MASH

N-400 December 2021 Filers

331 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jamieng said:

Hello December filers! I had my interview yesterday in San Antonio, TX. The interview only took 15 minutes. Officer only asked for my green card and passport at the interview. Walked out of the building with the ceremony notice scheduled for next week!!!

I applied on 12/20/2021 through 3 years!!!

Wonderful news! Congratulations

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Just had my interview earlier this afternoon. Left with oath ceremony notice scheduled for tomorrow! Wishing everyone speedy processing.

Now the question is that I did not include any tax documentation to that. Actually my lawyer told me no to do.

Your lawyer is right. Employment based GC apps got a GC on the basis of being employed in the US. Most employment based GC's have been legally living in the US and paying taxes on various work permits for more than a decade and chances of tax inconsistencies are pretty low. N400 application does not ask employment based GC for tax documents and so you should not submit anything unless you have been explicitly asked for by the application.

The discussion forum is biased toward most folks who are marriage based GC's where onus of proving a genuine relationship with the US citizen spouse is key to approval of N400 and so applicants always file tax returns as one of the proofs. that onus does not apply to employment based GC's.

4 minutes ago, oakland71 said:

Now the question is that I did not include any tax documentation to that. Actually my lawyer told me no to do.

Your lawyer is right. Employment based GC apps got a GC on the basis of being employed in the US. Most employment based GC's have been legally living in the US and paying taxes on various work permits for more than a decade and chances of tax inconsistencies are pretty low. N400 application does not ask employment based GC for tax documents and so you should not submit anything unless you have been explicitly asked for by the application.

The discussion forum is biased toward most folks who are marriage based GC's where onus of proving a genuine relationship with the US citizen spouse is key to approval of N400 and so applicants always file tax returns as one of the proofs. that onus does not apply to employment based GC's.

Thank you much for the response.

but the point is that initially I received conditional (two years) GC based on marriage and after that the divorce happened. To remove the condition (i-751) I filed it myself. Received 10 years GC and that is how my N400 is not based on marriage (while started based on marriage) and filed for N400 after 5 years.

Do you have any idea if it makes any difference?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/25/2022 at 1:03 PM, J1intern2017 said:

Anyone here from Utah? I applied in dec.17, 2021 and the latest info I have is they re-used my biometrics and “Case is being actively reviewed”. Still no interview notice.

I’m still playing the waiting game as well, I wonder why ours is taken long 

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Timeline
25 minutes ago, J1intern2017 said:

I see people mostly from Texas and Florida get their interview notice a month or two after their biometrics reused. When did you file yours?

Dec 19th and December 20th I got an email saying they are reusing my biometrics . I am also in Texas as well.

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

On 2/17/2022 at 1:40 AM, Jamieng said:

Hello December filers! I had my interview yesterday in San Antonio, TX. The interview only took 15 minutes. Officer only asked for my green card and passport at the interview. Walked out of the building with the ceremony notice scheduled for next week!!!

I applied on 12/20/2021 through 3 years!!!

Woop Woop happy for you ,I just got my interview notice today waiting to see my interview date but I applied 12/20/21 online though I’m based in Dallas.

21 minutes ago, AftM89 said:

Woop Woop happy for you ,I just got my interview notice today waiting to see my interview date but I applied 12/20/21 online though I’m based in Dallas.

Do you have an online account with USCIS? If you do,  they probably attached your interview notice there. See the picture I attached - if you have a tab called “documents” click on it and it will show all the notices from your process. 

C163C827-0F8B-4D83-85A8-F5118119E5CB.jpeg

16 hours ago, JGOliver said:

Do you have an online account with USCIS? If you do,  they probably attached your interview notice there. See the picture I attached - if you have a tab called “documents” click on it and it will show all the notices from your process. 

C163C827-0F8B-4D83-85A8-F5118119E5CB.jpeg

Anyone ever tell you that you are awesome,if not then I’m letting you know today😊😊I just saw my interview date and time💃🏽💃🏽

Timeline
On 2/1/2022 at 12:58 AM, dattran1116 said:

Filed online: 12/02/2021

Reuse Biometric: 12/02/2021

Interview was scheduled: 01/31/2022

Interview Date: 03/02/2022

Los Angeles County - Marriage based 3 year!

Sorry for late reply have been busy , but I did see you had your interview a few days ago Congrats!!! Hope everything went great for you ❤️

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.