Sara Tony

K1 case sitting at embassy for over 2 months. How to expedite?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hi guys, so I think this is a common issue when a case transferred  to the embassy and waits for months. I am trying to ask for experience like that on how to make the embassy work on my file. I tried to send emails with health reasons asking to be able to have interview but it doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas. My case is k1 been at US embassy for over 2 months now. They haven't sent any emails and there is no slots available to book an appointment. Thank you.

Edited by Sara Tony

You have to have a valid reason to expedite. We can’t help you “shop” for an expedite reason, you either have a valid reason or you don’t. Not wanting to wait for an interview slot to open up is not a valid reason. You’ll need to wait like the rest of applicants going through Ethiopia.

Usually an expedite, including health reasons, is considered only when it affects the US citizen petitioner, not the beneficiary. 

Edited by powerpuff

Timeline

I am not shopping for reasons to expedite. My fiancé is the one having health issues that i submitted and no answer. 

1 minute ago, Sara Tony said:

I am not shopping for reasons to expedite. My fiancé is the one having health issues that i submitted and no answer. 

I can only conclude from that that either 1) they don’t believe the reason you provided warrants an expedite, or 2) you didn’t submit supporting evidence to support your claims 

Timeline

I did , he is about to be scheduled for major surgery in few weeks  because of a work accident and he is all alone there. If that is not enough I am not sure what is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

the USC has to apply with proofs

and doing this can backfire at your interview as it would be showing he is unable to care for u and basically on a K1 that is exactly what your fiancee is suppose to do

make plans to marry u

get your SS #

pay for your health care insurance or add u to his

and pay for your AOS ($1225)

1.  if he is having major surgery ,  he is not working?

2.  who would pick u up at the airport?

3.  how would u get him around for his follow up dr appointments?

4.  who would take u for groceries as u will not have a DL?

Getting an interview does not always mean instant visa/ there can be a visa denial or long AP 

Edited by JeanneAdil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.