JojoandTomas

MAY 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

160 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Bahrainexpat said:

It's provided above. My case went 'In Transit' on 30-June, so just waiting on my embassy now as it has been closed the last few days due to the Eid Muslim holiday. We've drafted our I-134 with all requisite evidence along with the DS-160 with assistance of my immigration attorney.

hi @Bahrainexpat, what are the evidence you have included for i-134? i just started drafting mine and curious what others are doing, thanks

44 minutes ago, 4thntr said:

hi @Bahrainexpat, what are the evidence you have included for i-134? i just started drafting mine and curious what others are doing, thanks

A signed letter from my employer on company letterhead indicating my salary, status of my job(temp or permanent), and hire date. I also included IRS tax return transcripts for previous 3 years, pay stubs for previous 6 months and any bank/investment statements to substantiate my assets if I listed them. This is what my attorney requested. Whether that is overkill or inadequate, not sure yet as we haven't gotten to interview stage yet. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, Bahrainexpat said:

A signed letter from my employer on company letterhead indicating my salary, status of my job(temp or permanent), and hire date. I also included IRS tax return transcripts for previous 3 years, pay stubs for previous 6 months and any bank/investment statements to substantiate my assets if I listed them. This is what my attorney requested. Whether that is overkill or inadequate, not sure yet as we haven't gotten to interview stage yet. 

hi @Bahrainexpat, thank you for the information.

can you tell, how you filled Beneficiary's Income and Beneficiary's Assets questions. i read other posts it’s ok to put $0 for fiancée. also part 3, question 15, how to fill Income Contribution to the Beneficiary Annually. these questions don’t make complete sense for fiancée, but i’m afraid to make mistake.

thank you 

Edited by 4thntr

3 hours ago, 4thntr said:

hi @Bahrainexpat, thank you for the information.

can you tell, how you filled Beneficiary's Income and Beneficiary's Assets questions. i read other posts it’s ok to put $0 for fiancée. also part 3, question 15, how to fill Income Contribution to the Beneficiary Annually. these questions don’t make complete sense for fiancée, but i’m afraid to make mistake.

thank you 

If you are filling out the I-134 and are not the beneficiary, you don't need to identify Beneficiary's assets or income as they are not the one to be supporting themselves, so $0 for both on part 2 line 17 and 22 is correct. You are the one to be financially supporting them(or joint sponsor) until and if they start to work upon employment authorization. As for Part 3, question 15, I entered my salary income that matched my signed salary letter from my employer. I understand the wording on it is confusing. But it's just asking what your income is. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Bahrainexpat said:

If you are filling out the I-134 and are not the beneficiary, you don't need to identify Beneficiary's assets or income as they are not the one to be supporting themselves, so $0 for both on part 2 line 17 and 22 is correct. You are the one to be financially supporting them(or joint sponsor) until and if they start to work upon employment authorization. As for Part 3, question 15, I entered my salary income that matched my signed salary letter from my employer. I understand the wording on it is confusing. But it's just asking what your income is. 

ok, thank you very much @Bahrainexpat. :)

On 7/12/2022 at 5:24 AM, Icecreamcastles said:

You can contact NVC with your USCIS number through their Public Inquiry Form at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry though the response time is about 2 months.

The expedite e-mail is:  NVCExpedite@state.gov

Our NOA2 was May 12 and we haven't heard anything either.

Thank you! We also wrote an email to the expedite email, but we didnt get our case ID on their response. Their response email just requested for our expedite reason, our birthdays... May I ask how you asked for the Case ID in your email? Will we get our case ID by email them our birthdays ? ;-;

On 7/12/2022 at 5:24 AM, Icecreamcastles said:

You can contact NVC with your USCIS number through their Public Inquiry Form at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry though the response time is about 2 months.

The expedite e-mail is:  NVCExpedite@state.gov

Our NOA2 was May 12 and we haven't heard anything either.

Thank you!@Icecreamcastles  We also wrote an email to the expedite email, but we didnt get our case ID on their response. Their response email just requested for our expedite reason, our birthdays... May I ask how you asked for the Case ID in your email? Will we get our case ID by email them our birthdays ? ;-;

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, bbthecorgi said:

Thank you!@Icecreamcastles  We also wrote an email to the expedite email, but we didnt get our case ID on their response. Their response email just requested for our expedite reason, our birthdays... May I ask how you asked for the Case ID in your email? Will we get our case ID by email them our birthdays ? ;-;

Hi! I don't have a good answer to your question. They just sent us our case number when we emailed requesting an expedite (which was denied), though it seems you don't need to have one to expedite.  You may or may not get your case number if you follow through with the process.  Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, danli said:

After 50 days of waiting, we finally got our case number from NVC

Congrats!  

To all other China consulate watchers @danli@Xiaova@DSBeijing@Jimm95CHT

We were able to schedule the interview yesterday and I updated my timeline.  We took a week filling out packet 3, which was our fault, but when we returned it, we got it back almost immediately.  The Chinese consulate is very quick.  We tried to make an appointment, but there were not appointments available.  So we checked several times each day and after two days, we were able to book an appointment one month out.

This whole process, everything in the USA is slow and taken much longer than estimates.  Everything in China is quick and happening quicker than estimates.   We're finishing strong.  It feels good!  I thought for sure all this would drag out to thanksgiving or Christmas.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
15 minutes ago, danli said:

Hi, just a quick question, do you know how long it will take for the case status from "at NVC" to "in transit"?  @Merica-n

So I'm not sure what you mean.  I just know it took about 10 days from when we got the email from nvc that they were sending it to the consulate to getting packet 3, ymmv obviously.

And just before we went to the ceac website and it said refused, and my fiancée read on Xiao hong shu that if it says refused that means you will get your packet soon and that was true.

Edited by Merica-n

2 hours ago, Merica-n said:

So I'm not sure what you mean.  I just know it took about 10 days from when we got the email from nvc that they were sending it to the consulate to getting packet 3, ymmv obviously.

And just before we went to the ceac website and it said refused, and my fiancée read on Xiao hong shu that if it says refused that means you will get your packet soon and that was true.

Because when I check my case on ceac website, it says "at NVC", I thought it would be like "at NVC" - "in transit" - "ready" - "refused", that's why I was asking if you know the timeframe for it. I guess I should just wait for it to update patiently.

Thanks and good luck on your interview!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.