podeena

IR1 at ISL Waiting for IL 2022

1,604 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Rabia176 said:

Hey guys does anyone know how long it takes for 221g to process ?

I been married for 4 years and still waiting for my husband’s visa. 

Usually 221g is administrative processing then it can take any where from few days to few months. It just means the officer didn't had enough information to approve visa then and there. He or she still require more information. Hopefully it won't be long. All the best. 

Edited by Capital Z
Correcting Information

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-08-24

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-02

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-03

NVC Received : 2015-03-28

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Send AOS Package : 2015-06-04

Submit DS-261 : 2015-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2015-07-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-07-05

Send IV Package : 2015-07-24

Checklist : 2015-10-06

Case Completed : 2015-11-11

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2016.01.21

Timeline
2 hours ago, Capital Z said:

You don't need to upload any thing just take every thing to the interview. That's what I did. 

Ok thank u so much! I been so stressed over this haha also did you have a new passport too? Basits expired so he has a new passport and was saying we needed to unlock the ds260 but that doesn't sound right... My lawyer said they'll just take his new passport at the interview and there's no need to unlock the ds260

Timeline
12 hours ago, Tojoclan2021 said:

Congratulations!! I am happy for both of you. Wow!! What was your DQ date? Best of luck with the interview

Our DQ was August 17 2022

Timeline
2 hours ago, BasitFionaAli said:

Ok thank u so much! I been so stressed over this haha also did you have a new passport too? Basits expired so he has a new passport and was saying we needed to unlock the ds260 but that doesn't sound right... My lawyer said they'll just take his new passport at the interview and there's no need to unlock the ds260

I am a US citizen my wife went through interview this Jan 2024 and regarding new passport he can give it to the officer after the Interview and tell him his old passport expired and this is the renew one no big deal. All the best

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-08-24

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-02

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-03

NVC Received : 2015-03-28

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Send AOS Package : 2015-06-04

Submit DS-261 : 2015-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2015-07-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-07-05

Send IV Package : 2015-07-24

Checklist : 2015-10-06

Case Completed : 2015-11-11

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2016.01.21

Ok thank you.

I was missing tax transcripts but it has been almost 3 months they haven’t reviewed my documents and our case was last updated February 14 still shows refused but they still have kept the passport at that time they said to just upload the documents online and as soon as you get that done will give you visa. 

Am just disappointed by the long wait time not sure how long it would take.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Rabia176 said:

Ok thank you.

I was missing tax transcripts but it has been almost 3 months they haven’t reviewed my documents and our case was last updated February 14 still shows refused but they still have kept the passport at that time they said to just upload the documents online and as soon as you get that done will give you visa. 

You didn't bring new tax transcripts to the interview?

Timeline
18 hours ago, BasitFionaAli said:

Everyone is saying to upload new documents on CEAC but NVC didn't ask for anything new and my lawyer says do not do this just bring new documents and passport to interview. Anyone do what my lawyer said and was fine?

Yes my advice is upload Updated AOF with new info about jobs,last three years tax info and also upload recent tax return, and also bring copies to interview it save time and especially if candidate is male ISl embassy just give hard time and put u in 221 g for no reason saying to upload so it can help you but it's up to you we uploaded all new info. Good luck.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Rabia176 said:

Ok thank you.

They take time for no reason ,it can take sometime few months or so but eventually they will issue.Good luck 

Timeline
10 hours ago, podeena said:

Yes my advice is upload Updated AOF with new info about jobs,last three years tax info and also upload recent tax return, and also bring copies to interview it save time and especially if candidate is male ISl embassy just give hard time and put u in 221 g for no reason saying to upload so it can help you but it's up to you we uploaded all new info. Good luck.

Hmm this makes me nervous cause my lawyer won't do it and I'm scared to do it by myself 😕

Timeline
2 hours ago, BasitFionaAli said:

Hmm this makes me nervous cause my lawyer won't do it and I'm scared to do it by myself 😕

Don't worry then just take copies of all updated documents to interview and hope for the best. Your lawyer should upload at least updated AOS our lawyer did that bcuz waiting for 4 years things get changed. Good luck all the best.🙏

Timeline
4 minutes ago, podeena said:

Don't worry then just take copies of all updated documents to interview and hope for the best. Your lawyer should upload at least updated AOS our lawyer did that bcuz waiting for 4 years things get changed. Good luck all the best.🙏

Do you need to upload new AOS if you kept the same job? I've worked at my job for five years now

Timeline
3 hours ago, BasitFionaAli said:

Do you need to upload new AOS if you kept the same job? I've worked at my job for five years now

Yes it's good to update last three years income and tax return we did that but if  u can just fill and take the copies that's good too there's a YouTube channel of Remsha from Karachi to Michigan watch her video very helpful for preparation for interview we did.

Timeline
2 hours ago, podeena said:

Yes it's good to update last three years income and tax return we did that but if  u can just fill and take the copies that's good too there's a YouTube channel of Remsha from Karachi to Michigan watch her video very helpful for preparation for interview we did.

Do I have to ask NVC to unlock our ds260 to update Basits new passport? Or can we just upload a pic of his new passport under civil documents? Everyone keeps telling me do this do that or don't do this and I'm so confused lol

Timeline
19 hours ago, podeena said:

Is this all I need to update? Just new AOS and tax returns? Or is there anything else you uploaded? I think I figured out how to do it I uploaded new tax transcripts and AOS 

Timeline
9 hours ago, BasitFionaAli said:

Do I have to ask NVC to unlock our ds260 to update Basits new passport? Or can we just upload a pic of his new passport under civil documents? Everyone keeps telling me do this do that or don't do this and I'm so confused lol

Just upload a copy of new passport and take new passport and old to interview just in case and give the new one and put the new ones # everyplace from now on  and don't open ds260 it's going to mess up. It's done there.🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.