within 90 days of US entry.

1 hour ago, dominodancing said:

Does anyone know what this green paper means?!? Is it a notice to tell me i have only one last chance to file?!?

As long as your wife has not been deported, she may keep filing until she gets it right so her I-485 package gets accepted.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijack post and reply removed. Please start your own thread if you have questions about your own case~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Thanks to everyone who shared their knowledge and gave advices.

Small update, i sent new i485 with all docs and fees.

I sent on Tuesday 14 June and package was delivered to USCIS  Wednesday 15 June. 

Today Tuesday 21 June my bank account was charged by USCIS and also same day today i got Notice of action i797c 

I find it very strange, so fast they did that, basically 4 working days(including the day when USCIS received package) only passed since they got package, quite aggressive they working on my case this time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, dominodancing said:

Thanks to everyone who shared their knowledge and gave advices.

Small update, i sent new i485 with all docs and fees.

I sent on Tuesday 14 June and package was delivered to USCIS  Wednesday 15 June. 

Today Tuesday 21 June my bank account was charged by USCIS and also same day today i got Notice of action i797c 

I find it very strange, so fast they did that, basically 4 working days(including the day when USCIS received package) only passed since they got package, quite aggressive they working on my case this time.

Glad its at that stage already. 

Small update, received this yesterday, Sunday.

Does that means USCIS already at fingerprint stage?!? They received file 15 june, june 26 got this notice, lightning fast progress, or what is it?!?!

First filing last year(2021)60F03692-4E68-4BAD-9823-CAEDADF3A96A.thumb.png.65213208b25cc6ac6237bd748cccd028.png60F03692-4E68-4BAD-9823-CAEDADF3A96A.thumb.png.65213208b25cc6ac6237bd748cccd028.pngdid june 21, but fingerprint were set for 10 September appointment, which is 2 months and 20 days.

2 hours ago, dominodancing said:

Small update, received this yesterday, Sunday.

Does that means USCIS already at fingerprint stage?!? They received file 15 june, june 26 got this notice, lightning fast progress, or what is it?!?!

It means you will not need new fingerprints, they are using the ones you did during last filing. 
Not able to see if you uploaded your I-485 interview notice for September..but yes, they are shooting for fast processing. I personally know of a March  , 2022 adjustment that was scheduled for interview  an April , 2022 interview and 2 weeks later they had green card in hand. 

41 minutes ago, Family said:

It means you will not need new fingerprints, they are using the ones you did during last filing. 
Not able to see if you uploaded your I-485 interview notice for September..but yes, they are shooting for fast processing. I personally know of a March  , 2022 adjustment that was scheduled for interview  an April , 2022 interview and 2 weeks later they had green card in hand. 

There is no interview notice, just this paper.

• 2 weeks later...

There is some activity now

I received notification through the case tracker app, on my K2 that RFE was sent, but on K1 no any updates.

When i log in to my USCIS main account there is no any activity, still the same : Case was received and thats it.

Is it OK to get RFE only for K2? And what could this be? Request for original documents??  I sent my package almost same as first time( added few papers), first time there were no RFE for my K2 at all, just one RFE regarding tax transcript request. 

What are they doing there? One time is like this, second time is like that,( i dont even mention when they rejected my application due to fact that no priority date can  be found on my initial i129F( approved i797c( there is no priority date listed).

Getting stressed out with all this. Btw K1 is mother of my daughter which is US citizen through CRBA. 

Edited by dominodancing

2 minutes ago, dominodancing said:

Getting stressed out with all this

So how about a glass of cheer and pat on the back that neither packet was rejected?! You are DIY a pretty complex process. Relax and wait for the RFE, am sure it will be an easily fixed issue…once you get the RFE , post if it’s not clear . Someone will help.

But , you may have skipped reading instructions, because ALL of them say don’t send “ originals “..so relax, enjoy the journey 

12 minutes ago, Family said:

So how about a glass of cheer and pat on the back that neither packet was rejected?! You are DIY a pretty complex process. Relax and wait for the RFE, am sure it will be an easily fixed issue…once you get the RFE , post if it’s not clear . Someone will help.

But , you may have skipped reading instructions, because ALL of them say don’t send “ originals “..so relax, enjoy the journey 

I did not sent any originals.

Dont see anything extraordinary in this process, followed instructions line by line always. Question is why K2 has RFE now? 

Relax is not acceptable, can debate a lot about the process, caught USCIS playing dirty so i dont trust them.

My first file had 2 RFEs, that second RFE which i never got, i even waited per instructions and did request online (that nothing was received, please resend it) request had no answer and denial issued after 2 weeks. I got all letters except that second RFE, i see it as a money making for government, they don't care. I suspect they can request now some documents form K2s country of origin and i will be screwed. 

And DIY is it a problem? I had a lawyer for motion to reopen, got money spent, denied and lawyer said good luck( kiss goodbye).

RFE is a bad indicator, they again digging for something, all documents were sent per instructions, all proof they have from me, what they do is trying to bring me down,thats what is all about. Otherwise i would not have so much pain to go through it,  never ending story, the process started 2019, soon will be 4 years, nonsense. 

9 minutes ago, dominodancing said:

RFE is a bad indicator, they again digging for something

RFE just means you did not submit something needed or perhaps a box was not ticked off correctly and can be easily remedied, definitely they are not digging for anything from you that is not required of all others. 
It’s ok if you choose to stay tense…perhaps you can read and post on the Current Events Forums or any other Forums on VJ , you are welcome to join in any threads 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.