164 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Adobo said:

If you are already approve consider yourself lucky!

I watched my processing time from 6 months to 5 months to 4, 3, 2, 1 month...to 1 week until it turned into " taking longer to process " last month. Today USCIS adjusted the timelines and now just like everyone else, I am back to 3 months....

At least the numbers are much more accurate now.  The numbers they were giving us before was a huge false hope red flag, unfortunately.

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

Called USCIS yesterday and found out my case was transferred to Nebraska from Texas. 

I also noticed from other posts that a lot of people’s processing tab on the account page is working, mine has always been blank so I asked the agent and they said IT will reach out to me within 7 days. I am curious if they get it working if the timeframe will be accurate.

I called 1-800-375-5283

When the automated system asks you how can they help just answer infopass and you will be able to speak to an agent.

Hope this helps!

Is anyone else feeling very frustrated? 😕 

I know waiting is apart of this whole process and the whole thing takes awhile but I’m starting to just feel like it’s never going to end.
Also, seeing people who filed around the same time as me/after me getting approved already is so hard (happy for you guys but jealous lol). 

Just wanted to vent. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/29/2023 at 3:23 PM, Swafford25 said:

Called USCIS yesterday and found out my case was transferred to Nebraska from Texas. 

I also noticed from other posts that a lot of people’s processing tab on the account page is working, mine has always been blank so I asked the agent and they said IT will reach out to me within 7 days. I am curious if they get it working if the timeframe will be accurate.

Good thing I read your post.  Based on it, I had my husband (the petitioner) call USCIS and inquiry and our case has also been transferred from Texas to Nebraska.  That is 2.5 months extra wait, according to USCIS's website. 

Our processing time shows that the case is taking longer than usual and that is what it always showed.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/30/2023 at 1:45 PM, thinpea said:

Is anyone else feeling very frustrated? 😕 

I know waiting is apart of this whole process and the whole thing takes awhile but I’m starting to just feel like it’s never going to end.
Also, seeing people who filed around the same time as me/after me getting approved already is so hard (happy for you guys but jealous lol). 

Just wanted to vent. 

I know how you're feeling - I'm feeling exactly the same way.  I am trying to do my best not to allow this wait get to me, but when I see other people get shorter wait times, I really get discouraged and it makes me feel like the whole process is unfair.  Like you, I am happy for everyone who is able to get their approval quickly, but I would be even happier if everyone got their approval quickly.  

7 hours ago, MRJ9987 said:

I know how you're feeling - I'm feeling exactly the same way.  I am trying to do my best not to allow this wait get to me, but when I see other people get shorter wait times, I really get discouraged and it makes me feel like the whole process is unfair.  Like you, I am happy for everyone who is able to get their approval quickly, but I would be even happier if everyone got their approval quickly.  

Hi everyone, Hope all of you are doing well! And I hope we go to finish line. May I know guys what part of your process already you are? Anyone here who waiting the invitation letter after DQ? 

On 4/3/2023 at 8:02 PM, Kriselle said:

Hi everyone, Hope all of you are doing well! And I hope we go to finish line. May I know guys what part of your process already you are? Anyone here who waiting the invitation letter after DQ? 

Most of us havent even got approved

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have some great news to share.

Our petition was just approved today. We are very excited 😄. After nearly a year long wait, we are now one step closer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, MaxThai said:

I have some great news to share.

Our petition was just approved today. We are very excited 😄. After nearly a year long wait, we are now one step closer.

Awww congratulations!!! Welcome to the NVC world now lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Approved!

PD- May 19, 2022

AR1- June 18, 2022

K3- June 29, 2022

K3 Denied- April 20  2023

AR2- April 20, 2023

Approval- April 20, 2023

11.5 months

Hopefully you all will follow

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.