waterlooengineer

May 2022 NVC Submission

187 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, serio562 said:

I have and obtained the documents and provided a copy to USCIS. I did not know to provide a copy to NVC, nor was there a slot online to provide these documents. The system is not user friendly at all. 

I agree. It should have been autopopulated as one of the required documents on CEAC. The system is quite glitchy still. For me, I think I should have gotten petitioner's proof of domicile status and all available W2s as required but instead the system required a Canadian PCC which is definitely not required according to their rules. I had only stayed in Canada for less than a month at the time of submission.

Edited by chaoticenergy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
14 hours ago, Chancy said:

The Department of State website details the required civil documents here -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

Under the section for "Petitioner Documents", the page specifies -- "If you are applying for an IR1, CR1, or F2A visa as the spouse of a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident and your petitioning spouse was previously married:  You must obtain evidence of the termination of EVERY prior marriage your petitioning spouse has had. This evidence must be an original or certified copy of one of the following documents:  FINAL legal divorce decree, death certificate, or annulment papers."

14 hours ago, serio562 said:

I have and obtained the documents and provided a copy to USCIS. I did not know to provide a copy to NVC, nor was there a slot online to provide these documents. The system is not user friendly at all. 

14 hours ago, chaoticenergy said:

I agree. It should have been autopopulated as one of the required documents on CEAC. The system is quite glitchy still. For me, I think I should have gotten petitioner's proof of domicile status and all available W2s as required but instead the system required a Canadian PCC which is definitely not required according to their rules. I had only stayed in Canada for less than a month at the time of submission.

Get ready for this one: We provided copies of the divorce certificate(s) of the USC petitioner to NVC and provided the original(s) to the Consulate during the interview (Casablanca consulate). The CO still asked for the prior marriage certificate(s) (original + translation), even if he had the divorce certificate(s).

Nowhere on the NVC website or the consulate page do they ask for the prior marriage certificate(s) of the petitioner. The COs have the authority to request whatever documents they feel will help them make the right decision.

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Did anyone got any DQ this week. ?

Are you guys following any other forum related to NVC DQ other than this.

Please post link here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

DQ today. RFE May 26, submitted documents 26,27,28, & 30th so I am not sure which date they went off of. I had to submit a divorce decree and a statement about income for co-sponsor for 2020. All documents said accepted in the mandatory sections. I thought it was weird they didn’t ask us to upload the divorce documents again since filing the I-130. These were just additional documents in the other section. 

Edited by A&K206
Correct spelling

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
12 minutes ago, LN1Casey said:

That's an 8-day jump from the last update, which was 19-May. Means the average time has dropped to 73 days.  Woot!

it is never an exact science. Case to case variability is still an issue

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

1 hour ago, coconuting said:

Hi all,

Finally got DQ-ed today. :) 

Submitted documents on Mar 2 and got RFE on May 26. submitted additional documents on May 27 and got DQ-ed today.

Now the waiting continues...

Good luck to all. :) 

Congrats! What was your rfe for?

3 hours ago, coconuting said:

Hi all,

Finally got DQ-ed today. :) 

Submitted documents on Mar 2 and got RFE on May 26. submitted additional documents on May 27 and got DQ-ed today.

Now the waiting continues...

Good luck to all. :) 

Does DQ email contains Interview date too or , usually we need to wait for Interview date ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, srav said:

Does DQ email contains Interview date too or , usually we need to wait for Interview date ?

Wait.  NVC will schedule an interview after your case reaches the front of the queue for your consulate.   Interview letter will be separate.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Is anyone still waiting on a review from mid May? I submitted a document required for an RFE on May 18th and haven’t heard anything. The document is still sitting there as “submitted” in the portal.

I would have expected to have heard something by now if they’ve moved onto cases from 28th May. Is that normal?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.