2,967 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, steve_o said:

I will try to send a request one more time. My lawyer said there is nothing we can do from this point &  just keep waiting for the background check to complete… I have been waiting since Dec 2020 tho! :( 

Did you submit rfe response in dec 2020? 
what is changed in dec 2020? What is ur current status shows?

mine showing name updated 

30 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

Congratulations. your next notification would be card is sent along with tracking number and yes you can travel freely. Make sure you are not into removal proceedings or have any criminal record

It moved to case was approved, again it moves to card is sent with the tracking number?

for travel what documents I should carry?

On 4/27/2022 at 9:36 PM, Pinkrlion said:

Security checks mean they are investigating something that they found in your information.  

What information they found if I never had any criminal in my life? For example what? My case is also  under security check and never had any record. Also my C31 card approved then reopened because my security check wasn’t completed,and never sent the card officer responded that security check need to complete and they will send me my decision. It’s so stressful and unheard situation I never heard it 

On 4/28/2022 at 3:32 PM, Lola_lalo said:

Hello to you all,

I am thrilled to announce that after 5 years my permanent residency (I485) is approved. 

For those of you who wants my timeline

Notice date November 2017

I360 Approval September 2019

Interview April 22/2022

Approval April 28/2022

May God be with you all. It will all pass. Be courageous and wait. It will come. Blessings to you all for every information, help and support. This group is a blessing.

🎊🎉🥳🙌🍾🥂 Super happy for you! And congratulations to everyone here who have been approved also! Many more wins to come!!! 🏆 

10 hours ago, Shroy123 said:

Yayy 🥳🥳🥳🥳

I am coming to this forum since 2019 and I remember how we all used to discuss about prima facie, ead extensions and renewals, interviews etc and we all were nervous, afraid about our future in America and now see, almost everyone I talked to received their gc and on their way to citizenship including myself !! God bless everyone in this holiest month of Ramadan. 

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @FeDaniela @Braveheart123 @Kersac @Lola_lalo And others !!

I know! Time flies! But glad we can all look back and smile! 😊 God bless you too dear!🥰

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
10 hours ago, Vardan said:

vawa approved-

Yee- HAAAAA!  :dance: 

1 hour ago, Gheorghexxx said:

after 4 years of waiting and being patient finally got a good news!!!!!

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Joke really worked again... joke really worked again...]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, AN2021 said:

What information they found if I never had any criminal in my life? For example what? My case is also  under security check and never had any record. Also my C31 card approved then reopened because my security check wasn’t completed,and never sent the card officer responded that security check need to complete and they will send me my decision. It’s so stressful and unheard situation I never heard it 

It has nothing to do with criminal record.  Security checks mean any information they are verifying to approve your case.  They are verifying you lived where you said, if you had military service  history, checking if documents you submitted were real, checking statements from affidavits, among other things.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

7 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

It has nothing to do with criminal record.  Security checks mean any information they are verifying to approve your case.  They are verifying you lived where you said, if you had military service  history, checking if documents you submitted were real, checking statements from affidavits, among other things.  

And the security check takes 1-2-3 and sometimes 4 years ? It’s not logical.. 

you mean usics are gonna re-consider cases?  
The background and security checks include collecting fingerprints and requesting a “name check” from the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI). In addition, USCIS conducts other inter-agency criminal background and security checks on all applicants for naturalization. 

Does it mean what you said? 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, AN2021 said:

And the security check takes 1-2-3 and sometimes 4 years ? It’s not logical.. 

you mean usics are gonna re-consider cases?  
The background and security checks include collecting fingerprints and requesting a “name check” from the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI). In addition, USCIS conducts other inter-agency criminal background and security checks on all applicants for naturalization. 

Does it mean what you said? 

I cannot speak to how long it takes, I just know that I have talked to others with security checks, and it was 2-3 years before they cleared.  Security checks do not just apply to naturalization.  If it is something they need to verify before they approve your petition, it is called security checks.  I have talked to others who were in security check, and then USCIS did a home visit, and then they were cleared.  You never know what they are going to do .  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

My attorney told me that i can qualify for prosecutorial discretion. I am in immigration court and my case just keep being postponed while waiting for vawa to be adjudicated. My vawa has been pending for 9 months now. 

Can someone explain to me what this is? I’m not sure I understand by what she means. I tried asking clarity but she takes long to answer me back. She asked i send her letters from friends and family of GMC and tax returns, and criminal history document from the police station. However i do have a disorderly conduct and an arrest that came upon by my ex lying on me to the police to get me arrested and deported. It was initially DV but obviously fought that and it went to disorderly without DV. She knows this and said it wouldn’t be a problem. 
@sandranj @Demise @Pinkrlion

4 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

I cannot speak to how long it takes, I just know that I have talked to others with security checks, and it was 2-3 years before they cleared.  Security checks do not just apply to naturalization.  If it is something they need to verify before they approve your petition, it is called security checks.  I have talked to others who were in security check, and then USCIS did a home visit, and then they were cleared.  You never know what they are going to do .  

Nice, I’m waiting when they visit me 😀 C31 card was ordered, then reopened for security check wasn’t completed it was  response from officer and are waiting when it be done I hope they will done soon the check 😩

1 hour ago, Koi1 said:

My attorney told me that i can qualify for prosecutorial discretion. I am in immigration court and my case just keep being postponed while waiting for vawa to be adjudicated. My vawa has been pending for 9 months now. 

Can someone explain to me what this is? I’m not sure I understand by what she means. I tried asking clarity but she takes long to answer me back. She asked i send her letters from friends and family of GMC and tax returns, and criminal history document from the police station. However i do have a disorderly conduct and an arrest that came upon by my ex lying on me to the police to get me arrested and deported. It was initially DV but obviously fought that and it went to disorderly without DV. She knows this and said it wouldn’t be a problem. 
@sandranj @Demise @Pinkrlion

https://www.ice.gov/about-ice/opla/prosecutorial-discretion

Basically new memo, ICE attorneys are encouraged to dismiss cases where you're not a criminal, terrorist, or recent illegal entrant, and are eligible to AOS before USCIS instead.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.