ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

4 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Are you a K1 case? Please fill in your timeline.

We have seen the status change this way for K1 cases before they are approved.

Hey! I just want to make sure that we don't raise @JR90 's hopes too much. This happened to me back in January and I still haven't been issued. See my comment below (Of course, it's now been another 6 months). I really hope this is a good sign!

On 2/25/2022 at 6:45 PM, Rosinasaur said:

This is not a strict rule. Mine went from Refused to Application received and then back to Refused, where it's sat for another month and a half.

Just in case anyone is keeping track, my fiancé and I are now going through the WOM process with Goldstein. We've paid the fee and are working on the questionnaire. I really hope we can get this resolved before the end of the year. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rosinasaur said:

Hey! I just want to make sure that we don't raise @JR90 's hopes too much. This happened to me back in January and I still haven't been issued. See my comment below (Of course, it's now been another 6 months). I really hope this is a good sign!

Just in case anyone is keeping track, my fiancé and I are now going through the WOM process with Goldstein. We've paid the fee and are working on the questionnaire. I really hope we can get this resolved before the end of the year. 

Oh I’m sorry…. I think I misremembered…

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, From_CAN_2_US said:

Oh I’m sorry…. I think I misremembered…

It definitely used to mean good things. You weren't wrong when you first told me ages ago. It's just that the whole system is so bogged down right now that it might not mean anything now

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I wanted to add our story. Interview for F4 category on May 25th. Our visa was approved but my son got 221G and was emailed questionnaire similar ro DS 5535 next day. Passport was returned, officer said it is a routine thing and visa will be issued after administrative processing. Now when i check online, I realized that many people are getting 221G and it can take so many days. I am really worried. My son just started working as a software developer. Not sure if that is the reason for 221G. Is there anyone with similar situation and same family based category F4?

Any idea if visa issuance for F4 can be faster?

Timeline
38 minutes ago, npari3 said:

Really? did you email to get update? was the interview in Montreal?

DS 5535 is a literal black hole. Consulate won’t send you any email updates. If you ask for update they will send you a copy paste that your case is in AP and they can’t give you an timeline. 
it’s truly miserable 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, BatmanFlow said:

DS 5535 is a literal black hole. Consulate won’t send you any email updates. If you ask for update they will send you a copy paste that your case is in AP and they can’t give you an timeline. 
it’s truly miserable 

Yeah it is really sad.. let me know when you get any update on visa

Timeline
On 6/14/2022 at 9:14 AM, herecomestherain said:

Open Cases

B6B0051C-A4AE-4621-8A09-FDA2F6771B74.jpeg

Hi @herecomestherain and @Danii 

please add us to your spreadhseets

date of interview = June 8th, 2022

date ds5535 requested by embassy = June 9th, 2022

date ds 5535 was sent = June 9th, 2022

visa category = CR - 1

no updates as of June 18, 2022

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

Timeline
On 6/15/2022 at 11:03 PM, npari3 said:

Any idea if visa issuance for F4 can be faster?

I don’t think visa class makes any difference to the timeline when it comes to DS-5535.

From what I have read, working and having education in technical fields can result in DS-5535 when combined with other factors.

Timeline

General question - does anyone know if the petitioner’s background/ personal information can result in a DS-5535 for the beneficiary? 

I thought it was issued to vet only the beneficiary and only beneficiary’s information was factored in, but I have been watching Jim Hacking’s “Immigration Answers Show” lately, and when people come in with DS-5535s, he sometimes asked about the petitioner and their background (particularly about how they got their greencard / US citizenship and any criminal history/ fraud).

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
45 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

General question - does anyone know if the petitioner’s background/ personal information can result in a DS-5535 for the beneficiary? 

I thought it was issued to vet only the beneficiary and only beneficiary’s information was factored in, but I have been watching Jim Hacking’s “Immigration Answers Show” lately, and when people come in with DS-5535s, he sometimes asked about the petitioner and their background (particularly about how they got their greencard / US citizenship and any criminal history/ fraud).

That's a very good question, and who except the government really knows? 

On 6/19/2022 at 1:10 AM, ice-qube said:

An absurd, grim milestone for me today: it has now been three full years in the IR-1 visa process.

I wish we would help you somehow. 😭

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.