2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/5/2022 at 7:17 PM, Family said:

First and foremost, your attorney has a legal obligation to contact and inform you of an RFE and deadline, so if they had your tel number and address , that is accomplished by a quick phone call w a voicemail and mailing you a copy of the RFE , to the address attorney has on record for you. 

Immediately try sending an email or letter to your attorney asking why you did not get any notice from their office regarding RFE and deadline ( this is so you have proof of the BS response they gave you) AND directly ask them HOW they advise you to proceed . Any response or no response ( in writing via email or letter , will help you in the long run) .

By the looks of it , attorney made some errors/ left blanks on app / form , itself , and your RFE effectively asks that you address EACH point as if you are pleading your case now ( so go through fine comb what evidence originally submitted and respond to how it validates your claim ..plus add/ supplement  a few things to each category, example how does hospitalization at Medstar tie in to abuse, if any friends / family witnessed abuse get a letter stating so. …

At issue here is that you MUST respond to the RFE , with or without your attorney’s help . 

Thanks a lot. I am responding to it alone. Do I have to fill out any form informing USCIS that I am proceeding without my attorney?

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/6/2022 at 4:45 AM, Rhema1 said:

The matter is not over. 

Do as @Pinkrlion said and send your response as soon as possible.

Tackle any issues one by one with some written explanations. 

If you do it well, your case will be approved. 

Your attorney attitude is very wrong. He has the obligation to inform you of any updates on your case,  not talking more of an RFE...for he surely has your email or your phone number. 

Thanks Rhema, actually "it" is a She.

28 minutes ago, Hope4me said:

Thanks a lot. I am responding to it alone. Do I have to fill out any form informing USCIS that I am proceeding without my attorney?

You can write to USCIS- Vermont  ( separate letter) to tell them you are no longer represented (  fired your attorney ) and update your own address as a safe mailing address for all future notices . 

And , of course tell your attorney you are terminating their service and they should notify USCIS and withdraw their G-28…if that is what you have decided 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello dear family ,

can you guys give me some light what I can do on my case please?!

My case are from September/2018.😭

I fired my old layer and I got a new one which is trying to resolve my problem so fast, she already sent letter to Vermont also ask a congresswoman and senator for some help and the Vermont office reply her today with this .

——————————————

Good day,

Your G-28 has been accepted for your client S. Form(s) I-360 (EAC******), I-485 (MSC******), I-765 (EAC******), and I-131 (EAC*******), please also note that you are now the safe address for your client. 
We have issued your client new receipt notices reflecting the correct legal name.

The processing of your client’s case has been delayed. A check of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records indicate that the case is not yet ready for a decision, as the required security checks remain pending. We cannot move forward on the case until the security checks have been completed. These security checks must be completed on all petitioners, applicants, and beneficiaries who apply for the immigration benefit your client is seeking.

An exact time frame for an additional status update or decision cannot be provided; however, such information will be forthcoming as soon as it is available.

You will be notified by U.S. mail when a decision has been made, or if additional information is needed.

Your patience is appreciated.
Thank you for contacting the Vermont Service Center’s VAWA Unit. If there is anything else we can do to assist you and your client(s), please do not hesitate to contact us.

Hi everyone!

I contacted Sen. Gillibrand back in January, I wasn't even expecting her to answer anymore, but today I FINALLY heard back from her with an update from USCIS.

Their response included the following:

"...Please be advised that a review of USCIS records indicate that this case is currently pending review with an Immigration Services Officer at the Brooklyn Field Office."

Brooklyn is my local office - I already knew my case was there since March. But does anyone know what their response means, exactly? 

Thank you!!

7 minutes ago, nebula88 said:

Hi everyone!

I contacted Sen. Gillibrand back in January, I wasn't even expecting her to answer anymore, but today I FINALLY heard back from her with an update from USCIS.

Their response included the following:

"...Please be advised that a review of USCIS records indicate that this case is currently pending review with an Immigration Services Officer at the Brooklyn Field Office."

Brooklyn is my local office - I already knew my case was there since March. But does anyone know what their response means, exactly? 

Thank you!!

The way a congressman/USCIS has explained to me, once your case reaches your FO, an officer will review your case to determine whether an interview is required. Therefore, once they are done reviewing what they need to review, they will either invite you to the interview or send you an RFE for medical (if you haven’t submitted it already/if the medical has expired). Basically, you just have to wait for the FO to contact you with further instructions.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have i360 approved letter with deferred of action, I also have expired B1/B2 visa. Can I use these to apply for TWIC Card required for  maritime workers. Pls anybody that knows should advise. 

