jjp85

Has anyone else applied for the Uniting for Ukraine program?

834 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, uapilot said:

I haven't talked to my beneficiary in a few days, but last time she had told me she checks her email everyday, and so far hasn't written me saying she got an email from USCIS. Our notice of CONFIRM date was 5/2. That seems like a long time compared to other folks here. I'm worried I misspelled her email or something.

that is quite a long time. you should probably call and bug them. almost everyone has had at least 1 issue somewhere down the line on here so it's best to call and pester them to make things go more smoothly.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 minutes ago, lililili said:

that is quite a long time. you should probably call and bug them. almost everyone has had at least 1 issue somewhere down the line on here so it's best to call and pester them to make things go more smoothly.

What's the fastest way to get a person these days? I haven't called in in a while.

Just now, uapilot said:

What's the fastest way to get a person these days? I haven't called in in a while.

I had a little trouble getting through to a person. I told the automated system I had a problem with my I134 I needed to fix and it pushed me through after a bit of back and forth.

make sure to put the USCIS call back number in your phone as a contact so it goes through when tier 2 calls you back. the first time they claimed they called me, I didn't receive anything.

I'm still waiting on our travel authorization document to be fixed -__-

Timeline
47 minutes ago, lililili said:

I had a little trouble getting through to a person. I told the automated system I had a problem with my I134 I needed to fix and it pushed me through after a bit of back and forth.

make sure to put the USCIS call back number in your phone as a contact so it goes through when tier 2 calls you back. the first time they claimed they called me, I didn't receive anything.

I'm still waiting on our travel authorization document to be fixed -__-

Played around with a bit. "Never got my receipt notice" followed by answering the questions got me through.

I verified the email address I listed on the application, but she wasn't able to tell me anything about what might be wrong or why it's taking so long. Something about "no timeline for this process". I might try again tomorrow. Seems like if it was a system glitch, no amount of waiting would make the email arrive sooner.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
8 hours ago, uapilot said:

Just thinking ahead, I'm guessing I-765s will have the usual wait time, right? No special treatment?

That's one of the top things I'm wondering about. Everything else about U4U seems to be warp speed compared to normal governmental processing. So maybe, perhaps, they're expediting the EADs too. On the other hand, probably not. Makes a big difference in practice: are the people we're sponsoring dependent on us for 6+ months, or can they plan on starting to work much sooner than that? Inquiring minds would like to know. I guess we're about to find out.

Timeline

One other question. Could anyone here send me what they send the beneficiaries in the email (with personal info redacted, ofc)? I'm just wondering, if the instructions are generic enough, maybe my beneficiary can just start creating their USCIS account without having to wait for an email since the I-134 is confirmed.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovakia
Timeline
On 5/18/2022 at 1:49 AM, scandal said:

Our beneficiaries got here tonight. Picked them up at O'Hare , just got them settled in for the night. Their flight landed at 8pm but they didn't get out of CBP clearance until nearly 3 hours later. Apparently there were a lot of other U4U folks on the same flight from Warsaw, and they were processing all of them in a group. Asked a bunch of questions, took photos, not quite sure what else took 3 hours. Anyway, the ordeal is over and they're now officially and legally in the US. Tomorrow we can start the million +1 things needed to integrate them successfully.

Wow, congratulations and wishing your beneficiaries all the best. I just submitted forms for my beneficiaries yesterday. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, uapilot said:

One other question. Could anyone here send me what they send the beneficiaries in the email (with personal info redacted, ofc)? I'm just wondering, if the instructions are generic enough, maybe my beneficiary can just start creating their USCIS account without having to wait for an email since the I-134 is confirmed.

They can create the USCIS account but to have their case attached they will need an Online Access Code that comes with the notice. They input their code on the created account and it pulls their case.

Here is what is written in the notices they can get to step 2 of this instructions without the code. Good luck!!

Welcome to USCIS!
Thank you for your recent submission. We have created a USCIS Online Account for you. With this account you can:
• check the status of your case.
• manage your account preferences and contact information.
Log on and confirm your account within 90 days.
To access your account, please follow the steps below:
1. Visit us online at https://my.uscis.gov/account
2. Select "Create a new account" on the right side of the screen, and follow the on-screen instructions for creating a new account in order to
login to the system.
3. Select "Add a paper-filed case."
4. Enter your "USCIS case receipt number" and select "Add case."
5. Enter your "Online Access Code" (found on the upper right side of this notice) and your "Date of birth" in the fields provided.
6. Select "Confirm case."
NOTE: Your Online Access Code will expire 90 days from the receipt date listed at the top of this letter. We will continue processing your
application regardless of whether you access your USCIS Online Account. We strongly encourage you to confirm your USCIS Online Account
as soon as possible and then use it in the future as your preferred method for interacting with USCIS. If you do not access your account before
your code expires and you wish to access your account, you will need to request that we reset your access code. If you have questions about
how to confirm your USCIS Online Account or to request that we reset your access code, please visit the USCIS Contact Center at uscis.gov/
contactcenter.

Uniting for Ukraine

1-134 submitted - 4/25/2022

I-134 approved - 4/29/2022

Email received by beneficiary - 5/4/2022

Beneficiary submits data to USCBP - 5/4/2022

Received information about travel authorization from USCBP - 5/6/2022 (Approval but no Travel Authorization Document)

Travel Authorization Document- 5/16/2022

Timeline
5 hours ago, Islapaz said:

They can create the USCIS account but to have their case attached they will need an Online Access Code that comes with the notice. They input their code on the created account and it pulls their case.

