Angel2023

Request to reschedule the interview How long it takes?

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Depends on back logs at your Local Field Office 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Angel2023 said:

I left my house due to safety issues and they might have delivered my interview letter to my spouses place. There is no way for me to gain access to that. My attorney request to reschedule. Would they reschedule?

when u have an attorney ,  he gets the letter and is to notify u 

he is your representative and u signed the authority over to him

that  is why i said to ask him

and sorry you were mistreated and had to go this route 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Angel2023 said:

I left my house due to safety issues and they might have delivered my interview letter to my spouses place. There is no way for me to gain access to that. My attorney request to reschedule. Would they reschedule?

If you have an online account, the same letter is there. 

They will reschedule 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

3 minutes ago, Timona said:

If you have an online account, the same letter is there. 

They will reschedule 

The online doesn't specify any date. Just states the interview has been scheduled. I had to go to the live representative to ask. They never sent the letter until I was there. 

They will be able to reschedule? 

5 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

when u have an attorney ,  he gets the letter and is to notify u 

he is your representative and u signed the authority over to him

that  is why i said to ask him

and sorry you were mistreated and had to go this route 

My attorney sent a letter that was delivered to the uscis and we also talked on the phone with the representative. We were preparing extreme cruelty case but my divorce also started by my husband recently who had the papers ready for three months but never told me. He was tracking my process and served as soon as he found out about the interview I think

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just now, Angel2023 said:

My attorney sent a letter that was delivered to the uscis and we also talked on the phone with the representative. We were preparing extreme cruelty case but my divorce also started by my husband recently who had the papers ready for three months but never told me. He was tracking my process and served as soon as he found out about the interview I think

he can not stop the process/  you'll be ok 

the divorce waiver is all u need 

the best to u

11 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

he can not stop the process/  you'll be ok 

the divorce waiver is all u need 

the best to u

My attorney is preparing extreme cruelty. They don't wanna include divorce waiver because it takes time to get the divorce. There is nothing I can do to make them include divorce waiver

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

divorce waiver would seem like a more logical and easy choice. the bar for proof for the other routes is really high so be extremely careful not to dig a hole for yourself. the attorneys will do anything to take your money.  this is your process and attorney can only offer options, it is your decision to file what you want. if it is the other way around, then you need to fire that attorney.

4 minutes ago, Bajinga said:

divorce waiver would seem like a more logical and easy choice. the bar for proof for the other routes is really high so be extremely careful not to dig a hole for yourself. the attorneys will do anything to take your money.  this is your process and attorney can only offer options, it is your decision to file what you want. if it is the other way around, then you need to fire that attorney.

Already paid 6000 and have to pay 4500 more. Can't back out at this point.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, Angel2023 said:

How long it takes for the uscis to process the interview reschedule request? 

USCIS doesn’t handle rescheduling well.  

1. Sometimes  the interview is held as originally scheduled. You are a no show and your case is denied.  So always attend the interview if you physically can. 

2. Sometimes the reschedule is acknowledged and the interview is properly canceled.  It can take days to over a year to reschedule it.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.