2,967 posts in this topic

Dear friends, I just found out that I was sued by a credit card company that I owed $1000 and found guilty by the court. 

My last EAD card expired in January 2020. My VAWA case has been pending SECURITY BACKGROUND CHECK since 2019 but got two travel parole approvals. 

Can such verdict by the court affect my eligibility? 

Is it now a risk if I travel abroad even with a valid travel parole??

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/26/2022 at 1:59 PM, Sasacb said:

Hey dear family hope you all are doing fine !

can you guys help me out about what this letter means ?

my friend she applied in 2016 for vawa and since there nothing has changed on her case and she got this letter .

DDC1B475-FB49-44EF-A598-35E9DA28EBD5.jpeg

It means she can file for adjustment of status. Why didn't she apply for lawful permanent status? because  there is a visa number available since 2020. 

20 hours ago, Rhema1 said:

Hi family, 

Can you guys guess what this RFE could be?

Is it how they request for deficiency letter?

I just received it on my case update.

Wawa approved, April 2022

EAD/C31 recieved, April 2022

Form I-485 transferred from Vermont to NBC,  ending May 2022.

20220801_192206.jpg

Most likely just medical and maybe something else. This is actually really good news because it means that they most likely waived your interview, if they wanted to interview you, they wouldn't RFE you, they'd just send you a letter telling you to bring whatever is missing with you.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

8 hours ago, sandranj said:

It means she can file for adjustment of status. Why didn't she apply for lawful permanent status? because  there is a visa number available since 2020. 

I also received similar NVC letters. But that's after l had applied for VAWA.

My attorney advised me to ignore them but I wrote back to them an email, that's to NVC to inform them about my VAWA. My issues or timeline is Exactly the same dates and same instructions as your letter.. 

34 minutes ago, Mtu said:

I also received similar NVC letters. But that's after l had applied for VAWA.

My attorney advised me to ignore them but I wrote back to them an email, that's to NVC to inform them about my VAWA. My issues or timeline is Exactly the same dates and same instructions as your letter.. 

It's means that you can now file a form I-485 without wanting your form I-360 result. 

Before that, you would have waited for your vawa to be approved before you could file any adjustments of status form. 

3 hours ago, Zzz___1 said:

Hi All,

I’ve been looking at my FOIA request from some time ago and noticed about 10 blank pages that USCIS concealed from me.

I see that they hid some financial records etc, which is understandable, but I cannot figure out what is hiding behind those blank pages.

does anyone have a clue? 

Reference the codes on the redacted pages with this:

https://www.justice.gov/oip/page/file/1176466/download

(b)(6) are things related to anyone other than yourself.

Everything else is their internal secret stuff that's a part of your A-file but classified. For example (b)(7)(E) would probably be the stuff that FBI dug up as a part of your background check.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

5 hours ago, Rhema1 said:

It's means that you can now file a form I-485 without wanting your form I-360 result. 

Before that, you would have waited for your vawa to be approved before you could file any adjustments of status form. 

So in such case, where would l have filed my l-485 to?? Still Vermont?? 

What of my new I-485 under VAWA??  Wouldn't NVC notice about the new l-485 and replace it?? 

Kindly, Please explain more, I need more information on this. 

Edited by Mtu
Clarity

1 hour ago, Mtu said:

What of my new I-485 under VAWA??  Wouldn't NVC notice about the new l-485 and replace it?? 

No need to file a new form I-485 if you have already a pending one under vawa. 

That letter could be a great help if you didn't have pending form I485 or were waiting for your i-360 to be approved before being qualified to adjust your status. 

It's mostly useful for spouses or LPR when their Visa availability becomes current for them to submit a form I-485. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 8/1/2022 at 8:35 PM, Rcpc said:

What is the difference between security check and background check?

Security Check is FBI information, fingerprint information.  Background checks are verifying specific information that you provided.  IE.  Lease, utility bills, affidavit information, bank account information, among others.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, Zzz___1 said:

Hi All,

I’ve been looking at my FOIA request from some time ago and noticed about 10 blank pages that USCIS concealed from me.

I see that they hid some financial records etc, which is understandable, but I cannot figure out what is hiding behind those blank pages.

does anyone have a clue? 

Anything that you did not provide is redacted.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

7 hours ago, Mtu said:

Any cheap uscis surgeons in Irving TX or around the metroplex someone can refer a friend of mine to. 

Some are too expensive. 

Edited by Rhema1

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, Mtu said:

If your previous I-485 is pending you don't need to refile, just if the I-485 was denied.Yes ,it's Vermont.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.