s007rrt

Ombudsman/Assistance at St.Andrews Medical in Jamaica-Drug Testing Due to Ban

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Greetings,

Any advice on how to get things moving. We had a 1 year ban due to marijuana (admitting to past use). Visa processing was scheduled to resume June/21. Hospital contacted spouse for 1st drug test in October/21. No communication has been received since then. I have made contact to the Embassy (responses redirect to hospital), contact made to hospital with no responses, spouse has went in person to explain situation and nothing.

Any advice ?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 2/21/2022 at 9:10 PM, s007rrt said:

Greetings,

Any advice on how to get things moving. We had a 1 year ban due to marijuana (admitting to past use). Visa processing was scheduled to resume June/21. Hospital contacted spouse for 1st drug test in October/21. No communication has been received since then. I have made contact to the Embassy (responses redirect to hospital), contact made to hospital with no responses, spouse has went in person to explain situation and nothing.

Any advice ?

How many times before June 2021 did he complete drug tests that showed negative?  Did he bring copies of the negative results to the drug test in October 2021?  You have to show a year of negative drug test results before they will schedule another medical and interview.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
14 hours ago, s007rrt said:

He did not complete any before June/2021-No request was made for him to do so.

They are not going to request that, it was his responsibility to get drug tested every 3 months for a year to show negative results.  What happened at  October drug test?  He needs to call to schedule next drug test since it is February.  You just have another year wait.  

You can Google on this website other JA Drug Ban situations.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

No, we were not told this. It has already been a year. We have initiated contacted, in multiple ways concerning this issue despite being told the opposite of what you are stating. In addition, I have googled this situation to still be here seeking assistance.

Thank you for your attention to my inquiry and your responses.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello, I am actually going through the same process. Fiancé’s medical was June 2021, he admitted to past use, he was given a one year ban.  One you receive the letter regarding the ban, you have to call the Andrew’s hospital to initiate the drug testing sessions.  My fiancé was called sept 2021 and Jan 22 for drug testing so far.  Our case can be resumed June 1/2022

Edited by Stmar22

Timeline

My spouse has visited the hospital in person, provided the letter and was told that they will contact him for the appointment. He has received 1 appointment as stated. He just went in person last week to Andrews. In my attempts, to call I have yet to speak to someone. Please share which specific contact number and maybe the timeframe (if you can recall) that allowed you to reach someone. Thank you for your sharing your experience.

Timeline

My fiancé’s interview was 6/4/2021, he received his letter regarding the ban on 6/21.  I called Andrew’s that same day at 876-920-7637, i had to call several times before I got through to someone. I was told to email a copy of the letter to usmeds@amhosp.org to initiate the random testing. That same day some one called my fiancé , explaining the process that he will be contacted by phone for random testing. He was told that once he receive a call, he has to come in first testing within 24 hours.  Since June he got called twice to come in for testing.

Timeline

When’s does time start for the year ban? when the ban is placed or when the first drug test is taken ? Also after this said time is complete what is the next steps ? Do the embassy contact the sponsor or petitioner or do we have to contact the embassy?

Timeline
On 2/26/2022 at 12:03 PM, Stmar22 said:

My fiancé’s interview was 6/4/2021, he received his letter regarding the ban on 6/21.  I called Andrew’s that same day at 876-920-7637, i had to call several times before I got through to someone. I was told to email a copy of the letter to usmeds@amhosp.org to initiate the random testing. That same day some one called my fiancé , explaining the process that he will be contacted by phone for random testing. He was told that once he receive a call, he has to come in first testing within 24 hours.  Since June he got called twice to come in for testing.

This is what my fiancé was told to do and they contacted him right away. 

Timeline

Hello, the one year ban starts from the date that the first medical was taken.  I’m still trying to find out the process after the ban, the letter he received stated that once the embassy receives the completed medical report, they will contact us with instructions. His band will end on June 1.  I will contact them shortly after.  I will update the steps here once that time comes.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 2/24/2022 at 12:38 PM, s007rrt said:

No, we were not told this. It has already been a year. We have initiated contacted, in multiple ways concerning this issue despite being told the opposite of what you are stating. In addition, I have googled this situation to still be here seeking assistance.

Thank you for your attention to my inquiry and your responses.

Any update on your case?  We’re you able to get the drug testing started?

• 3 months later...
Timeline
On 4/7/2022 at 6:14 PM, Stmar22 said:

Any update on your case?  We’re you able to get the drug testing started?

Yes, I was able to get it going. He has completed 3.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.