Sarge2155

February 2022 - AOS Filers

209 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, cookiemonster8482 said:

Hi All!

I am joining this group because I cannot find the January 2022 AOS Filers.

Here are my stats.

Marriage base with USC

i-485 and i-765 (NBC)

i-485

1/24/22 Case received by USCIS

2/23/22 Biometrics

2/23/22 case is being actively reviewed by USCIS

i-765

1/24/22 Case received by USCIS

02/22/22 Expedite based on financial loss (received Job Offer)

2/23/22 Biometrics

02/24/22 Request to send Evidence

I am trying to expedite as I have received a Job offer. So far, no answer. Unfortunately, the offer is valid only till 03/21 so I might loose it.

Here is the link for the January 2022 thread:

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Family based AOS - spouse of USC:

January 8th - I-130 applied online

January 12th - I-797C(Receipt Notice) received thru mail (but you can print it out the next day thru your USCIS acct)

Feb 7th - Packet mailed via USPS (I-485, I-765, I-864, I-693) Arizona lockbox

Feb 26th - Received Text message and Case #'s for 485 and 765

Mar 3rd - Received 797C for both 485 and 765 thru mail

Timeline

January 12th - I-797C(Receipt Notice) received thru mail (but you can print it out the next day thru your USCIS acct)

Feb 9th - Packet Delivered

Mar 5th - Received update thru Lawfully that Biometrics schedule has been processed

Hoping will get biometrics appointment in the mail soon.  

Family based AOS - spouse of USC: K1

Feb 10th  - Packet mailed via USPS (I-485, I-765, I-864, I-693) Chicago lockbox

Feb 16th - Packet Delivered

Mar 1st- Received Text message and Case #'s for 485 and 765

Mar 4th  - I-797C(Receipt Notice) received thru mail (but you can print it out the next day thru your USCIS acct)

Mar 5th - Received update thru case tracker that Biometrics schedule has been processed

Keenly awaiting a mail regarding biometrics.

Timeline
On 3/5/2022 at 9:45 PM, highvoltage said:

Family based AOS - spouse of USC: K1

Feb 10th  - Packet mailed via USPS (I-485, I-765, I-864, I-693) Chicago lockbox

Feb 16th - Packet Delivered

Mar 1st- Received Text message and Case #'s for 485 and 765

Mar 4th  - I-797C(Receipt Notice) received thru mail (but you can print it out the next day thru your USCIS acct)

Mar 5th - Received update thru case tracker that Biometrics schedule has been processed

Keenly awaiting a mail regarding biometrics.

You should be able to print out the biometrics notice through your account as well.

Timeline

Hi everyone,

On March 4, our case status changed to "Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled". We logged in to our USCIS account and downloaded the Biometrics NOA that night.  Appointment is scheduled for March 28.

Timeline

Feb 9th - Packet Delivered

Mar 5th - Received update thru Lawfully that Biometrics schedule has been processed

Mar 7th - Received 797c for Online Access Code for "My USCIS" account of my wife. was able to print out Biometrics schedule

Mar 29th - Biometrics Appointment Schedule (will try to walk-in for an earlier date) We'll update everyone if successful.

Just received a text message that our case was received today, 8th March!
The text message also said "official receipt notice to follow in mail".

As from other thread, our package did finally get delivered on 3rd March, although I thought it was lost in the mail.

I only added 1x G-1145 notification of acceptance on top of our files, but when I checked receipt number online, it said "your i-131 travel document was received".

But they should have everything? My travel document was placed last, behind i-485, i-864, and i-765. 🤔

Edit: Received a second text for i-765. Think they are getting to all. 🤔

Edited by breadlover408

On 2/25/2022 at 10:41 AM, highvoltage said:

Lucky you, we are still waiting for over 3 weeks to get a receipt number.

Update got the NOA1 for all three and have finished the biometrics as well. Just waiting for it be adjucated, has someone been lucky with expediting their EAD?

3 hours ago, highvoltage said:

Update got the NOA1 for all three and have finished the biometrics as well. Just waiting for it be adjucated, has someone been lucky with expediting their EAD?

Sorry may I ask, I saw you got the text message too. Is this considered a NOA1?

I have the text message that they received our AOS but will eventually receive it in the mail.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

So, I now know why I got my biometrics notification before any of the NOA1s. USCIS originally mailed them in mid-Feb, but USPS returned them to NBC!

Not sure if this is USCIS or USPS's fault. My biometrics letter came without issue, so I assumed they would have used the same address?? 

USCIS included the return to sender envelope with my NOA1s that they re-mailed. I included a picture of the original envelope (return to sender) and the bottom portion of the NOA1. Any idea why they stamped "Action Completed Approved for Filing" and initialed on the NOA1? This stamp would have not been included on the NOA1 in the first mailing since, again, it was mailed in Feb and it was stamped on March 4.

This does not inspire confidence.....

image.png

35 minutes ago, KateD said:

So, I now know why I got my biometrics notification before any of the NOA1s. USCIS originally mailed them in mid-Feb, but USPS returned them to NBC!

Not sure if this is USCIS or USPS's fault. My biometrics letter came without issue, so I assumed they would have used the same address?? 

USCIS included the return to sender envelope with my NOA1s that they re-mailed. I included a picture of the original envelope (return to sender) and the bottom portion of the NOA1. Any idea why they stamped "Action Completed Approved for Filing" and initialed on the NOA1? This stamp would have not been included on the NOA1 in the first mailing since, again, it was mailed in Feb and it was stamped on March 4.

This does not inspire confidence.....

image.png

It’s usps mistake. It happened to me one time. I mailed something and it returned to me. When I went to post office they said it’s a wrong address. I know it’s not wrong, so i told them to send it again, but I have to fight for it 

3 hours ago, breadlover408 said:

Sorry may I ask, I saw you got the text message too. Is this considered a NOA1?

I have the text message that they received our AOS but will eventually receive it in the mail.

Hi Sir/maam,

text message should be fine, Ideally you should have a notice in the mail. You can call them and ask them about your receipt number and they would be handing it over to you.

NOA1 would be the notice of action in the mail. Recieving texts means that they have your case and working on it.

On 3/8/2022 at 9:39 PM, highvoltage said:

Hi Sir/maam,

text message should be fine, Ideally you should have a notice in the mail. You can call them and ask them about your receipt number and they would be handing it over to you.

NOA1 would be the notice of action in the mail. Recieving texts means that they have your case and working on it.

I wanted to go out but I guess I should wait for NOA1 in the mail 😪

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.