6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Married & now trying to file for residency. 
We had a full collection of documents prepared for the USCIS and unfortunately the USCIS returned the submission because we are missing the I-797C which should act as a cover to the submission.

We asked our lawyer and she said she can try to write a justification explaining that the document was lost. Does anyone  have any other ideas if there is no way to get a new I-797C? HELP! 
We tried to get on to the USCIS website but had no luck.  we cannot login.

1 hour ago, MichaelBerry said:
Married & now trying to file for residency. 
We had a full collection of documents prepared for the USCIS and unfortunately the USCIS returned the submission because we are missing the I-797C which should act as a cover to the submission.

We asked our lawyer and she said she can try to write a justification explaining that the document was lost. Does anyone  have any other ideas if there is no way to get a new I-797C? HELP! 
We tried to get on to the USCIS website but had no luck.  we cannot login.

This does not make sense.  You don't need to include a cover letter to submit your AOS packet.

And isn't the I-797 a notice of receipt?   How would you have one before submitting the application?

If you are talking about the I-797 from the approval of the I-129F petition, you definitely do not need that for adjusting status.

Evidence of the approved visa itself is obviously the actual visa in the passport.

Edited by Jorgedig

1. USCIS summarily rejected your packet because you were missing the I-129 F approval (?). 

2. Look at the VISA page in your passport..it should have a long number like WACxxxxx .( I believe it is the same number as was your case# on the I-129 F.

3. Go to USCIS/ CASE status and put in that number. If it works it will say something like “ your I-129 F was approved on xx date. Print that out and put it on top of your packet and you are good to go. 

4.  If #2 fails …call USCIS or NVC and ask for your I-129 F case # , then do step #3 above and you are good to go. No explanation letter by required …

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We had our package sent to change status rejected because the USCIS requested the I-797C from the notice of visa approval form. 

She came here on an approved K Visa in her passport. I would think that is all we would need.

We are looking through our paperwork and we feel like we have a large portion missing, such a terrible feeling after feeling like we finally made it!

We only have a partial copy of the original  129F. we are missing some pages.  It was approved in July of 2019.

Does anyone know how to get a copy of an Approved 129F?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I just filed in January and didn't send in the 797 k1 approval letter. No rfe for it. We did send in the visa from the passport. Print it like others said with it saying approved from the uscis case status. And copy the visa from the passport also. You can write your own statement ad have it notarized. No need for the lawyer. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.