AmericanNomad

When does the US they ask to see your CDC vaccine card, and do they verify it?

31 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, AmericanNomad said:

Does anyone know if the Philippines accepts Novavax as a valid vaccine to have for entry into the country?

Same answer to the same question in the other thread:

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/philippines-approves-emergency-use-novavaxs-covid-19-vaccine-2021-11-17/

Finally done.

5 hours ago, AmericanNomad said:

Does anyone know if the Philippines accepts Novavax as a valid vaccine to have for entry into the country?

Is there a reason why she cant come to Cebu to meet where the poison spike isn't required? I would suggest holding off on experimental drugs unless zero choice.

On 3/1/2022 at 11:43 AM, AmericanNomad said:

Here is the list of the vaccine that can get you in the Philippines.

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/ph/home/covid-19/ArrivingInThePH/ArrivalGuideForFully-VaccinatedTravelersInoculatedInthePhilippines

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
On 2/28/2022 at 12:34 PM, AmericanNomad said:

When traveling to the PH from the US, at what point do they ask to see your CDC vaccine card? And do they just glance it over or do they actually verify it?

Just travelled from US to Peru, airline asked to see it during check-in process and they compare the info to your travel documents. Peruvian officials were waiting at immigration line to check your vaccine record and identification as well.

Edited by PGA

On 2/28/2022 at 5:13 PM, AmericanNomad said:

So they just glance at your vax card before departing the US, and then once more upon arrival in the PH, with no verification? Thank you for your help.

The One Health app that is required for the Philippines requires you to upload the vaccination data.  It can probably just be a copy of the white card.  Make sure you have the same white card with you.  My friend just arrived there last week.  They checked everything at the check in counter before the flight.  His insurance and vaccination card were checked there.  Upon arrival in Manila he showed the vaccine card and the One Health QR code.  He said it was only 23 minutes from landing until he was outside NAIA.  When we went in November it was about an hour for us to get through so I'm thinking they are not looking that close.  They only asked to see the CDC card but he did have the Dept of Health verification on his phone that was not needed.  He did mention a few were waiting for verification of the vaccines at the check in counter but he assumed it was a name mismatch with the passports.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

The One Health app that is required for the Philippines requires you to upload the vaccination data.  It can probably just be a copy of the white card.  Make sure you have the same white card with you.  My friend just arrived there last week.  They checked everything at the check in counter before the flight.  His insurance and vaccination card were checked there.  Upon arrival in Manila he showed the vaccine card and the One Health QR code.  He said it was only 23 minutes from landing until he was outside NAIA.  When we went in November it was about an hour for us to get through so I'm thinking they are not looking that close.  They only asked to see the CDC card but he did have the Dept of Health verification on his phone that was not needed.  He did mention a few were waiting for verification of the vaccines at the check in counter but he assumed it was a name mismatch with the passports.

Ah so they will verify the info on the vaccination card under certain circumstances. I sent you a PM. Thank you.

Some of my BI friends have told me that during the first few weeks when the country opened to vaccinated travelers, there were a number of foreigners caught using "fake" vaccine documents.  These travelers were mainly from S Korea, China, Australia, and a few from the US.  All of them were declined entry to the country and blacklisted.  If your put on the blacklist, normally you can come off of it after a certain period and a "fine" is paid.  Im seen blacklist "fines" anywhere between $5,000 up to $25,000 (Im sure there have been higher amounts) however there is generally a wait list of at least 1 year to petition to be taken off this.  This does not include the lawyer and legal fees.

I have not checked up on the status since then, so I am unsure if immigration has become more lenient or not on these entry requirements. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

• Captain Ewok changed the title to When does the US they ask to see your CDC vaccine card, and do they verify it?

You will be asked every leg of your flight path for your documents. I was checked in St.Louis, then Atlanta (several were refused flight), again much closer at Korea, and they really grilled people in Manila. Would highly recommend you have paper documentation for everything.. and don't forget travel insurance that covers COVID-19, they WILL check for that.

On 2/28/2022 at 10:34 AM, AmericanNomad said:

When traveling to the PH from the US, at what point do they ask to see your CDC vaccine card? And do they just glance it over or do they actually verify it?

It seems like you are trying to show up at the airport with a fake CDC vaccine card. The truth is, they verify these cards and these cards can produce more information when checked electronically. If you haven't taken the vaccine, go take it. So your card is legit.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2022 at 10:24 AM, xnx said:

It seems like you are trying to show up at the airport with a fake CDC vaccine card. The truth is, they verify these cards and these cards can produce more information when checked electronically. If you haven't taken the vaccine, go take it. So your card is legit.

I just arrived in the Philippines. The way they check it is akin to a bouncer checking IDs at a club. The airline staff and a customs officer checked it throughout the trip. They basically just make sure the doses are accurately apart and nothing is outlandishly wrong like misspelled words. There is no sophisticated machine to run it through etc…

Now the TSA or whoever does it in the USA does a more thorough check I’m sure. 

6 minutes ago, JayWalk said:

Now the TSA or whoever does it in the USA does a more thorough check I’m sure. 

Not really.  When I travelled to the US, all the checking for COVID test/vaccination was done by airline staff prior to boarding on both my international flights.  And the airline staff were very thorough in making sure my paperwork complied with the CDC requirements.  Once I landed in the US, no one cared about my COVID paperwork.  Not CBP, not TSA, not the airline staff for my US domestic flight.

On 4/3/2022 at 2:20 PM, Chancy said:

Not really.  When I travelled to the US, all the checking for COVID test/vaccination was done by airline staff prior to boarding on both my international flights.  And the airline staff were very thorough in making sure my paperwork complied with the CDC requirements.  Once I landed in the US, no one cared about my COVID paperwork.  Not CBP, not TSA, not the airline staff for my US domestic flight.

What did they do exactly when checking your vaccination card?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.