2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, perseverance_ said:

Hi Shiva32,

Thanks for your response. So my reason of applying for an H1B is to make sure I have two routes open. I don't mind going back to my country which I'm planning to do anyways because I haven't been home in a long time. I also know that I won't get stuck there because I already have the EAD+AP Card which I can use to enter the US if H1B thing doesn't work. But I just wanted to know if even going through consular processing would create any issues? What was your experience? But since you already had an H1B it might be a little different. Appreciate it

H1B and VAWA are two separate tracks. If you choose to go through consular processing for h1b , your vawa processing will remain unaffected regardless of the approval or denial of the h1b. So no worries there. My best wishes. 

Divorced US citizen spouse in December 2017. 

Filed I-360 on Nov 12, 2019

Filed I485/ C31 EAD / AP in Feb 2020 (Stupid lawyer filed C31 instead of C9, and I didnt know EAD codes, didnt know about this VJ forum either)

On H1b status since 2014, H1b 6 years expired in May 2020. Out of status / Period of authorized stay since then. 

Amended EAD petition to C9 and filed expedite request for same in mid-may 2020. 

C9 EAD approved June 4, 2020. 

Biometrics done in Oct 2020. 

I485 case transferred to NBC for "faster processing" on September 30, 2020

Filed C9 EAD / AP Renewal petition in February 2021. 

Initial Advance Parole (from Feb 2020 application) approved in June 2021. 

C31 EAD production update - Nov 1st, 2021. 

C31 card delivered to attorney's office on Nov 8, 2021. 

I-360 case approved status update - Nov 22, 2021. 

No RFE throughout.  

Senator's office confirmed via congressional inquiry that the St. Louis office has received the I485 file and is currently awaiting interview scheduling - March 7, 2022

C9 EAD renewal card production case update - July 20, 2022 (took them just 17 months to process)

C9 EAD / AP renewal approval case update on both cases on July 21, 2022.

Combo card delivered to attorney's office on July 27, 2022

Medical exam RFE Drama: Second congressional inquiry sent in early July 2022 for I485. USCIS responded on 8/12/22 to this congressional inquiry that they issued an RFE on 5/24/22 and were waiting for my response. My lawyer denied receiving RFE and there was no such update on online USCIS portal. Lawyer's old firm was safe mailing address on my case. Lawyer changed firms a year after I hired her but did not change mailing address for my case with USCIS, she said she had a deal with her old firm to forward all her clients' mail to her new firm. Old firm denied receiving RFE. Sent another congressional inquiry requesting copy of RFE on 8/17/22. I also got medical exam done on 8/17/22 as I assumed RFE was for medical exam (thanks for this forum's insights.) Yelled at lawyer and threatened her with dire consequences. On 8/18/22 my lawyer's old firm finally found scanned copy of RFE in their "archived scans" (whatever the duck that is) and emailed it to me. It was indeed RFE requesting medical exam. On 8/20/22 I mailed medicals sealed packet with copy of RFE to St. Louis field office. Also sent a notarized letter with the packet - updating safe mailing address to my home address and informing St. Louis field office that I fired my lawyer. Sent similar letter to Vermont Service Center on the same date. 

8/23/22 - Fedex confirmed delivery of medicals packet to St. Louis Field Office. 

8/26/22: Case update on I485: New Card Is Being Produced

8/29/22:  On August 29, 2022, we approved your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

9/3/22 green card delivered to attorney's office (they didn't change safe mailing address despite my written requests to FO AND VSC.) 

9/6/22 VSC returned AR11 and my letter requesting safe mailing address change. In their letter they said something to the effect of "you can do this online, we wont do it via snail mail request etc." Just posting as an FYI, its weird. Also received I485 approval notice on the same date. 

Hi fam 

Is this new cycle time goals for processing time legit? Anyone got approved within this new time cycle?

This is my second month waiting for the I824 approval and I’m just wondering if I should wait 3 months then contact my congressperson or if I should contact them now to help with my process.

