JojoandTomas

APRIL 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

237 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Em&Jen said:

You can email to the embassy. Go to the embassy webpage and you should find some email address from contact us. I am not sure if it is better for the beneficiary (the actual visa applicant) to email them. 

I just emailed them today because there were no appointments available, and they got me back and gave me the interview date for the next week. We have DS-160 and medical done, and all documents ready :) We didnt get any letter from them either, but our case just went ready today :P

Congratulations on getting the interview so quick!

We just got contacted by the Dublin embassy. They got our case and are shipping it to the right embassy. Hopefully this goes quickly and we can get an interview date and schedule the medical soon!

We have not received our consulate letter just yet, but we got approved by USCIS on April 27th, 2022. I wasn't able to get my case number before their phones closed at the NVC, but my lawyer says it takes 30 days for NVC to receive the case. Does anyone know how long its taking? My fiance lives in New Zealand, I wonder if there is a way I can find out how long it takes to schedule an interview as well. This wait is agonizing at times

N

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I think it can depend on how often they are mailing from the service center to the NVC.  Our case took about 10 days for NVC to receive, about another week or so to get a case number and a out another week to send to the embassy.  When it goes to the embassy I understand is determined by the embassy caseload.  That is what I was told by NVC anyway

Timeline

Okay something really weird happened. We got a notification that our case was approved 2nd June 2022 by USCIS.

But we were approved 21st April 2022, and we are waiting the interview to be next Wednesday at the embassy.

Also we never got that NOA2 and we made an e-request about that, and then USCIS emailed us that our case was approved 20th April 2022.

Weirdest thing is that on myUSCIS page the case history does not show the 21st April approval now at all, but last entry just changed from 21st April to 2nd June.

On 5/23/2022 at 12:36 PM, nas100 said:

The NVC closed their phone lines so we can no longer call. This is to address backlogs I guess, which is good, but I don't know if they received our approved petition yet from USCIS. I don't have a case number either. I guess we will have to wait until it arrives in the mail to my fiance in New Zealand. Does anyone know how much longer it might be? I'm just missing him so bad and them closing the phone lines has been really depressing. I think it will be the Auckland consulate where he has his interview, but he hasn't received a letter yet. We only got approved on April 28, so maybe it isn't soon enough?

Thank You

N

We are in the same boat as you, received our NOA2 on April 26th and have not heard anything from the NVC. We sent an inquiry a couple of days ago but not expecting much to come of it. I was really expecting the process to be a bit smoother now but feels like we are back in the dark.

3 hours ago, Nylar said:

We are in the same boat as you, received our NOA2 on April 26th and have not heard anything from the NVC. We sent an inquiry a couple of days ago but not expecting much to come of it. I was really expecting the process to be a bit smoother now but feels like we are back in the dark.

If you hear anything, make sure to update on this post. Maybe we will get ours done in similar time frames. I sent an inquiry too, on the Monday they closed I believe. Haven't heard back yet. I saw they are currently responding to inquiries from March. It feels like we have been left in the dust. I assume they received our cases and potentially made case numbers by now, but who knows. Hopefully soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I got a letter from NVC on May 10 saying our case will be forwarding to Poland embassy and our case status was changed ready on May 12, but we didn’t get any welcome letter or invitation letter or instructions from NVC or Poland embassy yet, I called Poland embassy and they told me NVC should send us the letter, but NVC said and also in the letter saying embassy will contact my fiancée but we didn’t heard anything yet, it’s almost a month passed and we didn’t know what to do, very frustrating 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I know how you guys are feeling, we experienced the same frustration.  We never received any notices from the NVC ever, not when they received our case, not when they assigned our case number and not when they sent it on.  Fortunately they were still taking calls at that time, so I was able to get information by waiting in hold for 2 hours at a time.  The Argentina embassy sent us instructions to establish an account after they received it from the NVC.  In our case it took about 10 days to receive notice from the embassy, once the case was marked ready, hopefully you will hear very soon.

Sorry for so many posts all the time! I wanted to ask to see if anyone knew, but I get conflicting statements about what is required financially for the fiancé visa. Right now I make well enough money. But in 2019 I was only 17-18 years old and worked a part-time job, not making much, that year only making 10,500 I believe. But from 2020 to now, I make above the 125% poverty guideline. Does anyone think this will be an issue? I live on my own and could perhaps get a co-sponsor, which would be my father, but I just didn't want to bother him with it, luckily he doesn't mind. Does anyone by chance know? My fiancé is from New Zealand, guessing the Auckland consulate will be the one used. I know in most cases I just have to provide my tax returns and bank statements for the financial proof for the interview.

