podeena

IR1 at ISL Waiting for IL 2022

1,592 posts in this topic

On 12/12/2023 at 3:10 PM, Machinecorpse62 said:

yes update everything both. joint sponsor and yours and your husand needs the birth certificate. and yes they will look at the latest one

Hello, my wife received her Interview Letter for Jan 16th, 2024 on Dec 12th, 2023.

We were waiting since April 2022... Medical was schedule on the 26th of Dec for now... I am updating this because Machinecorpose politely asked for those who got their updates to post here to help others with an idea of timeline for interview dates. Only thing I am doing additional is I had a baby in Pakistan and she will need to bring the childs orignial birth certificate and a copy, not going to bother with Police Certificate and other docs that are "NOT A REQUIREMENT". 

Things I have done already 3 months ago

• Updated Tax Returns and Transcipts along with latest Affadavit of Support form I-864 was filled out.
  • Pay Stubs
  • Driver License and Car insurance for proof of domicile
  • She got her Polio Vaccine and Covid Vaccine Certificate "No Booster Shots"
  • The child will already have a US passport so will be asking her to get a NICOP for the kid and updated FRC with the kids name on it.

If you all think I am missing anything of significance, feel free to let me know.

Best of luck to all of us who have been patiently waiting.

On 12/14/2023 at 3:36 PM, podeena said:

Yes he needs tax return for 2023  bcuz technically you can file in February if IL come in Feb then interview will be in March so for safe sides try to do ASAP when you get your info about taxes and able to file please after all that waiting don't give them any excuse to delay.🤞

10 hours ago, gulkhan said:

Hopefully he will get his interview letter in January for interview in Feb. our DQ is May 2022

Hey Gul Khan, this is not necessarily true, since a deadline to file taxes every year is sometime in Mid April... My friend who did not file his 2022 or 2021 tax returns and had an extension from the IRS and infact he even owed money to them. He was still able to get his wifes interview done without any issues. 

The main thing is that you husband files an extension if he does not plan on filing his taxes. A W2 form should suffice in the mean time since it reports what he earned over the course of the year. 

I recommend getting things done, unlike my friend who did not but he did not have any issues because of the IRS extension to file those tax returns.

Timeline
1 hour ago, mohammad02 said:

Hello, my wife received her Interview Letter for Jan 16th, 2024 on Dec 12th, 2023.

We were waiting since April 2022... Medical was schedule on the 26th of Dec for now... I am updating this because Machinecorpose politely asked for those who got their updates to post here to help others with an idea of timeline for interview dates. Only thing I am doing additional is I had a baby in Pakistan and she will need to bring the childs orignial birth certificate and a copy, not going to bother with Police Certificate and other docs that are "NOT A REQUIREMENT". 

Things I have done already 3 months ago

• Updated Tax Returns and Transcipts along with latest Affadavit of Support form I-864 was filled out.
  • Pay Stubs
  • Driver License and Car insurance for proof of domicile
  • She got her Polio Vaccine and Covid Vaccine Certificate "No Booster Shots"
  • The child will already have a US passport so will be asking her to get a NICOP for the kid and updated FRC with the kids name on it.

If you all think I am missing anything of significance, feel free to let me know.

Best of luck to all of us who have been patiently waiting.

Child birth certificate & FRC or passport or any documents related to the child, you must bring to the interview bcz it is more genuine evidence of your bonafide marriage.

If you visited pakistan, I suggest make a photocopy of your passport front page & than all the stamps pages showing what day you entered pakistan & left.

otherwise all documents you uploaded are more than enough!

Best of Luck!

• Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Marriage: 03-01-2014

I-130 Sent : 04-21-2014 I-130 Received at USCIS : 04-23-2014 I-130 NOA1 (Hardcopy) : 04-27-2014 (Waiting Period Started) :clock: I-130 NOA2 (Hardcopy) : 09-12-2014 :wow: Case sent to NVC by USCIS : 09-23-2014 NVC Case Received : 10-07-2014 Case Number Received : 10-27-2014 :idea: Completed DS-261,Paid AOS Fee : 11-05-2014 AOS Fee Showing Paid : 11-08-2014 IV Fee Generated and Paid : 11-11-2014 IV Fee showing Paid : 11-14-2014 Completed DS-260 : 11-15-2014 (Searching for Joint Sponsor) :clock: AOS & IV Package sent : 01-20-2015 NVC Received AOS and IV Packages : 01-22-2015 (60 Days waiting period starts) Case sent for supervisor review : 04-03-2015 (Due to no response till 70 days) Case Completed at NVC: 04-09-2015 :dancing: (After only 7 days in supervisor review) Interview Scheduled: 04-28-2015 (Confirmed by Phone call to NVC) (P4) Interview Letter : 04-29-2015 Status showed "In Transit" : 05-13-2015 Status showed "Ready" : 05-14-2015 Medical : 05-20-2015 (Alhamdulilah Went well) Interview: 06-09-2015 (Alhamdulilah Approved) worldwide Technical problem in visa printing : 06-09-2015 Visa Issued : 07-01-2015 :energy:(Alhamdulilah) Visa in Hand : 07-04-2015 (Islamabad Amex)(Alhamdulilah) POE at Chicago : 07-23-2015

