12 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone. I hope you guys can help me. I've been trying to contact USCIS and NVC but it I never successfully talk to someone. 

My best friend's mother filed a petition for him back in 2013 when he was still a minor and got approved by USCIS. The case was sent over to NVC and even got a case number in 2014 but the person they intrusted to pay the visa application did not pay it and it's been almost 9 years from now since then and my best friend is now over age. My question is, is there any way that the visa petition can be reinstated or needed to file a new form of I-130? 

Most of you would think why the petitioner did not take an action earlier. Long story and please don't judge. I am here asking questions because I wanted to help them.

Thank you so much.

Edited by Faye C

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Was the I130 revoked?

We do not judge.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hi Boiler,

I’m not sure. but when i check the status on the USCIS website. it just said the case has been approved and sent over to NVC. I couldn’t check the status at national visa center website because back then I am not sure if every visa petition has invoice number. Meaning, i only have the case number with no invoice number. 

Timeline

I assumed it would have been sent to the Consulate.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, Faye C said:

Hi Boiler,

I’m not sure. but when i check the status on the USCIS website. it just said the case has been approved and sent over to NVC. I couldn’t check the status at national visa center website because back then I am not sure if every visa petition has invoice number. Meaning, i only have the case number with no invoice number. 

Ever tried the NVCInquiry@state.gov email route? Would need USCIS case number, petitioner and beneficiary details. You also should have approval letter from USCIS to attach or provide details. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

It wouldn't be sent out to Us consulate because the visa application was not paid and there was no affidavit of support payment and other documents submitted. The person that they intrusted to pa the visa application did not pay it. 

I can do the inquiry at NVC. I am just hoping that I could get an answer faster. Emailing them could take months before they reply. NVC wasn't accepting inquiry calls right now because they were focused on working backlogs. 

You should indeed contact NVC to see what they have the status as, but be aware if there has been no contact for some years the petition may have died and they may need to start all over again. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Faye C said:

It wouldn't be sent out to Us consulate because the visa application was not paid and there was no affidavit of support payment and other documents submitted. The person that they intrusted to pa the visa application did not pay it. 

I can do the inquiry at NVC. I am just hoping that I could get an answer faster. Emailing them could take months before they reply. NVC wasn't accepting inquiry calls right now because they were focused on working backlogs. 

Ahh ok

Not are they will speak to you as a third party. Pretty sure they will not.

9 hours ago, Faye C said:

If you're truly "asking for a friend," I doubt they will disclose any details to you.

What do you mean by the 'person entrusted' to pay the fees?  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Can’t your best friend create their own account and ask? No human being should have a third party more invested in their immigration journey than they the beneficiaries (or petitioner) themselves.

You're giving us secondhand or third hand information.

Edited by African Zealot

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.