waterlooengineer

May 2022 NVC Submission

187 posts in this topic

Just now, Fouz said:

Do you think this is the problem? And that is why they keep asking for 1099. My uncles accountant just told me that they dont use 1099 and only W-2s when i asked him about the 1099. I dont really know much about taxes and how they work.

Yes they have to know where that money reported is coming from. Let me give you a basic example. Let's say you reported 30k for the year 2021 and let's say you made the 30k from 3 different jobs. You will need to provide all 3 w2/1099 forms that show the amount 30k. 

W2 for 10k  + w2 for 10k + W2 for 10k = the 30k reported on your income taxt for the year 2021. 

Some Jobs might not give you a w2 I think and will give you a 1099 instead so you should put that in. 

If I'm wrong please anyone correct me but I had the same FE and I had actually forgot to include a 1099 form. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
1 minute ago, Wavymago said:

Yes they have to know where that money reported is coming from. Let me give you a basic example. Let's say you reported 30k for the year 2021 and let's say you made the 30k from 3 different jobs. You will need to provide all 3 w2/1099 forms that show the amount 30k. 

W2 for 10k  + w2 for 10k + W2 for 10k = the 30k reported on your income taxt for the year 2021. 

Some Jobs might not give you a w2 I think and will give you a 1099 instead so you should put that in. 

If I'm wrong please anyone correct me but I had the same FE and I had actually forgot to include a 1099 form. 

Yes im sure that is the logical explanation for why they are insisting on 1099 cause the numbers dont add up. The problem is that my immigration lawyer just keeps  re -submitting the same documents with out trying to find out what the problem is and i have to do all the digging . I dont have access to the tax transcripts and w-2s and wasnt able to download them from ceac account. They are with the lawyer and she is being very responsive. 

Timeline
Just now, Fouz said:

Yes im sure that is the logical explanation for why they are insisting on 1099 cause the numbers dont add up. The problem is that my immigration lawyer just keeps  re -submitting the same documents with out trying to find out what the problem is and i have to do all the digging . I dont have access to the tax transcripts and w-2s and wasnt able to download them from ceac account. They are with the lawyer and she is being very responsive. 

She isnt being reponsive

Document submissions May 17 and received DQ email yesterday, 25 July. 

For anyone worried if adding additional documents resets the clock or puts you back in the queue, it doesn't. I uploaded additional documents last week and all were reviewed and approved. 

Edited by Cody LA

13 minutes ago, Cody LA said:

Document submissions May 17 and received DQ email yesterday, 25 July. 

For anyone worried if adding additional documents resets the clock or puts you back in the queue, it doesn't. I uploaded additional documents last week and all were reviewed and approved. 

Congratulations!!!!

I resubmitted May 11 got email and when I go to CEAC all my documets were accepted. I uploaded an additional document on June 13 and they moved it to required and left my case there with no DQ. I think they manually pushed me back. Idk 🤷‍♂️  what happened exactly, but that's  my only conclusion . The document was repeated,  it wasn't new.

I hope my case gets DQed already

5 minutes ago, 1380anthony said:

Congratulations!!!!

I resubmitted May 11 got email and when I go to CEAC all my documets were accepted. I uploaded an additional document on June 13 and they moved it to required and left my case there with no DQ. I think they manually pushed me back. Idk 🤷‍♂️  what happened exactly, but that's  my only conclusion . The document was repeated,  it wasn't new.

I hope my case gets DQed already

My documents added in after were all repeats too, just better quality as was worried they would get rejected. 

When you check your messages on your Portal, you don't have anything there? 

5 minutes ago, Cody LA said:

My documents added in after were all repeats too, just better quality as was worried they would get rejected. 

When you check your messages on your Portal, you don't have anything there? 

I dod the same, I uploaded a better quality document justbin case. No I don't have DQ messages, just the old RFE from April 27

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Anybody had an experience with an accepted documents but have Case Document Review note. I didn't receive any email/messages regarding DQ but only changes on the application and see that documents are accepted

The U.S. Consulate in Montreal requires that non-Canadian citizens submit proof of eligibility to have their visa interview in Canada. Please submit one of the following: Canadian Legal Permanent Resident cards, landing papers, student visas, or work visas.

1 hour ago, oscarrifici said:

Anybody had an experience with an accepted documents but have Case Document Review note. I didn't receive any email/messages regarding DQ but only changes on the application and see that documents are accepted

The U.S. Consulate in Montreal requires that non-Canadian citizens submit proof of eligibility to have their visa interview in Canada. Please submit one of the following: Canadian Legal Permanent Resident cards, landing papers, student visas, or work visas.

Accepted with no DQ here

5 hours ago, Fouz said:

She isnt being reponsive

With some lawyers I found that you really have to push them to work for you. You hired them to help your case by paying them but in the end if your case gets delayed they’ve got nothing to lose and you have everything to lose. Make a list of things you would like to discuss, number them all, and tell them to respond to each point you raised with a deadline. If they say they want to do it certain way (submitting the same thing again and again), you need to make it clear that you’d like to know their reasons. Do not simply say yes if you don’t understand why they are doing things the way they do. Remember this is what you are paying them for.

Timeline
2 hours ago, chaoticenergy said:

With some lawyers I found that you really have to push them to work for you. You hired them to help your case by paying them but in the end if your case gets delayed they’ve got nothing to lose and you have everything to lose. Make a list of things you would like to discuss, number them all, and tell them to respond to each point you raised with a deadline. If they say they want to do it certain way (submitting the same thing again and again), you need to make it clear that you’d like to know their reasons. Do not simply say yes if you don’t understand why they are doing things the way they do. Remember this is what you are paying them for.

Yes soo true I had to tell her to check if the income adds up to the W-2s. So exhausted of thinking and telling her what to do.

On 7/26/2022 at 8:59 PM, oscarrifici said:

I also got same RFE yesterday (Submission on May 16th) . My wife is in canada on work visa.. we are not sure what to do ? Did you get any answers?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, nathan2021 said:

I also got same RFE yesterday (Submission on May 16th) . My wife is in canada on work visa.. we are not sure what to do ? Did you get any answers?

8 hours ago, Ukk122 said:

Yes I got same RFE as well in June. I submitted work permit and visa stamp passport copy on June 30th still waiting for reply.  Please keep posted if you hear anything in regards to this. 

Should I receive any RFE letter? I only got an email and a message in the inbox (Case Document Review note) 
Submitted our documents May 25th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.