podeena

IR1 at ISL Waiting for IL 2022

1,592 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kuchiki said:

Did your previous marriage take place in Pakistan and is it registered with NADRA? If not, then you do not need divorce certificate from Pakistan. US divorce certificate is all you need.

It took place in Pakistan but was never registered with nadra back then it was only Urdu nikah nama and English translation 

Timeline
4 hours ago, gulkhan said:

It took place in Pakistan but was never registered with nadra back then it was only Urdu nikah nama and English translation 

If anyone knows the answer to this situation please share here thx 

15 hours ago, Kuchiki said:

Did your previous marriage take place in Pakistan and is it registered with NADRA? If not, then you do not need divorce certificate from Pakistan. US divorce certificate is all you need.

I'm in this boat. I was married 2015 in Lahore to my Canadian ex-wife and it was registered in Nadra (I'm American, we were both there studying).

I was in America when we divorced in 2021, and she was in Canada (had divorce in Nevada, also her case was rescinded and she never came here).

When I went to Pakistan to marry my (current) wife, I had my divorce decree stamped from the Los Angeles embassy. The nikkah haan used my divorce decree as a basis to put my marital status as divorced in my new nikkah nama.

What would the situation for myself be? Do I need a divorce from Pakistan even though me and and my ex-wife were never in Pakistan when we got divorced? My Nadra certificate shows my marital status as divorced. Will the embassy care?

Timeline
1 hour ago, void04 said:

I'm in this boat. I was married 2015 in Lahore to my Canadian ex-wife and it was registered in Nadra (I'm American, we were both there studying).

I was in America when we divorced in 2021, and she was in Canada (had divorce in Nevada, also her case was rescinded and she never came here).

When I went to Pakistan to marry my (current) wife, I had my divorce decree stamped from the Los Angeles embassy. The nikkah haan used my divorce decree as a basis to put my marital status as divorced in my new nikkah nama.

What would the situation for myself be? Do I need a divorce from Pakistan even though me and and my ex-wife were never in Pakistan when we got divorced? My Nadra certificate shows my marital status as divorced. Will the embassy care?

Same they used my divorce decree as proof and change my status on my nadra marriage certificate. I only have marriage certificate from nadra and wondering if I need anything else.  

Timeline
6 hours ago, void04 said:

5 hours ago, gulkhan said:

Same they used my divorce decree as proof and change my status on my nadra marriage certificate. I only have marriage certificate from nadra and wondering if I need anything else.  

6 hours ago, void04 said:

The Marriage System in Pakistan is different than Europe & US.

If you guys are married previously in pakistan and the marriage is registered no matter it is Urdu nikah nama only or nadra because all past urdu nikah namas were transferred to Nadra when this system was introduced.

The thing is that if you married in other than US, your marriage is registered in both country like US & Pakistan so in short you should apply for divorce in both country, the exception in Pakistan you are allowed to do second marriage (because our religion allows multiple marriages at same time) while you are not officially divorced in nadra system from previous marriage.

If yours interview are near I suggest you to start divorce process in your relevant Municipal Committee,The process takes 90 - 120 days to be completed, I know you have less days until your interview but at least your process is already started.

No need to Worry, At the time of your interview just explain your situation to CO if they specifically asked about it, otherwise Your US decree is enough to prove that you guys were divorced, Thanks

Edited by Shabaz
  • Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Marriage: 03-01-2014

I-130 Sent : 04-21-2014 I-130 Received at USCIS : 04-23-2014 I-130 NOA1 (Hardcopy) : 04-27-2014 (Waiting Period Started) :clock: I-130 NOA2 (Hardcopy) : 09-12-2014 :wow: Case sent to NVC by USCIS : 09-23-2014 NVC Case Received : 10-07-2014 Case Number Received : 10-27-2014 :idea: Completed DS-261,Paid AOS Fee : 11-05-2014 AOS Fee Showing Paid : 11-08-2014 IV Fee Generated and Paid : 11-11-2014 IV Fee showing Paid : 11-14-2014 Completed DS-260 : 11-15-2014 (Searching for Joint Sponsor) :clock: AOS & IV Package sent : 01-20-2015 NVC Received AOS and IV Packages : 01-22-2015 (60 Days waiting period starts) Case sent for supervisor review : 04-03-2015 (Due to no response till 70 days) Case Completed at NVC: 04-09-2015 :dancing: (After only 7 days in supervisor review) Interview Scheduled: 04-28-2015 (Confirmed by Phone call to NVC) (P4) Interview Letter : 04-29-2015 Status showed "In Transit" : 05-13-2015 Status showed "Ready" : 05-14-2015 Medical : 05-20-2015 (Alhamdulilah Went well) Interview: 06-09-2015 (Alhamdulilah Approved) worldwide Technical problem in visa printing : 06-09-2015 Visa Issued : 07-01-2015 :energy:(Alhamdulilah) Visa in Hand : 07-04-2015 (Islamabad Amex)(Alhamdulilah) POE at Chicago : 07-23-2015

Timeline
2 hours ago, Machinecorpse62 said:

@podeenaand @VisaNoobplease check your message I have some questions for you guys and would like to keep it private for now 

@VisaNoobplease check his message and reply I can't find message on my site.

