AmericanNomad

Unvaccinated foreigner entering the Philippines

40 posts in this topic

It seems like unvaccinated people can enter Philippines after Feb 10th. First, negative pcr test within 48 hours before flight. 5 days stay at quarantine hotel then take pcr test. If negative 14 days self quarantine at home.

cebu.jpg.b2a603d816f707ce41f6f4344c065089.jpg.1f306d0a29461b9d02ec3efcfb6a02af.jpg

Edited by Will&Christine

23 minutes ago, Will&Christine said:

It seems like unvaccinated people can enter Philippines after Feb 10th. First, negative pcr test within 48 hours before flight. 5 days stay at quarantine hotel then take pcr test. If negative 14 days self quarantine at home.

cebu.jpg.b2a603d816f707ce41f6f4344c065089.jpg.1f306d0a29461b9d02ec3efcfb6a02af.jpg

Yes I have heard this too, but I have also heard that they have since changed this rule and will not allow unvaccinated foreigners completely. I guess we'll find out.

The link in your post didn't say anything about unvaccinated not allowing to enter. It said they have to undergo required quarantine protocols. It sounds like they are not rejecting unvaccinated tourists.

https://houstonpcg.dfa.gov.ph/

B. International Arriving Passengers who are UNVACCINATED, PARTIALLY VACCINATED, or those whose vaccination status could not be independently validated

1. They shall be required to present a negative RT-PCR test taken within forty-eight (48) hours prior to departure from the country of origin.
  2. Additionally, they shall be required to undergo facility-based quarantine until the release of their negative RT-PCR test taken on the fifth (5th) day. After which, they shall be required to undergo home quarantine until their fourteenth (14th) day, with the date of arrival being the first day. The local governments of their destination and their respective Barangay Health Emergency Response Teams are tasked to monitor those arriving passengers undergoing home quarantine.

Finally done.

Hopefully they end this quarantine nonsense for unvaccinated people before December when we plan on visiting my wife's family. We are only planning on going for a month and 14 days in quarantine makes it where it's not even worth going. I don't see what the difference is between vaccinated and unvaccinated is considering the vaccine doesn't even work for the latest variants. The quarantines don't even make sense regardless of vaccination status for various reasons.

Edited by jg121783

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

2 hours ago, jg121783 said:

One question about this. What does "home quarantine" mean for a foreigner like me? Does it have to be in a hotel or could it be at my wife's family's house?

"home" means at a house that you stay at.  Does NOT need to be a hotel.  When we tested positive on our visit last month, we simply isolated at a house on the family compound

Home quarantine isn't really quarantine. No one monitors you. You are just supposed to notify them if you experience any symptoms. I did the hotel, then continued on to my wife's and did whatever I wanted. Zero check in's zero follow up.

3 hours ago, RO_AH said:

Home quarantine isn't really quarantine. No one monitors you. You are just supposed to notify them if you experience any symptoms. I did the hotel, then continued on to my wife's and did whatever I wanted. Zero check in's zero follow up.

Technically, you are supposed to check in with the local barangay so they can keep tabs on you.

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

The latest change is that you have to buy travel medical insurance.

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2022/02/05/2158625/iatf-issues-new-foreign-entry-guidelines

Spouse

Stepdaughter

If after 5 days we are able to stay with my wife's family that isn't so bad I suppose. The whole purpose of going there is to visit her family and not tourism anyways (though I'm sure we will do some tourist type stuff after the quarantine). As far as travel medical insurance goes we thought about getting that anyways. What are the mask rules like there? Do they make you wear one everywhere you go like the control freak cities here in the US (fortunately I live in a city/state that doesn't force such things on its residents)? Like I said were planning on going in December so hopefully the covid madness is over by then anyways.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

14 hours ago, seekingthetruth said:

Technically, you are supposed to check in with the local barangay so they can keep tabs on you.

There is no such thing as technically in Philippines lol. All I can say is that for me I did everything as instructed not as what was written. They were changing rules so much at that time that had I gone to the barangay the I would have probably sat there 3 hours while they figure out what to do.

1 hour ago, RO_AH said:

There is no such thing as technically in Philippines lol. All I can say is that for me I did everything as instructed not as what was written. They were changing rules so much at that time that had I gone to the barangay the I would have probably sat there 3 hours while they figure out what to do.

Technically, you are correct! 😁

Spouse

Stepdaughter

I just made it here to Manila today, the 9th after just getting my 9a spousal visa a week and a half ago. I think I barely made it in because I think tomorrow unvaccinated are not going to be allowed in as far as I’ve been hearing. Iatf-157 originally said the unvaxxed on a visa could get in before February 16th, but it seems they deleted that, then the iatf-160B came out saying they had be been in country before the 10th. But also is a little controversial. I had to get over here to consummate my online marriage, before getting shut out and having to wait much longer to petition her to the US.

Edited by Jimmyzr1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.