2,967 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Anujra said:

Good morning everyone!

I submitted my medical rfe in early July but no update till yesterday. 
as always, I opened my phone and checked my case. And..I just got the notification of “new card is being produced“ on my i-485.

when I get the approval and receive the card, I will update….!

Thank you so much for the supportive group here..!!

Congratulations 🍾🎉🎊🎈 nice to wake up to great news! More blessings to the house!🙏😄

10 hours ago, DanyT. said:

Hey guys,

finally my i485 has been approved. Local office received my medical exams in July and today I received the approval notification. No interview.

thank you all for the support and for the help during all these years. I hope your cases will be approved soon.

I can’t wait to get my green card in my hands. The situation with my ex wife was not easy but God always was with me,

good luck to every one.

Dany.

2983BF36-04DA-4D52-AFAA-BA6125CAF793.jpeg

How long after vawa approval did you get your interview/medicals RFE asked ? thank you and congrats

17 hours ago, JuliaNE said:

Hello everyone. 
congratulations to all the approvals . God is amazing. 

i finally got a letter for my interview. They only gave me 2 weeks to prepare, and get medical and all that. I’m so nervous. 
mom hoping they don’t ask me questions abt vawa. Makes me hurt all over again. 
 It states on the letter that the interview will be video taped is that normal? 

How long after vawa approval did you get interview ? you should not worry about video taped or audio taped, be prepared well

8 minutes ago, sam012019 said:

How long after vawa approval did you get interview ? you should not worry about video taped or audio taped, be prepared well

I applied for adjustment of status in March. 
and I’m abt done with school and need to take my NCLEX so I told the congressman’s office. They sent her an email saying that’s not enough prove that I’m in distress and I could send a letter to the director of my field office if I have other issues. 
   Yesterday my lawyer called saying he got a letter for interview and it was sent out same day they told the congressman’s office that they couldn’t rush my case when others have been waiting. 

So I don’t know what changed their minds after they sent the email saying I had to wait cuz others are before me. I don’t know what happened. And they only gave me 2 weeks to prepare. 

5 minutes ago, JuliaNE said:

I applied for adjustment of status in March. 
and I’m abt done with school and need to take my NCLEX so I told the congressman’s office. They sent her an email saying that’s not enough prove that I’m in distress and I could send a letter to the director of my field office if I have other issues. 
   Yesterday my lawyer called saying he got a letter for interview and it was sent out same day they told the congressman’s office that they couldn’t rush my case when others have been waiting. 

So I don’t know what changed their minds after they sent the email saying I had to wait cuz others are before me. I don’t know what happened. And they only gave me 2 weeks to prepare. 

when did your vawa approve ? 

Filed: Other Timeline
55 minutes ago, sam012019 said:

How long after vawa approval did you get your interview/medicals RFE asked ? thank you and congrats

My vawa was approved on November 2021. In July I received a RFE for my medical exams. I sent it the same month and yesterday my i485 was approved.

Edited by DanyT.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Anujra said:

Good morning everyone!

I submitted my medical rfe in early July but no update till yesterday. 
as always, I opened my phone and checked my case. And..I just got the notification of “new card is being produced“ on my i-485.

when I get the approval and receive the card, I will update….!

Thank you so much for the supportive group here..!!

Congratulations...such good news!

51 minutes ago, keano99 said:
On 8/24/2022 at 9:06 PM, keano99 said:

Great news - I sent medicals in a week ago and in a few days it happened. Thank you to all the strangers on the internet for your help. Thank you for the consistent dry jokes that made me laugh and momentarily forget the weight of the wait. 
D7011942-5570-4123-942A-1A173F351FE6.thumb.jpeg.996ed4383559a4f5024311ce228abc86.jpeg

Congratulations 🍾🎉🎈🎊 it’s raining ️ approvals! Awesome God! 🙏

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
55 minutes ago, keano99 said:
On 8/24/2022 at 10:06 PM, keano99 said:

Great news - I sent medicals in a week ago and in a few days it happened. Thank you to all the strangers on the internet for your help. Thank you for the consistent dry jokes that made me laugh and momentarily forget the weight of the wait. 
D7011942-5570-4123-942A-1A173F351FE6.thumb.jpeg.996ed4383559a4f5024311ce228abc86.jpeg

Congratulations...love to see it!

2 hours ago, keano99 said:

Congratulations to you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
9 hours ago, Anujra said:

I just got the notification of “new card is being produced“ on my i-485.

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

A)  Note to T-B.'s self:  Need to post more "flea" jokes...

B)  Everybody who upvotes our jokes is getting approved -- this means "upvote the jokes"!

3 hours ago, keano99 said:

1) Great news - it happened.

2)Thank you for the consistent dry jokes that made me laugh and momentarily forget the weight of the wait.

1)  Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

2)  [worth upvotes... worth upvotes... worth upvotes... :P ]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.