3 hours ago, nas100 said:

Sorry for so many posts all the time! I wanted to ask to see if anyone knew, but I get conflicting statements about what is required financially for the fiancé visa. Right now I make well enough money. But in 2019 I was only 17-18 years old and worked a part-time job, not making much, that year only making 10,500 I believe. But from 2020 to now, I make above the 125% poverty guideline. Does anyone think this will be an issue? I live on my own and could perhaps get a co-sponsor, which would be my father, but I just didn't want to bother him with it, luckily he doesn't mind. Does anyone by chance know? My fiancé is from New Zealand, guessing the Auckland consulate will be the one used. I know in most cases I just have to provide my tax returns and bank statements for the financial proof for the interview.

Hi! We just received an approval on the 27th our attorney is doing our forms but she has only requested this from me: 

1. Copies of recent pay stubs
  2. Copies of recent bank statements
  3. Evidence of any other assets such as copies of recent bank statements
  4. Evidence of value of any stocks/bonds (if any)
  5. Evidence of sum of life insurance (if any)
  6. Evidence of value of real estate (if any)
  7. Copy of Most Recent Tax Return
  8. Statement from employer on business stationary showing date and nature of employment, salary paid, and whether the position is temporary or permanent. 

so I would say based on what my attorney is requesting and it only being recent stuff I wouldn’t think your 2019 would be a issue. 

Timeline
On 6/4/2022 at 2:43 PM, Mike20090622 said:

I got a letter from NVC on May 10 saying our case will be forwarding to Poland embassy and our case status was changed ready on May 12, but we didn’t get any welcome letter or invitation letter or instructions from NVC or Poland embassy yet, I called Poland embassy and they told me NVC should send us the letter, but NVC said and also in the letter saying embassy will contact my fiancée but we didn’t heard anything yet, it’s almost a month passed and we didn’t know what to do, very frustrating 

Hi.

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/

Have you already made an account to your embassy ustraveldocs site? Through the us traveldocs you can schedule the interview and find all information you need to know.

We didn't receive any instructions or email from the embassy, and site said no available interview appointments, so I went and emailed the embassy and got the interview date. 

When case says ready get your documents together, fill DS-160 and on that webpage you are also able to get your MRV fee slip to make the payment. After the payment has been registered you are able to schedule the interview too.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Em&Jen said:

Hi.

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/

Have you already made an account to your embassy ustraveldocs site? Through the us traveldocs you can schedule the interview and find all information you need to know.

We didn't receive any instructions or email from the embassy, and site said no available interview appointments, so I went and emailed the embassy and got the interview date. 

When case says ready get your documents together, fill DS-160 and on that webpage you are also able to get your MRV fee slip to make the payment. After the payment has been registered you are able to schedule the interview too.

We created the account and paid the fees, but the schedule calendar says no available interviews dates, also I called Warsaw embassy and they told me NVC should send us invitation letter, we are K 1 visa, I heard Warsaw embassy need the physical package 3 for the interview and my fiancée is from Russia, there is no mailing service to Russia due to the sanctions, I don’t know how they do with the package 3, I emailed to support Poland travel doc email but no response, where you email and how you get the interview date?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mike20090622 said:

We created the account and paid the fees, but the schedule calendar says no available interviews dates, also I called Warsaw embassy and they told me NVC should send us invitation letter, we are K 1 visa, I heard Warsaw embassy need the physical package 3 for the interview and my fiancée is from Russia, there is no mailing service to Russia due to the sanctions, I don’t know how they do with the package 3, I emailed to support Poland travel doc email but no response, where you email and how you get the interview date?

You didnt get the letter from NVC with your case number when NVC mailed the case to the embassy? We got that via email. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Em&Jen said:

You didnt get the letter from NVC with your case number when NVC mailed the case to the embassy? We got that via email. 

I got that, but no instructions 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Mike20090622 said:

I got that, but no instructions 

I think that is all you get from NVC. That is the NVC letter. The one with the barcode. That you will take to the interview.

The instructions from embassy (I got that email after my interview was scheduled) was just a general checklist of needed documents and the names of the doctors doing the medical checks. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.