2,967 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Lifeline_god said:

God is GREAT. Thank you god…🗽🗽🗽🗽Patience..Patience.. Patience.. Finally guys I got my GC in hand. Can’t explain the feeling that finally it’s over. 
PD- Dec 2019 Concurrent filing. 3 Prima facie. No RFE. Interview was good and Thankfully my lawyer came with me so that helped me a lot. My GC was approved same day after interview. God is Great. Thank you virtual family and hope everyone gets GC in this forum. I wish everyone’s dream come true.. God is great🗽🗽🗽🗽🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Congratulations! 

58 minutes ago, Lifeline_god said:

God is GREAT. Thank you god…🗽🗽🗽🗽Patience..Patience.. Patience.. Finally guys I got my GC in hand. Can’t explain the feeling that finally it’s over. 
PD- Dec 2019 Concurrent filing. 3 Prima facie. No RFE. Interview was good and Thankfully my lawyer came with me so that helped me a lot. My GC was approved same day after interview. God is Great. Thank you virtual family and hope everyone gets GC in this forum. I wish everyone’s dream come true.. God is great🗽🗽🗽🗽🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Congrats!

1 hour ago, Lifeline_god said:

Congratulations!!!🎶🎶🎶🎶

19 minutes ago, LittlebyLittle said:

Today received my EAD (category C9) valid for 2 years. I read that normally C9 category EAD are for 1 year. Anyone here has similar experience with 2 years EAD (category C9)? 

and this is a combo card (EAD + advance parole). But I am reading that since April 2022 USCIS is separating these 2 docs and not producing combo cards anymore... But we received)))

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
10 hours ago, Lifeline_god said:

Finally guys I got my GC in hand.

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  joke worked again, and fast... joke worked again, and fast...]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

2 hours ago, LittlebyLittle said:

Today received my EAD (category C9) valid for 2 years. I read that normally C9 category EAD are for 1 year. Anyone here has similar experience with 2 years EAD (category C9)? 

They started issuing them for 2 years as of last year.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/policy-manual-updates/20210609-EmploymentAuthorization.pdf

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Long post: 

Hope everyone is fine, No matter how hard i try to keep myself busy but still VAWA keep drag me into the past, waiting for the result so i can move on but no,

Anyways, got multiple things. coming on forum after long time, 

1. Asking for a friend found on VAWA forum too afraid to ask, Shes April 2021, married to her abuser in November 2020, divorced finalized in May 2022. She was not living with him since April 2021. Shes pregnant now with her boyfriend. She have AP, and want to spend months in home country where her family can take care of her, can she stay abroad on AP for 3-7 months? anyone stayed that long?

2. Someone on facebook forum posted some US citizen spouse organization filed complaint with USCIS about their foreign spouses abusing VAWA. She said USCIS released some findings about lot of fake cases and doubtful cases which are already approved. Not that i am much concern but seems VAWA timeline seems will go up "IF" it is true. By her POV, now USCIS cracking down these kind of cases which will take more time and may be more strict on VAWA applications. Again, i am not IN or against anything, just sharing what i came across. 

I am May 2020, dying patiently. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

Long post: 

Hope everyone is fine, No matter how hard i try to keep myself busy but still VAWA keep drag me into the past, waiting for the result so i can move on but no,

Anyways, got multiple things. coming on forum after long time, 

1. Asking for a friend found on VAWA forum too afraid to ask, Shes April 2021, married to her abuser in November 2020, divorced finalized in May 2022. She was not living with him since April 2021. Shes pregnant now with her boyfriend. She have AP, and want to spend months in home country where her family can take care of her, can she stay abroad on AP for 3-7 months? anyone stayed that long?

2. Someone on facebook forum posted some US citizen spouse organization filed complaint with USCIS about their foreign spouses abusing VAWA. She said USCIS released some findings about lot of fake cases and doubtful cases which are already approved. Not that i am much concern but seems VAWA timeline seems will go up "IF" it is true. By her POV, now USCIS cracking down these kind of cases which will take more time and may be more strict on VAWA applications. Again, i am not IN or against anything, just sharing what i came across. 

I am May 2020, dying patiently. 

1.  She has AP she can travel home, but she has to remember that she cannot file CRBA for her child to return to the US, so how will baby return with her.  Airlines will not let her fly after 7 months pregnant.

2.  That is true, there has been an increase in Notice of Intent to Revoke, and background checks are inclusive of verifying all information and not just a random check.

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

On 5/10/2022 at 10:00 AM, Acoxy said:

Same with me. I got RFE notice email today from USCIS. I am a February 2020 filer. Just waiting for the letter because also I felt I submitted all the evidence. I hope it is not something that I won't will able to provide. 

Dear All,

I received these update on my case today like 2 hours ago. New card production on I360 and I765 and another update on my I485 that they have transferred it to another office. Also, I saw they have sent a letter to me regarding that also. 

Can somebody explain the update on my I485 and if they have sent it to my local office. 

Screenshot_20220806-143127_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Screenshot_20220806-143330_Yahoo Mail.jpg

38 minutes ago, Acoxy said:

Dear All,

I received these update on my case today like 2 hours ago. imageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebeNew card production on I360 and I765 and another update on my I485 that they have transferred it to another office. Also, I saw they have sent a letter to me regarding that also. 

Can somebody explain the update on my I485 and if they have sent it to my local office. 

Screenshot_20220806-143127_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Screenshot_20220806-143330_Yahoo Mail.jpg

It means your c31 work permit issued (soon you will get the approval letter for i-360). I think your AOS (i-485) is moved to NBC from Vermont center for “faster process”.

Edited by Anujra

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

1.  She has AP she can travel home, but she has to remember that she cannot file CRBA for her child to return to the US, so how will baby return with her.  Airlines will not let her fly after 7 months pregnant.

2.  That is true, there has been an increase in Notice of Intent to Revoke, and background checks are inclusive of verifying all information and not just a random check.

Thanks, what is CRBA?

Not 7 months sorry like 4 months, I am now curious, not just her but if i decide to travel and stay out like 3 months, would there be any problem to come back?  

USCIS is doing what is right and good, just that this wait is killing, lucky are those who got their decision in 8-12 months in 2016-2018

2 hours ago, Anujra said:

It means your c31 work permit issued (soon you will get the approval letter for i-360). I think your AOS (i-485) is moved to NBC from Vermont center for “faster process”.

Thanks for your response! 

What a relief. Thank God. I was not expecting any response from them so soon because uscis just acknowledged receipt for the RFE like 9 day ago. I guess the waiting game starts now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.