1762EB47-C3AC-4169-A7FF-E669F0A47151.thumb.jpeg.b3a74274652e4706e44284430d044dc3.jpeg5B81BF8C-12D1-478A-8F95-B31B906B22E1.thumb.jpeg.42f19011c358385c5fe1e9effb4314d5.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/27/2022 at 1:58 PM, Sasacb said:

@sandranj could you clarify something for me please

on my case I’ve never received a PF I just had a RE in 2018 and since then nothing has changed in my case .

do you think they can ask me for PF ? 

could you shed me some light on what I could do about it?

thank you very much for your attention

If you need the prima facie to obtain free health insurance then just write a basic letter to Vermont asking the PF.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/28/2022 at 11:19 AM, Navie&Navo said:

Lately I am feeling scared and depressed. I saw this forum ,I really need help .I file for VAWA and I am now having second thoughts to withdraw my petition .My spouse is a greencard holder ,we still living together.i also have  feeling of guilt ,I think he can be convicted and deported because of my application .Also I feel it will hinder his citizenship, I am all alone ,didnt tell no one what I did.i feel this feeling giving me nervousness and I cant eat ,I just need someone to talk to .Please help me .We are together for over 20 years .

Don’t make your abuser’s life more important  than your life.You are concern about his green card ,but you should be concern about your status here. 

Good morning everybody,

I have made an appointment for my sliding scale clinic for psyhological evaluation. I took the earliest apptmt available but that will be august 18th. 

My nursing course application is done, i will put all my focus to quickly file my i360 now. Please direct me to which part of this VAWA thread should i begin reading for all the tips to prepare my i360? 

Thank you and have a nice day! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi VJ family, 

I have been following this group behind the scene for some weeks now. Honestly, I appreciate the priceless contributions of members, it has been very informative and encouraging.

I am a Feb 2022 Vawa filer, it's still a long way to go as you can see.

Please I have a question that I'll appreciate answers from anyone with similar experience. Though, it has to do with one of my friends, a September 2021 Vawa filer. Her eldest daughter was already above 21 at the time of filing for Vawa. She said her attorney told her that her daughter needs to file a separate Vawa and in addition, she has to see a counselor. Her fears are, what will be the role counselor? She also wants to know whether the separate filing of her daughter could have any negative impact on her own Vawa. Many thanks 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
20 hours ago, 2020filer said:

Just passed through TSA on my new AP! I was very nervous but I made it. They took me to the secondary inspection room and looked through the documents and then asked standard questions and then let me go. I encourage everyone who is able to travel and doesn’t have anything barring them from coming back to definitely take the opportunity of their APs!

I have never had any issues and I fly through Chicago and bring back food.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
15 hours ago, J2020 said:

Hi fam 

Is this new cycle time goals for processing time legit? Anyone got approved within this new time cycle?

This is my second month waiting for the I824 approval and I’m just wondering if I should wait 3 months then contact my congressperson or if I should contact them now to help with my process.

1762EB47-C3AC-4169-A7FF-E669F0A47151.thumb.jpeg.b3a74274652e4706e44284430d044dc3.jpeg5B81BF8C-12D1-478A-8F95-B31B906B22E1.thumb.jpeg.42f19011c358385c5fe1e9effb4314d5.jpeg

My I-824 took 6 months

Timeline
7 hours ago, NewPaths said:

Good morning everybody,

I have made an appointment for my sliding scale clinic for psyhological evaluation. I took the earliest apptmt available but that will be august 18th. 

My nursing course application is done, i will put all my focus to quickly file my i360 now. Please direct me to which part of this VAWA thread should i begin reading for all the tips to prepare my i360? 

Thank you and have a nice day! 

Read threads 10 - current.  I did because I had Insomnia so it was nothing to read all night  

On 5/20/2022 at 6:22 AM, Rhema1 said:

Someone in a similar situation on this thread did his own background check and mailed it to uscis. 

After that, he got approved!

It was like the uscis never sent certain things partaking to that background check and was expecting a result that may eventually never got to happen. 

So, he went ahead and did his with an agency and mailed it to them. 

What do you have to lose by exploring that direction?

Can you provide more info? What all background check do I need to send? 

with my rfe I have submitted born country police clearance certificate. 

7 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

My I-824 took 6 months

Do you remember the timeline for your i824? The date you filed it 

what was the action you needed done? A duplicate or a file transfer?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.