MASH

N-400 December 2021 Filers

331 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, nickymicky said:

which version of civic test need to study 2008 or 2020

On my noa1 it said as of March 2022 they will use the 2018 so if ur appointment is before then I assuming they will use the 2020 

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

2 hours ago, nickymicky said:

which version of civic test need to study 2008 or 2020

I got a mail in the box today that they will schedule my interview at my local USCIS field office after they have received all my Record checks. That USCIS is switching back to 2008 for applicants who filed  on or after March 1, 2021.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
1 hour ago, dayotutu1 said:

I got a mail in the box today that they will schedule my interview at my local USCIS field office after they have received all my Record checks. That USCIS is switching back to 2008 for applicants who filed  on or after March 1, 2021.

does 2008 version have 100 questions?

Timeline
2 hours ago, dayotutu1 said:

What type of record checks are they talking about if you don’t mind me askin? Is it something to do with taxes ?

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

18 minutes ago, MASH said:

What type of record checks are they talking about if you don’t mind me askin? Is it something to do with taxes ?

I think is has to do with background checks by using my earlier used submitted photo and fingerprints. The biometrics photo is used by USCIS to make sure that you are really you and the fingerprints are used for an FBI and other security services check of criminal and immigration record.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, dayotutu1 said:

I think is has to do with background checks by using my earlier used submitted photo and fingerprints. The biometrics photo is used by USCIS to make sure that you are really you and the fingerprints are used for an FBI and other security services check of criminal and immigration record.

Hope they get ur old bios soon n I’m happy ur hearing something back , soon ur journey will be over . Hoping I hear something back before end of the month ❤️

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

8 minutes ago, MASH said:

Hope they get ur old bios soon n I’m happy ur hearing something back , soon ur journey will be over . Hoping I hear something back before end of the month ❤️

Yea, I already got a letter from them that they will reuse my old bio...Amen to your prayers! I pray for you too to hear some good new soon and end this journey with expected outcome soon.

Timeline

Help Of The Day:

if anyone is not aware , their is a USCIS app you can load on your phone as well called “Case Tracker for USCIS”

once you download it that you put in your case# and it will keep you posted on your case without having to log into your USCIS account all the time.

been using it since the beginning and I thought it might help out others keeping up with their own trackers as well.

Edited by MASH

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

Hi everyone,

Quick question for everyone on the initial documents submitted. I've submitted my application with the documents it clearly asked for such as copies of green cards, tax returns, selective service, marriage certification, wives certificate of naturalization etc...but I've not included any evidence of a bona fide marriage such as our utility bills, joint bank statements, investment accounts, international and domestic vacations etc...I've read somewhere that I can bring this evidence with me to the day of the interview. Am I correct or am I missing something? I've noticed many people include much more evidence of a bona fide marriage within their initial application of the N-400. Best of luck to all!

By the way, my I-751 was approved Jan 7th, 2021, filed in Nov of 2020. 

N-400 applied: Dec 8th, 2021 (NY Field Office)

Bio-reuse: Dec 8th, 2021

Estimated time to completion : 12 months

Filed: Other Timeline
9 hours ago, Pat9498 said:

Hi everyone,

Quick question for everyone on the initial documents submitted. I've submitted my application with the documents it clearly asked for such as copies of green cards, tax returns, selective service, marriage certification, wives certificate of naturalization etc...but I've not included any evidence of a bona fide marriage such as our utility bills, joint bank statements, investment accounts, international and domestic vacations etc...I've read somewhere that I can bring this evidence with me to the day of the interview. Am I correct or am I missing something? I've noticed many people include much more evidence of a bona fide marriage within their initial application of the N-400. Best of luck to all!

By the way, my I-751 was approved Jan 7th, 2021, filed in Nov of 2020. 

N-400 applied: Dec 8th, 2021 (NY Field Office)

Bio-reuse: Dec 8th, 2021

Estimated time to completion : 12 months

Tax Transcripts are not required to be uploaded even though system prompts. You can bring them to interview. Any supplemental evidence of bona fide marriage can be brought to the interview.

Is anyone in this group still waiting for I-751 approval and has filed N-400? I am YSC which is extremely slow. My qualifications for N-400 are both 3 years GC and over 3 years marriage. My old bio was reused for N-400 and the last mail I got from them and my online status (December 29, 2021) was that my case is being actively reviewed by USCIS and that there was nothing outstanding at this time.

Can anyone suggest probabilities of what can happen in this scenario?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.