20 minutes ago, Otg said:

have i360 approved letter with deferred of action, I also have expired B1/B2 visa. Can I use these to apply for TWIC Card required for  maritime workers. Pls anybody that knows should advise. 

Am not personally familiar with exact requirements but a quick search , showed me you need to provide a status . 
If you have an approved I-360 then you likely have an EAD ( C-31 if only VAWA, or C-09 if adjustment is pending) 

put in your zip code in this link to find the closest enrollment center or you can reach out by email 

https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/locator

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
11 minutes ago, steve_o said:

Hi Family, 

How long does Advance Parole take to be approved in Vermont Office? Has anybody received it lately? I  applied in June 2021 and have not heard anything yet. :(

Thank you!!

they took 16 months for mine. Applied in Feb 2020, approved in June 2021. 

Divorced US citizen spouse in December 2017. 

Filed I-360 on Nov 12, 2019

Filed I485/ C31 EAD / AP in Feb 2020 (Stupid lawyer filed C31 instead of C9, and I didnt know EAD codes, didnt know about this VJ forum either)

On H1b status since 2014, H1b 6 years expired in May 2020. Out of status / Period of authorized stay since then. 

Amended EAD petition to C9 and filed expedite request for same in mid-may 2020. 

C9 EAD approved June 4, 2020. 

Biometrics done in Oct 2020. 

I485 case transferred to NBC for "faster processing" on September 30, 2020

Filed C9 EAD / AP Renewal petition in February 2021. 

Initial Advance Parole (from Feb 2020 application) approved in June 2021. 

C31 EAD production update - Nov 1st, 2021. 

C31 card delivered to attorney's office on Nov 8, 2021. 

I-360 case approved status update - Nov 22, 2021. 

No RFE throughout.  

Senator's office confirmed via congressional inquiry that the St. Louis office has received the I485 file and is currently awaiting interview scheduling - March 7, 2022

C9 EAD renewal card production case update - July 20, 2022 (took them just 17 months to process)

C9 EAD / AP renewal approval case update on both cases on July 21, 2022.

Combo card delivered to attorney's office on July 27, 2022

Medical exam RFE Drama: Second congressional inquiry sent in early July 2022 for I485. USCIS responded on 8/12/22 to this congressional inquiry that they issued an RFE on 5/24/22 and were waiting for my response. My lawyer denied receiving RFE and there was no such update on online USCIS portal. Lawyer's old firm was safe mailing address on my case. Lawyer changed firms a year after I hired her but did not change mailing address for my case with USCIS, she said she had a deal with her old firm to forward all her clients' mail to her new firm. Old firm denied receiving RFE. Sent another congressional inquiry requesting copy of RFE on 8/17/22. I also got medical exam done on 8/17/22 as I assumed RFE was for medical exam (thanks for this forum's insights.) Yelled at lawyer and threatened her with dire consequences. On 8/18/22 my lawyer's old firm finally found scanned copy of RFE in their "archived scans" (whatever the duck that is) and emailed it to me. It was indeed RFE requesting medical exam. On 8/20/22 I mailed medicals sealed packet with copy of RFE to St. Louis field office. Also sent a notarized letter with the packet - updating safe mailing address to my home address and informing St. Louis field office that I fired my lawyer. Sent similar letter to Vermont Service Center on the same date. 

8/23/22 - Fedex confirmed delivery of medicals packet to St. Louis Field Office. 

8/26/22: Case update on I485: New Card Is Being Produced

8/29/22:  On August 29, 2022, we approved your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

9/3/22 green card delivered to attorney's office (they didn't change safe mailing address despite my written requests to FO AND VSC.) 

9/6/22 VSC returned AR11 and my letter requesting safe mailing address change. In their letter they said something to the effect of "you can do this online, we wont do it via snail mail request etc." Just posting as an FYI, its weird. Also received I485 approval notice on the same date. 

1 hour ago, Acadia2018 said:

Mine took 3 months, it was a combo card. I think you will be approved soon. 

C6BCE415-DA8C-41D6-BC2D-EA8AF0CEE66A.jpeg

Waooh!

Did you have an approved form I-765 already?

If yes , the category: CO9 or C31 ???

Edited by Rhema1

9 hours ago, Acadia2018 said:

No I filed both on the same day. C09 both got approved the same day. 

Big congratulations!👍👍👍👍

It was pretty fast. 

With uscis, they can't really tell. 

Stay blessed in JESUS. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.