zacharynsw

I-751 denied, what's next?

67 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, zacharynsw said:

thank you!

I have a 24 months letter, thats gonna expire in June 15 th. So I guess I can schedule an infopass on june 15th or before that? how long does it take to get the infopass? is it easy?

what @Mike E said!

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rafagus said:

You can file the I-751 as soon as the divorce is finalized.

As the OP has had his i751 case denied he should file the new i751 waiver case as soon he files for divorce as getting a new i751 waiver case in place at USCIS quickly is important to remain out of immgration court.  USCIS will send an REF for the final divorce decree months and months later and the OP will have months to respond so it could be as much as a year before he needs the divorce decree.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

2 minutes ago, da95826 said:

As the OP has had his i751 case denied he should file the new i751 waiver case as soon he files for divorce as getting a new i751 waiver case in place at USCIS quickly is important to remain out of immgration court.  USCIS will send an REF for the final divorce decree months and months later and the OP will have months to respond so it could be as much as a year before he needs the divorce decree.

That's even better, hope he files the new I751 divorce waiver ASAP and provide the divorce decree once USCIS sends the RFE

My point is that someone should not be suffering a terrible situation for an immigration benefit, specially in this case.  

File for divorce immediately, and file a new I-751 as soon as possible, enclosing all the prior evidence submitted, and any new evidence gathered since the original filing.

You have been seeing a therapist for this? Great - get a letter from them. It will help. 

Anything else you have, put it in. 

You do not need a letter requesting a late filing, as waiver petitions are never considered late.

The letter when it comes will be scary. But, you remain a permanent resident. You can work. You can travel. There are some extra hoops to jump through on occasion, but for the most part you remain the same as before. Try not to panic. You have legal rights and a whole process ahead before deportation is a potential issue.

Above all, protect yourself, your safety and health are paramount.

On 2/2/2022 at 9:34 AM, Mike E said:

You need to file I-751 before the deadline the letter sets for you to leave the USA.  Typically 33 days from the date of the letter.  You need to get busy.  

What are you on about?

An I-751 denial letter does not give ANY deadline or number of days for leaving the USA....and even if it did, it would not have any legal basis.

As posted ad infinitum, that is not how it works. You could receive the i-751 denial letter, do literally nothing and wait years for the NTA to appear and you would still be a LPR, with no deadline to remove yourself from the country. 

Such a thing would only happen after a final order of removal, issued by an immigration judge, at which point you have ceased to be a LPR and do have a limited time to self deport from the US, that is if they give you that option and don't immediately take you into custody for deportation. 

Legal due process is thankfully still a thing. 

CR1 / DCF (London): 2012 / 2013 (4 months from I-130 petition to visa in hand)

I-751 #1- April 2015 [Denied]

April 2015 : I-751 Joint filing package sent fedex next day 09:00am from UK ($lots - thanks). 
Jan 2017: Notification that an interview has been scheduled at a local office. Bizarrely still no RFE... 
Jan 2017: 2hr wait, then interview terminated before it began, due to moving my ID to another state 2 wks prior. New interview 'in a few months...maybe.'   Informed them that divorce proceedings are underway, but not finalised at this time. 
March 2017: An Interview was scheduled - marked as no-show as they didn't actually send out a notification of interview. FML 
April  2017: Filed an official complaint with the ombudsman, and have requested Senator & Congressman assistance
August 2017: Interview - switched to a (finalised) divorce waiver. Told that decision will be made that afternoon, but no problems foreseen with my case. 
October 2017: Letter of Denial received - reason given as 'I-751 petition was not properly filed'. Discovered ex-spouse made false allegations to USCIS in 2015. No opportunity given to review & refute allegations  - contrary to USCIS policy.

I-751 #2 - Oct 2017 - Mar 2021[Denied] 

October 2017: Within 72hrs of receiving denial notice, a new waiver I-751, divorce decree & $680 cheque, sent to Vermont via FedEx overnight 9am priority.  
Dec 2019: Filed FOIA request for full A# file
Feb 2020: FOIA request completed - entire A# file received as a .PDF; 197 pages fully redacted, and 80 partially redacted. Don't waste your time!
March 2021: I-751 #2 denied for lack of evidence. No RFE, no interview, and evidence in previous I-751 not reviewed - contrary to policy. Huge errors in adjudication.

N-400 - Feb 2018 - Apr 2021 [Denied]

February 2018: N-400 filed online.  $725 paid to the USCIS paperwork wastage fund

February  2019: Interview - cancelled after a four hour wait due to 'missing paperwork' on their end. Promised Expedited reschedule.

March 2021: Interview letter received, strangely dated after I-751 denial. No I-751 interview conducted. N-400 interview and test passed, given 'cannot make a decision at this time' paper due to the ongoing I-751 nightmare...

April 2021: N-400 denial received citing recent I-751 denial as basis for ineligibility, even though it should have been a combo interview 🤯

I AM JACK'S COMPLETE LACK OF SURPRISE

Service Motion - March 2021 [Sent via FedEx & COMPLETELY IGNORED by USCIS]

March 2021: Service Motion request sent overnight addressed direectly to field office director, requesting urgent review and re-opening, based on errors in adjudication - citing USCIS policy, AFM and memorandums as basis for errors. This was completely ignored by USCIS.

