sancocho

N-400 January 2022 Filers

229 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/3/2022 at 3:18 PM, pk4690 said:

Congratulations! I see you are a Vermont filer, I applied in April and am also a St Albans/Burlington N400 filer. I have my interview next week, and if you have any more info as to how it went, I'd love to hear it. There's not a lot of info online of people who have gone through the process in Vermont!

Sorry, I just saw your message today.

It looks like you passed,  congrats!

My interview was extremely straightforward, started with the civics question and as soon as I got the first 6 questions right she moved on to the written test. 

After that, I was asked the usual questions (ever been arrested, military training, etc). Once that was done, the officer explained how the Oath ceremony works and told me I should expect a letter in the mail in the next month or so.

I was not asked for any documents, just my interview letter before entering the building.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Richybrainy said:

Does my spouse needs to attend my n400 interview? I’m just curious because my spouse always travel for work. 

Only if you have a combo interview (for your RoC and N400 together). If you are applying based on a 10 year GC (3 or 5 year rule), they dont require your spouse. It's a straight up evaluation of your application. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Had my N-400 interview (5 year rule) yesterday morning at the Chicago field office. The officer had technical issues accessing my file and had to call the supervisor to restart their system, which resulted in me being sent back to the waiting area and sitting there for an extra hour. However, they successfully restarted the system and I was called back in. 

The officer was super nice, shared some personal stories and we laughed together about some random stuff before the actual interview began 😊 

The interview itself was super straightforward, 6 civics questions, reading a super basic sentence ("Who can vote?") and writing the answer ("citizens can vote") on a tablet. Then we went over the eligibility questions from the application, ensured my small periods of unemployment had correct home address associated with them, and then he printed out the letter that said, Congratulations, your case is recommended for approval. The officer shared that they are working through a serious backlog right now but are trying to schedule oaths as soon as possible, and that I should receive a letter with a date within 2-4 weeks, but he thinks it's closer to 2. 

Later that night my status online changed to Oath Ceremony will be scheduled. 

All in all, surprisingly smooth and pleasant experience at the USCIS office in Chicago. 

Best of luck to everyone!! We're so close!!

Hi 

1- Does uscis(  issued/ Send )an approval Notice for N400 application to the people After passing their interview either by (mail/at the interview Day/ Online/ anything/ etc ) Or Only People receiving Naturalization Certificate after passing their N400 interview?

2- how people can sign Naturalization certificate by print name hand writing or signature?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Interview Completed 

I completed my interview today at about 8:45am. It lasted 10mins. I was asked to come back today at 11am for my oath ceremony. 

Atlanta Field Office. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/11/2022 at 7:29 PM, X2-X2 said:

Hi 

1- Does uscis(  issued/ Send )an approval Notice for N400 application to the people After passing their interview either by (mail/at the interview Day/ Online/ anything/ etc ) Or Only People receiving Naturalization Certificate after passing their N400 interview?

2- how people can sign Naturalization certificate by print name hand writing or signature?

The officer printed the approval (not approval notice) at the end of interview and congratulated me.

You can sign on Naturalization certificate same as you would sign any legal document.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
10 hours ago, Richybrainy said:

Interview Completed 

I completed my interview today at about 8:45am. It lasted 10mins. I was asked to come back today at 11am for my oath ceremony. 

Atlanta Field Office. 

Hi I’m ATL field as well. What Date Did You Applied for for Naturalization? Thank You! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.