BasitFionaAli

Wait times for interview after NVC approval

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So my husband and I filed the NVC part and are waiting on their response but I was curious once they approve everything how long will we be waiting for his interview? His interview will be in Islamabad, Pakistan. My sister in law's sister in law (🤣🤣sorry for the confusion) is not a US citizen and applied for her husband and has been waiting over a year for an interview. I'm hoping my husband will get his right away since I am a US citizen. I'm just curious about other people's timelines 😊 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Honestly, USC vs LPR doesn't really make a difference in interview waiting times. Pakistan is especially backlogged, 1.5 years after approval.

Our embassy in Jordan is 1 year after NVC approval. It's the way things are now. Apply and waste no time.

Edited by Jordanian Bride

Timeline
4 hours ago, BasitFionaAli said:

So my husband and I filed the NVC part and are waiting on their response but I was curious once they approve everything how long will we be waiting for his interview? His interview will be in Islamabad, Pakistan. My sister in law's sister in law (🤣🤣sorry for the confusion) is not a US citizen and applied for her husband and has been waiting over a year for an interview. I'm hoping my husband will get his right away since I am a US citizen. I'm just curious about other people's timelines 😊 

Expect anywhere between 12 to 15 months after DQ.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 hours ago, BasitFionaAli said:

I'm hoping my husband will get his right away since I am a US citizen.

Right away?  No way will that happen.  Once your case is document qualified, your case will enter the queue for ISL at NVC.  Once your case reaches the front of the queue, NVC will schedule the interview, notify you, then send the case to the consulate.  My understanding is that ISL is extremely backlogged......and I see no relief in sight.  Patience is still the key.  Good luck.  

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

15 hours ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Honestly, USC vs LPR doesn't really make a difference in interview waiting times. Pakistan is especially backlogged, 1.5 years after approval.

Our embassy in Jordan is 1 year after NVC approval. It's the way things are now. Apply and waste no time.

How do you found out the wait time after approval for time interview for the country you are waiting on your interview in?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

18 hours ago, Ctavarez90 said:

How do you found out the wait time after approval for time interview for the country you are waiting on your interview in?

There are no official reports. You find out through anecdotal reports of people who've been in queue. I've been looking at Facebook groups for my country. So if people who got DQ'd in March 2021 are just getting interviewed in April 2022, now you know the backlog is that much.

Edited by Jordanian Bride

Timeline
On 4/6/2022 at 12:47 PM, BasitFionaAli said:

As of apr 10 2022

For ir1 people dqd till 31st dec 2020 got their IL.

For Lpr f2a they are stuck in mid dec-2019 dq.

At first the backlog was due to the covid and now because of closure of U.S embassy in kabul. All the burden has been shifted to isb.

Timeline

Hi BasitFionaAli,

So I should let you know to be prepared to wait between 12-15 months after becoming DQ'ed for his interview. I am a US citizen married to a Pakistani citizen (IR-1). We have not had our interview yet but I expect to get our IL sometime in May or June 2022 based on the backlog. We were DQ'ed Feb 23, 2021 from NVC

Like the individual above mentioned, there are 2 main reasons why the wait in the US Embassy in Islamabad is really long:

1. COVID Closure contributed to huge backlogs in the US Embassy in Islamabad (I believe it was closed for 6-7 months)

2. The Situation in Afghanistan which culminated in the closure of the US Embassy in Kabul shifted the burden of those Special Immigrant Refugee Visa application processings to the closest US Embassy in the region --> which is the US Embassy in Islamabad, PK.

You can try and look into an expedite if you have a good case for it. Otherwise, I wish you patience in the road ahead!

Edited by Tariq&Farzeen

Timeline
On 4/10/2022 at 2:21 PM, Tariq&Farzeen said:

Hi BasitFionaAli,

So I should let you know to be prepared to wait between 12-15 months after becoming DQ'ed for his interview. I am a US citizen married to a Pakistani citizen (IR-1). We have not had our interview yet but I expect to get our IL sometime in May or June 2022 based on the backlog. We were DQ'ed Feb 23, 2021 from NVC

Like the individual above mentioned, there are 2 main reasons why the wait in the US Embassy in Islamabad is really long:

1. COVID Closure contributed to huge backlogs in the US Embassy in Islamabad (I believe it was closed for 6-7 months)

2. The Situation in Afghanistan which culminated in the closure of the US Embassy in Kabul shifted the burden of those Special Immigrant Refugee Visa application processings to the closest US Embassy in the region --> which is the US Embassy in Islamabad, PK.

You can try and look into an expedite if you have a good case for it. Otherwise, I wish you patience in the road ahead!

There's a congressman involved in our case (due to the i824 mistake I made and luckily it got resolved quickly despite long processing times!) So hopefully there's something he could do but even if there isn't, I waited 14 months before just for USCIS to look at our case. I can wait 14 months again. But I'm manifesting that Basit comes here this summer 😏 lol doesn't hurt to try, right? 

Timeline

So I noticed that visas are scheduled based on priority date and you can check the dates on the visa bulletin.. my problem is I can't find the visa bulletin. All I've seen is for the countries China, India, Philippines and Mexico... Was wondering if anyone has the link to the current visa bulletin? Our priority date is October 2nd 2020 so I'm hoping we don't have to wait a year for an interview. 

6 minutes ago, BasitFionaAli said:

So I noticed that visas are scheduled based on priority date and you can check the dates on the visa bulletin.. my problem is I can't find the visa bulletin. All I've seen is for the countries China, India, Philippines and Mexico... Was wondering if anyone has the link to the current visa bulletin? Our priority date is October 2nd 2020 so I'm hoping we don't have to wait a year for an interview. 

Immediate Relative cases are not reflected on the visa bulletin. And priority date doesn't matter. DQ date counts. 

You need to 

1.) follow the link I posted above to see which DQ date is being scheduled for interview 

and you can

2.) Click on "immigration timelines" to see latest interview dates for Pakistan and discover when those members were DQ'ed

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op66=All&op7=Pakistan&op1=3&op2=&dfile=No&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=0

You can see the latest interview recorded by a VJ member happened April 7, 2022. And that case was approved by NVC December 18, 2020. 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=373387

Edited by ROK2USA

Timeline
On 4/20/2022 at 8:15 AM, ROK2USA said:

Immediate Relative cases are not reflected on the visa bulletin. And priority date doesn't matter. DQ date counts. 

You need to 

1.) follow the link I posted above to see which DQ date is being scheduled for interview 

and you can

2.) Click on "immigration timelines" to see latest interview dates for Pakistan and discover when those members were DQ'ed

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op66=All&op7=Pakistan&op1=3&op2=&dfile=No&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=0

You can see the latest interview recorded by a VJ member happened April 7, 2022. And that case was approved by NVC December 18, 2020. 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=373387

Yes, I was looking at the immigration timelines on here and I do believe priority date (the date you first filed) matters because I noticed couples who had to wait a long time in USCIS had their final interview fairly quickly after NVC. And those who had a quick approval in USCIS had to wait a year or a year and a half for their interview after NVC. I believe everyone who is filing immediate has to wait 2-3 years to immigrate regardless of how fast their processing center is in USCIS. (That's just what I noticed anyways. I'm going to go ask my sister in law now when they first filed lol)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.