I-751 #3 - June 2021 - Jan 2024 [Denied]

IT'S GROUNDHOG DAY

June 2021: I-751 #3 (30+lbs/5000 pages of paperwork) & another $680 sent to USCIS via FedEx ($300+..thanks) .... 

June 2021: Receipt issued, card charged, biometrics waived, infopass scheduled for I-551 stamp number ten.....

Feb 2022: RFIE (no, not an RFE, a Request For Initial Evidence) received, for copies of the divorce paperwork that they already have 😑

July 2022: Infopass for I-551 stamp number eleven.....

August 2023: Infopass for I-551 stamp number twelve....

January 2024: Denial received, ignoring the overwhelming majority of the filing, abundance of evidence, and refutation of a provably false allegation. The denial also contradicts itself in multiple places, as if it was written by someone with an IQ <50.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

2024: FML. Seriously. I'm done. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Doing “literally nothing” sets a tone for a lack of urgency that I don’t agree with.  To each their own. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Doing “literally nothing” sets a tone for a lack of urgency that I don’t agree with.  To each their own. 

Well, he's saying he COULD do literally nothing. It's not like he's suggesting him to do nothing. He's just stating facts.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
Just now, Rocio0010 said:

Well, he's saying he COULD do literally nothing. It's not like he's suggesting him to do nothing. He's just stating facts.

I stand by my advice to OP.   Get busy.  I am Over and Out on  this thread.  

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

I stand by my advice to OP.   Get busy.  I am Over and Out on  this thread.  

Nothing wrong with your other advice, and was exactly the same as mine in the preceding paragraph - get a new i-751 filed, and filed asap.

It is the logical and sensible thing to do, after they have ensured they are safe. 

What is not ok, is telling someone who is panicking, scared and unsure having just received a denial, that a letter will soon arrive that gives them 33 days to leave the country, which is factually incorrect.

This is not an opinion, and not based on patchy anecdotal reports or conjecture. It is factually incorrect, both in law, and procedure, and yeah it bugs the hell out of me when this stuff gets posted. 

Posting such stuff masquerading as fact is irresponsible scaremongering that does no-one any favours - not the OP, and not anyone else who reads this thread in the future, which they may well be doing in a fragile state. 

Think for a moment about the consequences of someone, perhaps the victim of abuse, who is already panicking, and now also thinking they have 33 days to pack up and leave their home, job and the country. It just might have the impact of pushing someone over the edge. 

Think thats a wild exaggeration? My own standing on and very nearly jumping off one of the bridges into Manhattan when I received a denial, such was the total mess my head was in, would very much tell you otherwise. A friend of mine did actually cut her wrists in the bathtub in an attempt to end it all, largely due to the stresses of her immigration nightmare.

This stuff is about as real & stressful as it gets for many people, and I'm truly glad that you, like the overwhelming majority, have not had to encounter any significant issues in your journey...but for others, including myself, it can go very, very wrong through no fault of our own, and when it does it feels like your f*****g world has fallen apart. 

This forum is an enormous help to many people, including many who simply read and don't even register or post a single thing -  and is completely free, unlike a lawyer.

But, that relies on the integrity of content posted by users, being based in fact wherever possible.

That is the only reason why I called you on your incorrect post. It wasn't a personal attack, so don't act like it was. 

3 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

Well, he's saying he COULD do literally nothing. It's not like he's suggesting him to do nothing. He's just stating facts.

Well, quite.

'Could' is most definitely not the same as 'should'.

Like, one could stand by the incorrect post, when one instead should be human in admitting that a simple mistake was made, rather than sulking off in a huff. 

To each their own. 

Not only would it be somewhat reckless & unwise to post such a thing as 'do nothing' , but it was also clearly not the intention, given in the very paragraph immediately preceding it, my advice was also to file a new I-751 as soon as possible 🙄

CR1 / DCF (London): 2012 / 2013 (4 months from I-130 petition to visa in hand)

I-751 #1- April 2015 [Denied]

April 2015 : I-751 Joint filing package sent fedex next day 09:00am from UK ($lots - thanks). 
Jan 2017: Notification that an interview has been scheduled at a local office. Bizarrely still no RFE... 
Jan 2017: 2hr wait, then interview terminated before it began, due to moving my ID to another state 2 wks prior. New interview 'in a few months...maybe.'   Informed them that divorce proceedings are underway, but not finalised at this time. 
March 2017: An Interview was scheduled - marked as no-show as they didn't actually send out a notification of interview. FML 
April  2017: Filed an official complaint with the ombudsman, and have requested Senator & Congressman assistance
August 2017: Interview - switched to a (finalised) divorce waiver. Told that decision will be made that afternoon, but no problems foreseen with my case. 
October 2017: Letter of Denial received - reason given as 'I-751 petition was not properly filed'. Discovered ex-spouse made false allegations to USCIS in 2015. No opportunity given to review & refute allegations  - contrary to USCIS policy.

