waterlooengineer

May 2022 NVC Submission

187 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, oscarrifici said:

Not sure if it's RFE. Do we get an email if it's RFE?

the message in the Inbox says

The U.S. Consulate in Montreal requires that non-Canadian citizens submit proof of eligibility to have their visa interview in Canada. Please submit one of the following: Canadian Legal Permanent Resident cards, landing papers, student visas, or work visas.

I only received an update email, then Civil Documents and AOS are accepted also.

The update email is the rfe. At NVC stage, it’s actually never called an rfe but a “checklist”, or “case review note”, etc. If you are DQ, you would get an email that you got dq’ed. The time of your submission (May 26) makes it sound like they just reviewed your docs and refused to forward it to your consulate. If you are lucky, they might review your new submission (PR card) right away and I have seen it happen, but more than likely it’s another ~75 days of waiting. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

18 minutes ago, oscarrifici said:

Not sure if it's RFE. Do we get an email if it's RFE?

the message in the Inbox says

The U.S. Consulate in Montreal requires that non-Canadian citizens submit proof of eligibility to have their visa interview in Canada. Please submit one of the following: Canadian Legal Permanent Resident cards, landing papers, student visas, or work visas.

I only received an update email, then Civil Documents and AOS are accepted also.

BTW, are you not originally from Canada but want to have interview in Montreal? Did you specifically request that you wanted to be interviewed in Canada or did they NVC decide on your behalf?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, chaoticenergy said:

The update email is the rfe. At NVC stage, it’s actually never called an rfe but a “checklist”, or “case review note”, etc. If you are DQ, you would get an email that you got dq’ed. The time of your submission (May 26) makes it sound like they just reviewed your docs and refused to forward it to your consulate. If you are lucky, they might review your new submission (PR card) right away and I have seen it happen, but more than likely it’s another ~75 days of waiting. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Hopefully, I'm one of the lucky ones lol.

13 minutes ago, chaoticenergy said:

BTW, are you not originally from Canada but want to have interview in Montreal? Did you specifically request that you wanted to be interviewed in Canada or did they NVC decide on your behalf?

I am not originally from Canada, but have my Canadian PR Card. They specifically assigned me to Montreal.

8 minutes ago, oscarrifici said:

Hopefully, I'm one of the lucky ones lol.

I am not originally from Canada, but have my Canadian PR Card. They specifically assigned me to Montreal.

I wish you luck; I have only seen such cases when they uploaded the news docs within 24 hours so maybe be quick! 

And thanks for the reply. I am worried about NVC wrongly assigning me to the incorrect consulate after review. I recently moved to Canada for a temp job but I am originally from Korea and I would like to be interviewed in Korea. They still asked me to provide a Canadian police certificate despite the fact that I have only been here for a few months (less than 1 month at the time of submission). The case number starts with the correct consulate code (SEO for Seoul), so hopefully they will see that and won’t ask for a Canadian PR or something thereby delaying my case by months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
24 minutes ago, chaoticenergy said:

I wish you luck; I have only seen such cases when they uploaded the news docs within 24 hours so maybe be quick! 

And thanks for the reply. I am worried about NVC wrongly assigning me to the incorrect consulate after review. I recently moved to Canada for a temp job but I am originally from Korea and I would like to be interviewed in Korea. They still asked me to provide a Canadian police certificate despite the fact that I have only been here for a few months (less than 1 month at the time of submission). The case number starts with the correct consulate code (SEO for Seoul), so hopefully they will see that and won’t ask for a Canadian PR or something thereby delaying my case by months.

I submitted the doc in less than 6 hours I think.

Yup. Mine is MTL. I am originally from the Philippines but have been living in Canada for a couple of years already. so it totally makes sense for me to be interviewed in Montreal. I was planning to stay inside US and adjust status but have to go back to Canada for a big job opportunity.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I just got a DQ!! Super surprising because I got an FE case review last week and just submitted the fixes last night. Woke up to a DQ. Crazy! 

Hopefully the other person in a similar situation has the same happen to them.

3 hours ago, indigorunner said:

I just got a DQ!! Super surprising because I got an FE case review last week and just submitted the fixes last night. Woke up to a DQ. Crazy! 

This is good news! Hope this trend continues, but I am not holding my breath.

6 hours ago, indigorunner said:

Nice!😊😊

Im waiting since May 11, only got an email with all documents accepted on July 13. I sent an inquiry to ask them why I haven't been DQ yet. Im getting frustrated 😒.

Edited by 1380anthony

7 hours ago, 1380anthony said:

Nice!😊😊

Im waiting since May 11, only got an email with all documents accepted on July 13. I sent an inquiry to ask them why I haven't been DQ yet. Im getting frustrated 😒.

Okay I am confused. If you got an email stating that all the documents were accepted, aren't you DQ? Does the email not mention your case becoming Documentarily Qualified in the title?

1 hour ago, chaoticenergy said:

Okay I am confused. If you got an email stating that all the documents were accepted, aren't you DQ? Does the email not mention your case becoming Documentarily Qualified in the title?

Yep!! Only one email that my case has been updated and I was so happy, but when I check, I only see that all documents has been accepted including the resubmitted one from RFE, but there is no DQ message. I sent an inquiry to see if it was an error. What is shocking to me is that some re-upload documents and get reviewed immediately. Why will they push me back if that's the case?

13 minutes ago, 1380anthony said:

Yep!! Only one email that my case has been updated and I was so happy, but when I check, I only see that all documents has been accepted including the resubmitted one from RFE, but there is no DQ message. I sent an inquiry to see if it was an error. What is shocking to me is that some re-upload documents and get reviewed immediately. Why will they push me back if that's the case?

Oh wow, well I hope they respond to your inquiry soon. I heard that if you contact a senator or a representative, they can get NVC to respond to your inquiries sooner. Keep us updated how your case turns out.

48 minutes ago, chaoticenergy said:

Oh wow, well I hope they respond to your inquiry soon. I heard that if you contact a senator or a representative, they can get NVC to respond to your inquiries sooner. Keep us updated how your case turns out.

Is it ok to send my case number to the senator or congressman 🤔

submitted my documents on May 26 and today received a RFE. :(

I am the petitioner and did not submit my divorce decree. I was not asked for these documents so not sure if its my fault or not. I suggest anyone reading to submit all documents you can think of. I hope responding on the same day to the RFE will help me avoid waiting the full 75 days or so. 

Any updates I will make sure to let you guys know. Good luck everyone.

1 hour ago, serio562 said:

I am the petitioner and did not submit my divorce decree. I was not asked for these documents so not sure if its my fault or not. I suggest anyone reading to submit all documents you can think of.

The Department of State website details the required civil documents here -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

Under the section for "Petitioner Documents", the page specifies -- "If you are applying for an IR1, CR1, or F2A visa as the spouse of a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident and your petitioning spouse was previously married:  You must obtain evidence of the termination of EVERY prior marriage your petitioning spouse has had. This evidence must be an original or certified copy of one of the following documents:  FINAL legal divorce decree, death certificate, or annulment papers."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.