Here is what is written in the notices they can get to step 2 of this instructions without the code. Good luck!!

Welcome to USCIS!
Thank you for your recent submission. We have created a USCIS Online Account for you. With this account you can:
• check the status of your case.
• manage your account preferences and contact information.
Log on and confirm your account within 90 days.
To access your account, please follow the steps below:
1. Visit us online at https://my.uscis.gov/account
2. Select "Create a new account" on the right side of the screen, and follow the on-screen instructions for creating a new account in order to
login to the system.
3. Select "Add a paper-filed case."
4. Enter your "USCIS case receipt number" and select "Add case."
5. Enter your "Online Access Code" (found on the upper right side of this notice) and your "Date of birth" in the fields provided.
6. Select "Confirm case."
NOTE: Your Online Access Code will expire 90 days from the receipt date listed at the top of this letter. We will continue processing your
application regardless of whether you access your USCIS Online Account. We strongly encourage you to confirm your USCIS Online Account
as soon as possible and then use it in the future as your preferred method for interacting with USCIS. If you do not access your account before
your code expires and you wish to access your account, you will need to request that we reset your access code. If you have questions about
how to confirm your USCIS Online Account or to request that we reset your access code, please visit the USCIS Contact Center at uscis.gov/
contactcenter.

Ah nuts, guess we'll have to wait then. Thank you!

Timeline

Happy Friday! 😎

I wanted to share my experience with submitting information to USCBP. 
As my beneficiaries completed attestations, there was a [Submit] button on each step. Status of each step was then changed to "Submitted".
When we got to step 5. Submit all information to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, [Submit] button was greyed out (disabled) and we were unable to click on it.
We first thought that since each individual step is in status 'Submitted', step 5 may have become redundant. It still did not sit well with me, as it was very ambiguous. 

The next day we logged into the account from a mobile device, and saw the [Submit] button in blue (active). We clicked on it and got a proper confirmation that information went.
Within a few hours we received the travel document back.

Here is what your screen should look like upon successful submission.
image.png.c7d4872deff9d6d39352309c13674b9e.png

Here is what your screen should not look like. If it looks like this - your information has not been submitted.
(getting the image)

Edited by Mrs D.

Uniting for Ukraine

2022-05-14 I-134 (1) Submitted

2022-05-17 I-134 (1) Case confirmed

2022-05-17 Beneficiary (1) e-mail received, USCIS account created

2022-05-17 I-134 (2) Submitted

2022-05-19 I-134 (2) Approved

2022-05-19 Beneficiary (2) e-mail received, added to travel group

2022-05-20 Information submitted to USCBP

2022-05-20 Travel documents received
2022-06-14 Arrived (Houston, TX)
2022-06-20 I-765 Sent
2022-06-24 I-797C NOA receipt
2022-07-20 ASC notice received
2022-07-24 Biometrics appointment

F4 Visa Journey
2014-04-24  I-130 filed

2022-03-02  Expedite request submitted
2022-03-07  Expedite request approved

2022-03-16  I-130 approved

2022-04-30  NVC case created

2022-05-05  Case not eligible for further processing

K1 Visa Journey
2006-10-10  I-129F filed

2007-07-24  K1 visa received

2008-04-11 - AOS filed

2009-03-24 - AOS approved

2011-01-11 - Lifting conditions filed

2011-03-21 - Lifting conditions approved

2013-02-02 - Naturalization filed

2013-05-09 - Naturalization approved

2013-09-24 - Oath ceremony

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Mrs D. said:

Happy Friday! 😎

I wanted to share my experience with submitting information to USCBP. 
As my beneficiaries completed attestations, there was a [Submit] button on each step. Status of each step was then changed to "Submitted".
When we got to step 5. Submit all information to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, [Submit] button was greyed out (disabled) and we were unable to click on it.
We first thought that since each individual step is in status 'Submitted', step 5 may have become redundant. It still did not sit well with me, as it was very ambiguous. 

The next day we logged into the account from a mobile device, and saw the [Submit] button in blue (active). We clicked on it and got a proper confirmation that information went.
Within a few hours we received the travel document back.

Here is what your screen should not look like. If it looks like this - your information has not been submitted.

image.thumb.png.96a1cdd53d4f58f7da7a326cda2304c4.png

Uniting for Ukraine

2022-06-20 I-765 Sent

F4 Visa Journey
2014-04-24  I-130 filed

K1 Visa Journey
2006-10-10  I-129F filed

2008-04-11 - AOS filed

Timeline
On 5/18/2022 at 12:49 AM, scandal said:

Our beneficiaries got here tonight. Picked them up at O'Hare , just got them settled in for the night. Their flight landed at 8pm but they didn't get out of CBP clearance until nearly 3 hours later. Apparently there were a lot of other U4U folks on the same flight from Warsaw, and they were processing all of them in a group. Asked a bunch of questions, took photos, not quite sure what else took 3 hours. Anyway, the ordeal is over and they're now officially and legally in the US. Tomorrow we can start the million +1 things needed to integrate them successfully.

@scandal,
When you get a chance, could you please share if your beneficiaries were requested to present proof of COVID vaccinations? Or share any other details of clearance process. Would really 
appreciate it!

Uniting for Ukraine

2022-06-20 I-765 Sent

F4 Visa Journey
2014-04-24  I-130 filed

K1 Visa Journey
2006-10-10  I-129F filed

2008-04-11 - AOS filed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm telling my beneficiaries that the need a full COVID vaccination to get on the plane. Two shots of MRNA or one of J&J. Apparently AstraZeneca is also approved by CDC.

What are people doing about health insurance? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.