I-751 #2 - Oct 2017 - Mar 2021[Denied] 

October 2017: Within 72hrs of receiving denial notice, a new waiver I-751, divorce decree & $680 cheque, sent to Vermont via FedEx overnight 9am priority.  
Dec 2019: Filed FOIA request for full A# file
Feb 2020: FOIA request completed - entire A# file received as a .PDF; 197 pages fully redacted, and 80 partially redacted. Don't waste your time!
March 2021: I-751 #2 denied for lack of evidence. No RFE, no interview, and evidence in previous I-751 not reviewed - contrary to policy. Huge errors in adjudication.

N-400 - Feb 2018 - Apr 2021 [Denied]

February 2018: N-400 filed online.  $725 paid to the USCIS paperwork wastage fund

February  2019: Interview - cancelled after a four hour wait due to 'missing paperwork' on their end. Promised Expedited reschedule.

March 2021: Interview letter received, strangely dated after I-751 denial. No I-751 interview conducted. N-400 interview and test passed, given 'cannot make a decision at this time' paper due to the ongoing I-751 nightmare...

April 2021: N-400 denial received citing recent I-751 denial as basis for ineligibility, even though it should have been a combo interview 🤯

I AM JACK'S COMPLETE LACK OF SURPRISE

Service Motion - March 2021 [Sent via FedEx & COMPLETELY IGNORED by USCIS]

March 2021: Service Motion request sent overnight addressed direectly to field office director, requesting urgent review and re-opening, based on errors in adjudication - citing USCIS policy, AFM and memorandums as basis for errors. This was completely ignored by USCIS.

I-751 #3 - June 2021 - Jan 2024 [Denied]

IT'S GROUNDHOG DAY

June 2021: I-751 #3 (30+lbs/5000 pages of paperwork) & another $680 sent to USCIS via FedEx ($300+..thanks) .... 

June 2021: Receipt issued, card charged, biometrics waived, infopass scheduled for I-551 stamp number ten.....

Feb 2022: RFIE (no, not an RFE, a Request For Initial Evidence) received, for copies of the divorce paperwork that they already have 😑

July 2022: Infopass for I-551 stamp number eleven.....

August 2023: Infopass for I-551 stamp number twelve....

January 2024: Denial received, ignoring the overwhelming majority of the filing, abundance of evidence, and refutation of a provably false allegation. The denial also contradicts itself in multiple places, as if it was written by someone with an IQ <50.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

2024: FML. Seriously. I'm done. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Johnny6751 said:

I am very curious to ask you, it is my understanding that most of the Removal of conditions interviews are waived.

Perhaps most i751 interviews are waived, the reason why most i751 applicants will be waived depends on how you got your green card. If you got it while in the USA through an adjustment of status then you are a lot less likely to get an i751 interview as USCIS has already interviewed the spouses and the green card holder together. If you process your green card outside of the USA at an embassy then the state department interviews just the immigrant alone, USCIS has not interviewed the applicant and their spouse together yet so it is much more likely to get an interview.

Edited by da95826

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Approved June 08, 2022

Approved June 08, 2022

2 minutes ago, da95826 said:

Perhaps most i751 interviews are waived, the reason why most i751 applicants will be waived depends on how you got your green card. If you got it while in the USA through an adjustment of status then you are a lot less likely to get an i751 inter as USCIS has already interviewed the spouses and the green card holder together. If you process your green card outside of the USA at an embassy then the state department interviews just the immigrant alone, USCIS has not interviewed the applicant and their spouse together yet so it is much more likely to get an interview.

Oh gotcha, I adjusted status I-485 thru marriage and got a Conditional GC for two years. I got to remove conditions at the end of this year, and I truly don't wanna go to an interview again haha.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Johnny6751 said:

Oh gotcha, I adjusted status I-485 thru marriage and got a Conditional GC for two years. I got to remove conditions at the end of this year, and I truly don't wanna go to an interview again haha.

Then with a good strong i751 case you are unlikely to be interviewed again, some are, but most are not.

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Approved June 08, 2022

Approved June 08, 2022

Just now, da95826 said:

Then with a good strong i751 case you are unlikely to be interviewed again, some are, but most are not.

So far we have:

1)Rent leases

2)Rent rcpts

3)Car insurance 

4)Health insurance 

5)Few photos 

6)Joint bank account statements

7)Joint credit card statements 

8)Electric and internet bills

9)Jointly taxes

That's all for now.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Johnny6751 said:

So far we have:

1)Rent leases

2)Rent rcpts

3)Car insurance 

4)Health insurance 

5)Few photos 

6)Joint bank account statements

7)Joint credit card statements 

8)Electric and internet bills

9)Jointly taxes

That's all for now.

That is a good list, just collect statements over the whole marriage, you can add W2/1099 from work as they show addresses at the time, anything mailed to both you could be added. beneficiary of insurance or investment accounts, and birth records if children together.

Edited by da95826

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Approved June 08, 2022

Approved June 08, 2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.