Timeline
2 hours ago, gr8life said:

For “Step 1: Register Online and Select a Document Pick-up Location”

There is no option for CR1/CR2 when selecting the visa type on the ustraveldocs website. Has anyone else experienced this/have any advise?

@gr8life it's not in the first step, it's at the end, see attached screenshot:

image.png.b2a51c757f5954db20406c3d3c8d6470.png

48 minutes ago, podeena said:

@VisaNoobplease check his message and reply I can't find message on my site.

if you're on desktop it's on the top right part of the page, where your profile is shaped like a letterimage.png.0a03a65e1cf02dcff71870eeb40b4b9d.png

Edited by VisaNoob

1 hour ago, Shabaz said:

The Marriage System in Pakistan is different than Europe & US.

If you guys are married previously in pakistan and the marriage is registered no matter it is Urdu nikah nama only or nadra because all past urdu nikah namas were transferred to Nadra when this system was introduced.

The thing is that if you married in other than US, your marriage is registered in both country like US & Pakistan so in short you should apply for divorce in both country, the exception in Pakistan you are allowed to do second marriage (because our religion allows multiple marriages at same time) while you are not officially divorced in nadra system from previous marriage.

If yours interview are near I suggest you to start divorce process in your relevant Municipal Committee,The process takes 90 - 120 days to be completed, I know you have less days until your interview but at least your process is already started.

No need to Worry, At the time of your interview just explain your situation to CO if they specifically asked about it, otherwise Your US decree is enough to prove that you guys were divorced, Thanks

I very much appreciate your insight! Point taken! Unfortunately, I'm  currently unable to go because of work, but maybe I can arrange something from here.

Out of curiosity, for @gulkhan and myself, does anyone know of anybody who was first married in Pakistan then divorced in the US and then remarried again in Pakistan who brought their wife to the States? Sorry, totally don't mean to hijack this thread but this situation could potentially prove detrimental

Timeline
On 11/7/2023 at 3:40 PM, Machinecorpse62 said:

7:30 am in the morning is her interview 

Hello, I need some help regarding Covid Vaccine, like in Pakistan they usually do Sinopharm Vaccines, My Mother has 2 Sinopharm Doses & one Pfizer booster shot, What type of Covid Vaccines your wife had before going to interview.

• Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Marriage: 03-01-2014

I-130 Sent : 04-21-2014 I-130 Received at USCIS : 04-23-2014 I-130 NOA1 (Hardcopy) : 04-27-2014 (Waiting Period Started) :clock: I-130 NOA2 (Hardcopy) : 09-12-2014 :wow: Case sent to NVC by USCIS : 09-23-2014 NVC Case Received : 10-07-2014 Case Number Received : 10-27-2014 :idea: Completed DS-261,Paid AOS Fee : 11-05-2014 AOS Fee Showing Paid : 11-08-2014 IV Fee Generated and Paid : 11-11-2014 IV Fee showing Paid : 11-14-2014 Completed DS-260 : 11-15-2014 (Searching for Joint Sponsor) :clock: AOS & IV Package sent : 01-20-2015 NVC Received AOS and IV Packages : 01-22-2015 (60 Days waiting period starts) Case sent for supervisor review : 04-03-2015 (Due to no response till 70 days) Case Completed at NVC: 04-09-2015 :dancing: (After only 7 days in supervisor review) Interview Scheduled: 04-28-2015 (Confirmed by Phone call to NVC) (P4) Interview Letter : 04-29-2015 Status showed "In Transit" : 05-13-2015 Status showed "Ready" : 05-14-2015 Medical : 05-20-2015 (Alhamdulilah Went well) Interview: 06-09-2015 (Alhamdulilah Approved) worldwide Technical problem in visa printing : 06-09-2015 Visa Issued : 07-01-2015 :energy:(Alhamdulilah) Visa in Hand : 07-04-2015 (Islamabad Amex)(Alhamdulilah) POE at Chicago : 07-23-2015

6 minutes ago, Shabaz said:

Hello, I need some help regarding Covid Vaccine, like in Pakistan they usually do Sinopharm Vaccines, My Mother has 2 Sinopharm Doses & one Pfizer booster shot, What type of Covid Vaccines your wife had before going to interview.

she had two sinopharm and one Pfizer for booster shot dos 

10 minutes ago, VisaNoob said:

if you're on desktop it's on the top right part of the page, where your profile is shaped like a letterimage.png.0a03a65e1cf02dcff71870eeb40b4b9d.png

check your message again 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, VisaNoob said:

@VisaNoob

Thanks for pointing that out. However when I try to choose a visa category I don't see CR2 as an option. I see IR2 but no option for CR2.

options.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.