Don0

Photo evidence start when?

21 posts in this topic

Hi! I have read some forums here stating that the photos we provide as proof can just be from the time I entered the US or time since issuing the green card (for those who has adjustment of status). And I find that very reasonable since we already submitted photos in our petition for my CR1 visa

But then the instructions on the I 751 says "..circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date" 

I came in here just a month short of our marriage entering 2 years and I would have been IR1 but I was forced to come early because of my medical expiry (long story). Anyways, it would be 4 years of pictures if this would be the case. I would be glad if anyone has been approved and only showed photos from the time of entry or granting of conditional green card? That would be 2 years less photos.

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Well, my I-751 is pending and I came here on an F1. Regardless, I followed the instructions to the T and provided evidence from the start of our marriage until the moment of filing. Granted, they already had some of that evidence from our AOS, but I just thought it wouldn’t hurt. So I think I included some wedding pictures (which they already have). But just remember: pictures are not the main evidence. I must have sent 10 pictures covering the two years.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

6 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

Well, my I-751 is pending and I came here on an F1. Regardless, I followed the instructions to the T and provided evidence from the start of our marriage until the moment of filing. Granted, they already had some of that evidence from our AOS, but I just thought it wouldn’t hurt. So I think I included some wedding pictures (which they already have). But just remember: pictures are not the main evidence. I must have sent 10 pictures covering the two years.

Ohh 10 pictures only? I see yt videos almost sending an album. Lol! Thanks for the reply!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
8 hours ago, Don0 said:

Ohh 10 pictures only? I see yt videos almost sending an album. Lol! Thanks for the reply!

No need to send almost an album. Pictures are considered secondary evidence and in fact, people have been approved without any pictures. They mostly want to see comingling of finances

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

For pictures it is really a judgment call. I sent around 10 photos, starting around when the AOS was approved (so I did not send any that were already sent). However, most of the other evidence such as proof of financial co-mingling went back to the date of marriage.

I look at it this way - if you have a ton of primary evidence like joint accounts, jointly-owned property, beneficiary designations, etc. then just send a small selection of photos. However, if you feel like your evidence is a little weak in any particular area, you can beef up some of the secondary evidence to bolster your package. I don't think a full photo album is necessary in any case though 😄

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

1 hour ago, Rocio0010 said:

No need to send almost an album. Pictures are considered secondary evidence and in fact, people have been approved without any pictures. They mostly want to see comingling of finances

Okay. Thanks!

1 minute ago, beloved_dingo said:

For pictures it is really a judgment call. I sent around 10 photos, starting around when the AOS was approved (so I did not send any that were already sent). However, most of the other evidence such as proof of financial co-mingling went back to the date of marriage.

I look at it this way - if you have a ton of primary evidence like joint accounts, jointly-owned property, beneficiary designations, etc. then just send a small selection of photos. However, if you feel like your evidence is a little weak in any particular area, you can beef up some of the secondary evidence to bolster your package. I don't think a full photo album is necessary in any case though 😄

Thank you! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I have sent photos since the day I entered in US. Random collection of photos with family trips, trip to Canada, local trips is US, photos of any party-functions attended. Quantity is depends on you. Do not send bulk of photos. 

As mentioned inn early replies, its secondary. Main requirements are important - Tax transcript, leases (if you rent), Car registrations/Lease/Loan, Joint Bank Statements (Random throughout since A/C opened), Credit Cards etc. Don't forget to send copy of  Green Card and A page including list of documents attached.  

I am just waiting for my interview. NO RFE

Edited by M@K12

7 minutes ago, M@K12 said:

I have sent photos since the day I entered in US. Random collection of photos with family trips, trip to Canada, local trips is US, photos of any party-functions attended. Quantity is depends on you. Do not send bulk of photos. 

