2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Acoxy said:

Dear All,

I received these update on my case today like 2 hours ago. imageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebeNew card production on I360 and I765 and another update on my I485 that they have transferred it to another office. Also, I saw they have sent a letter to me regarding that also. 

Can somebody explain the update on my I485 and if they have sent it to my local office. 

Screenshot_20220806-143127_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Screenshot_20220806-143330_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Congratulations 

2 hours ago, BlueTiger92 said:

Got my GC!!

Thank you to this great community for your support along the way...

Will write up a timeline soon but quickly wanted to share my good news with the group 😊

Congratulations 🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🔊🔊🔊

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
22 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

Thanks, what is CRBA?

Not 7 months sorry like 4 months, I am now curious, not just her but if i decide to travel and stay out like 3 months, would there be any problem to come back?  

USCIS is doing what is right and good, just that this wait is killing, lucky are those who got their decision in 8-12 months in 2016-2018

CRBA is giving your child his US Citizenship while living outside of the US. 

I understand what you are saying with 4 months outside of the US, but Airlines do not let pregnant women fly after 7 months, so she will be refused to fly.  What is her plan when that happens, as baby will not be able to return to US.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

12 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

CRBA is giving your child his US Citizenship while living outside of the US. 

I understand what you are saying with 4 months outside of the US, but Airlines do not let pregnant women fly after 7 months, so she will be refused to fly.  What is her plan when that happens, as baby will not be able to return to US.  

Good question.

I was Also wandering and thinking that maybe she wants to deliver the baby outside US. 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello fam,

I recently responded to an RFE and updated my mailing address.

Asides from the notification that RFE received, does USCIS write to confirm

they received RFE

I guess my question is, how can I confirm that my address has been updated by USCIS?

Regards

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Popping in for our Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

================================================
A REAL PRIZE

Bubba and Billy Bob were known for being quite a bit below the average intelligence level in Little Rock, Arkansas.

One day, in the Little Rock Walmart, they decided to participate in the weekly charity raffle.  They each bought five tickets at $1 each.

The next week, when the raffle was drawn, each had won a prize.  Billy Bob won first prize -- a year's supply of gourmet spaghetti sauce and extra-long spaghetti.  Bubba won 6th prize -- a toilet brush.

A week or so had passed when the men met back at Walmart.  Bubba asked Billy Bob how he liked his prize.

Billy Bob replied, "Great!  I love spaghetti!  And how 'bout you?  How's the toilet brush?"

"Not so good," replied Bubba.  "I reckon I'm gonna switch back to paper."

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/24/2022 at 4:32 PM, God is a good God said:

1408461457_IMG-20220724-WA0006_11zon(1).thumb.jpg.0d808bce86d6d0e3ec0d6c142fa4b7d5.jpg

This is what they mentioned on my I 360 approval that I will be notified separately on my pending i485. Should I send another i485? I am afraid it will be returned as they can see another one pending already

Once the judge terminated the proceedings,your file will be transferred to The local office.The person should file form l485 when there is no l485 pending.

On 8/5/2022 at 12:57 PM, Lifeline_god said:

God is GREAT. Thank you god…🗽🗽🗽🗽Patience..Patience.. Patience.. Finally guys I got my GC in hand. Can’t explain the feeling that finally it’s over. 
PD- Dec 2019 Concurrent filing. 3 Prima facie. No RFE. Interview was good and Thankfully my lawyer came with me so that helped me a lot. My GC was approved same day after interview. God is Great. Thank you virtual family and hope everyone gets GC in this forum. I wish everyone’s dream come true.. God is great🗽🗽🗽🗽🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Congratulations. Welcome to the GC club ! 😀

On 8/7/2022 at 1:37 AM, BlueTiger92 said:

Got my GC!!

Thank you to this great community for your support along the way...

Will write up a timeline soon but quickly wanted to share my good news with the group 😊

Congratulations 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Timeline
On 8/2/2022 at 11:33 PM, Mtu said:

So in such case, where would l have filed my l-485 to?? Still Vermont?? 

What of my new I-485 under VAWA??  Wouldn't NVC notice about the new l-485 and replace it?? 

Kindly, Please explain more, I need more information on this. 

If you have a pending VAWA you should not file a new one. If you don't have a pending one then  file AOS with Vermont.

15 hours ago, sandranj said:

Once the judge terminated the proceedings,your file will be transferred to The local office.The person should file form l485 when there is no l485 pending.

but the 485 she applied was after Vawa approval.  she did pre order instructions part from uscis , she didn't not filed for adjustment with court, instead she terminated it.  In the pre order instructions it was a copy sent to Texas service center as we submit original to judge.  she got an appointment with uscis, lets wait for her reply.

Timeline
6 hours ago, dollardreamz said:

but the 485 she applied was after Vawa approval.  she did pre order instructions part from uscis , she didn't not filed for adjustment with court, instead she terminated it.  In the pre order instructions it was a copy sent to Texas service center as we submit original to judge.  she got an appointment with uscis, lets wait for her reply.

She will adjust her status with immigration and her AOS is pending with the USCIS, there is no need to file a new one.

On 8/7/2022 at 11:08 PM, Hope4me said:

Hello fam,

I recently responded to an RFE and updated my mailing address.

Asides from the notification that RFE received, does USCIS write to confirm

they received RFE

I guess my question is, how can I confirm that my address has been updated by USCIS?

Regards

USCIS doesn't send anything to acknowledge that they got your RFE. You get the status on the website and nothing else.

To verify the address the only real option would be to reach out to your senator or congressman and have them ask. VSC is otherwise a black hole. They will not respond to e-requests. You have to write them on paper directly and there's little guarantee they'll respond to that either. Doing it via the congressional liaison is really the only way to guarantee a reply.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

On 8/2/2022 at 4:04 PM, Mtu said:

I also received similar NVC letters. But that's after l had applied for VAWA.

My attorney advised me to ignore them but I wrote back to them an email, that's to NVC to inform them about my VAWA. My issues or timeline is Exactly the same dates and same instructions as your letter.. 

Probably checked the wrong box on I-360 that you will seek an immigrant visa abroad rather than file for AOS. If you are seeking AOS, ignore it and file I-485 when able to.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.