NoMansLand2020

Expedite case - typhoon destroyed fiancée family home

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Firm believer in expediting just be aware if successful it will be quicker but will not resolve your current issue

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

Would I be able to expedite my K1 case due to the typhoon destroying and making my fiancée home uninhabitable? 

Out of curiosity which city/town is she in?  I ask because we also have family that we have not been able to contact for several days now.  They were around Maasin at the time which is less than 60 miles from Surigao which was the eye of the first landfall.  Reports have the death rate low, but the destruction is still unclear. 

My son and his mother were just south of Tacloban in 2013 when Yolanda came through and pretty much wiped out all of northern Leyte.  I was able to get on a humanitarian flight to Tacloban a few days later and the destruction was incomprehensible.  I dont know what the final death total was but I thought it was around 7 or 8000.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Cases from PI used to be expedited automatically due to a typhoon years ago.  I'm not sure if that still exists. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

Would I be able to expedite my K1 case due to the typhoon destroying and making my fiancée home uninhabitable? 

I think a lot of people are going to be in the same situation. We are having our wedding on Tuesday and was supposed to live stream back to her family in the Phils. We heard that they are ok but their house has also been totally destoyed in Toledo City, Cebu

2 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

Out of curiosity which city/town is she in?  I ask because we also have family that we have not been able to contact for several days now.  They were around Maasin at the time which is less than 60 miles from Surigao which was the eye of the first landfall.  Reports have the death rate low, but the destruction is still unclear. 

My son and his mother were just south of Tacloban in 2013 when Yolanda came through and pretty much wiped out all of northern Leyte.  I was able to get on a humanitarian flight to Tacloban a few days later and the destruction was incomprehensible.  I dont know what the final death total was but I thought it was around 7 or 8000.

My fiance's brother and his wife and one year old son are also in Maasin. Unfortunately she haven't heard from them. By looking at Odette's path it does look like it passed by very close. It was Super typhoon strength at the time. Not good. I heard people lost their homes in Bohol and Cebu. My fiance is in the Cebu city. They got hit hard. Widespread power blackouts. She never heard winds like that and she went through Yolanda.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

The hardship has to be to the US citizen.  :no: 

People have not been able to get expedite for war.

You can certainly try for an expedite, but chances are low.  

No it doesn't .   Few years back typhoon Yolanda flatten Tacloban  ... EVERYTHING was expedited.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Will&Christine said:

My fiance's brother and his wife and one year old son are also in Maasin. Unfortunately she haven't heard from them. By looking at Odette's path it does look like it passed by very close. It was Super typhoon strength at the time. Not good. I heard people lost their homes in Bohol and Cebu. My fiance is in the Cebu city. They got hit hard. Widespread power blackouts. She never heard winds like that and she went through Yolanda.

The pictures are starting to hit social media now.  Mostly around Cebu which is really bad.  Not much coming out of Maasin or the very south part of Leyte.  If anything, being on the west side of the island can sometimes help a little bit.  Hopefully, there will be better news.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

8 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

Cases from PI used to be expedited automatically due to a typhoon years ago.  I'm not sure if that still exists. 

All cases in the entire country, or in close proximity to the impacted area?

7 hours ago, Corgent said:

The storm in reference was Yolanda or Haiyan outside of the Philippines.  If you dont know about it, I would suggest googling it.  As I mentioned above, I was able to get a humanitarian flight a few days after that into Tacloban.  It was a war zone, and the smell of dead bodies was everywhere.  Even a year afterwards, the tents that are used by the UN and Red Cross were still up and being used.  It was a city of tents from Tacloban airport into the city.  The Embassy would have potentially expedited cases around those areas because the amount of disease that started spreading increased substantially over the course of the next month.  The problem would have been getting as commercial flights were limited.  However, anywhere else in the country (besides Cebu and N. Leyte) was business as usual.  You would have never known there was even a typhoon.  

14 hours ago, Will&Christine said:

I did start getting photos but a little north of Maasin around the Bato and Hilongos area.  The good news is there are very few deaths.  The bad news is the destruction is really bad.  There is no electricity and not much of a signal.  Many homes are destroyed as well as commercial buildings.  This was the Hilongos area so it may be worse in Maasin since that was a little closer to the eye of the first landfall.  Sanitary issues and the potential for disease (non-Covid) is there.

7 hours ago, Corgent said:

Guessing everywhere, our CR1 was 7 months in 2014

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/17/2021 at 11:47 PM, Corgent said:

Everywhere if you go by how they addressed things with Yolanda ... first they have to create an expedite order or it doesn't really matter

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/17/2021 at 1:59 PM, Hank_ said:

No it doesn't .   Few years back typhoon Yolanda flatten Tacloban  ... EVERYTHING was expedited.

A few years back we didn't have Covid and we didn't have tens of thousands of back logged cases at a embassy that's conducts interviews once a week.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.