As mentioned inn early replies, its secondary. Main requirements are important - Tax transcript, leases (if you rent), Car registrations/Lease/Loan, Joint Bank Statements (Random throughout since A/C opened), Credit Cards etc. Don't forget to send copy of  Green Card and A page including list of documents attached.  

I am just waiting for my interview. NO RFE

Are you on CR1 then? I see peolle sending joint accounts since the time they were married but how could I do that if I was in another country! Lol 

Anyways, thank you for this! 

Timeline
Just now, Don0 said:

Are you on CR1 then? I see peolle sending joint accounts since the time they were married but how could I do that if I was in another country! Lol 

Yes, I am on CR-1.  Me and my wife had joint account for 6 months when I entered USA. Then due to somebody checked out account and invaded privacy (community member who worked for that bank). 

Then we had separate account  in different bank until We opened joint account just 1 week before applying I-751. I had just bank letter. However, I have included all bank statements even for separate account. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Don0 said:

I came on a CR1 and we didn’t get joint accounts until we had been married for like 3 years, so I sent monthly bank statements from the time the accounts were opened, a screenshot showing when the accounts where opened and a letter explaining why we didn’t get joint accounts sooner.  As for the pictures, I also sent pictures from the time we got married, but I only sent like 10 total. 

25 minutes ago, M@K12 said:

Yes, I am on CR-1.  Me and my wife had joint account for 6 months when I entered USA. Then due to somebody checked out account and invaded privacy (community member who worked for that bank). 

Then we had separate account  in different bank until We opened joint account just 1 week before applying I-751. I had just bank letter. However, I have included all bank statements even for separate account. 

Oh! At least you didn't get an RFE! What other evidence did you send?

23 minutes ago, Iscir said:

I came on a CR1 and we didn’t get joint accounts until we had been married for like 3 years, so I sent monthly bank statements from the time the accounts were opened, a screenshot showing when the accounts where opened and a letter explaining why we didn’t get joint accounts sooner.  As for the pictures, I also sent pictures from the time we got married, but I only sent like 10 total. 

I was also planning to add a letter expelaining why we opened a joint account after a few months after entering (my ssn arrive soooo late. Pandemic problems). So you mean 10 total from the time of marriage to when you entered or for everything?

I did not send any pictures with my ROC application. ROC is really about an ongoing marital union and financial comingling. Pictures are not the strongest evidence. I did send proof of financial comingling going back to the start of our marriage.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Don0 said:

I was also planning to add a letter expelaining why we opened a joint account after a few months after entering (my ssn arrive soooo late. Pandemic problems). So you mean 10 total from the time of marriage to when you entered or for everything?

Yes I had the same issue with my ssn, and then we moved so we didn’t open accounts until I had been in the US for almost a year.
I sent about 10 pictures starting with a wedding photo, until the most recent photo from a trip we had before sending my application. 
I also added different documents showing we were living together (we didn’t have a lease with both of our names so I had to be creative), plus life/health insurance, passport stamps and travel itineraries from the date we married until our most recent trip plus itineraries we had for future trips. 

Timeline

1 hour ago, Don0 said:

Oh! At least you didn't get an RFE! What other evidence did you send?

Copy of Greencard both side

Copy of WIfe's US Passport

2 years Tax transcript - Joint Filed

Health/Car insurance card copies, Car Registration, Car Purchase receipt,

Haven't had name on lease until I moved to Texas - so 2 months old lease at a time of application,

Old Driving Licenses of both me and my wife with Same address, 

Credit cards copies of both (hiding all numbers except last 4  and CVV) where my name was not on CC statements, 

Couple of photos from each trip/function attended - 15-20 max

Random Bank/Credit Card statements 3-4 per year different months - added those months when we went on trips

Authorized Beneficiary page of My 401K and my wife's 401K where we have listed each other

My understanding is you won't need too much/ bulk of documents.  Don't worry about quantity. what you need is whatever you have make the most of it. As long as Financial Docs are good. You won't have any issues. 

Edited by M@K12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.