On 12/15/2023 at 4:53 PM, Shabaz said:

Child birth certificate & FRC or passport or any documents related to the child, you must bring to the interview bcz it is more genuine evidence of your bonafide marriage.

If you visited pakistan, I suggest make a photocopy of your passport front page & than all the stamps pages showing what day you entered pakistan & left.

otherwise all documents you uploaded are more than enough!

Best of Luck!

Hey Shabaz, we intend to bring the childs birth certificate and updated FRC with the childs name on it along with his US Passport as well. I was also thinking about scanning my passport pages.. I think 6 times going to Pakistan in 3 years and spending 6 months alone this year should suffice as proof. I just got back to the states last week... and literally 4 days later she get an interview letter. Going to head back whenever she gets her passport to scoop them up and bring them here.. inshallah!

Edited by mohammad02

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Arked7 said:

My wife is changing house, do I have to do anything? When the time comes I’ll upload her latest NADRA card that will have the new address. 

But like application wise like resubmit a new form or anything. 

If your wife is beneficiary then when time comes for interview then you update your certain documents then u can change in AOS the address or phone number if in Updated AOS.if someone knows differently please share. Thx

Timeline

Both Parents picked up there Visas Alhumdulilah!

It was a long journey but GOD Alhumdulilah made it easier!

• Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Marriage: 03-01-2014

I-130 Sent : 04-21-2014 I-130 Received at USCIS : 04-23-2014 I-130 NOA1 (Hardcopy) : 04-27-2014 (Waiting Period Started) :clock: I-130 NOA2 (Hardcopy) : 09-12-2014 :wow: Case sent to NVC by USCIS : 09-23-2014 NVC Case Received : 10-07-2014 Case Number Received : 10-27-2014 :idea: Completed DS-261,Paid AOS Fee : 11-05-2014 AOS Fee Showing Paid : 11-08-2014 IV Fee Generated and Paid : 11-11-2014 IV Fee showing Paid : 11-14-2014 Completed DS-260 : 11-15-2014 (Searching for Joint Sponsor) :clock: AOS & IV Package sent : 01-20-2015 NVC Received AOS and IV Packages : 01-22-2015 (60 Days waiting period starts) Case sent for supervisor review : 04-03-2015 (Due to no response till 70 days) Case Completed at NVC: 04-09-2015 :dancing: (After only 7 days in supervisor review) Interview Scheduled: 04-28-2015 (Confirmed by Phone call to NVC) (P4) Interview Letter : 04-29-2015 Status showed "In Transit" : 05-13-2015 Status showed "Ready" : 05-14-2015 Medical : 05-20-2015 (Alhamdulilah Went well) Interview: 06-09-2015 (Alhamdulilah Approved) worldwide Technical problem in visa printing : 06-09-2015 Visa Issued : 07-01-2015 :energy:(Alhamdulilah) Visa in Hand : 07-04-2015 (Islamabad Amex)(Alhamdulilah) POE at Chicago : 07-23-2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Shabaz said:

Both Parents picked up there Visas Alhumdulilah!

It was a long journey but GOD Alhumdulilah made it easier!

Happy for you enjoy your time with your parents it's a precious time of the world.🙏

My husband's been to Dubai for work and our interview is on January 3.

I updated the latest tax return information and still in process of submitting updated AOS application which also even expires on December 31 2023. He had two passports and he traveled to Dubai on the old passport and I put in the DS 260 the recent passport info so it's still stressing me out. On the Ceac website when you submit documents it says uploaded does it update or says accepted after a week or two? Like the rest of the documents has like a check mark and says accepted.

Things we got ready for January 3rd

*He already got his medical done 

*Has police reports from Pakistan and  Dubai 

*my travel reservations 

*our pictures together 

*6 passport size photos 

* covid/polio vaccine cards

* 3 types marriage certificates 

* birth certificate for both of us 

* Ds 260 confirmation 

* dubai visa cancellation 

Off topic post removed. This thread is intended to focus on IL updates for Islamabad consulate and interview related questions (as posted on page 1). For any questions deviating from that, please start a thread in an appropriate forum.

VJ Moderation 

Edited by powerpuff

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.