ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Frankphoto said:

Our case has finally been updated to issued, final processing, and my wife received tracking # email today as well. Finally we are really hoping to close the book on this almost 3yr process (submitted our petition july of 2019). I am really rooting for the rest of you who are waiting, I know how awful it is... will definitely stick around to help as much as we can. Hang in there, guys. 

Congratulations! Your wife is now onto her next adventure! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Frankphoto said:

Our case has finally been updated to issued, final processing, and my wife received tracking # email today as well. Finally we are really hoping to close the book on this almost 3yr process (submitted our petition july of 2019). I am really rooting for the rest of you who are waiting, I know how awful it is... will definitely stick around to help as much as we can. Hang in there, guys. 

Congrats!! Best wishes on your guys' new adventures!

Timeline

Hi  some of you that did not have your medicals done by your interview mention that the embassy got your medical at such a time after the interview . How do you know this? Because as far as I know the embassy has never told me they got my medical. Just the doctor told me he sent it 

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, Frankphoto said:

Congratulations!

Timeline
15 hours ago, Frankphoto said:

Congrats!! Such great news!! Thanks for updating as always. Trying to stay optimistic as we started our case in spring 2020...almost two years now....and my medical expires this April but no updates since Dec 2021 for me. Seeing the spreadsheet turn green around similar interview dates (early Nov 2021) makes me feel really left out in this dreary process. Thinking I should email them again but I've gotten robo replies every time. All the best to you and your wife!

Edited by hkn1
updated dates lol

Timeline
17 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Well another day gone, no updates. Does anyone think emailing the consulate every day is going to help (Or hinder) this? I sent another email today, no response. 

its weird that the rep didnt reply either. did the consulate just took their request and ignore it? or does it get some sort of additional review since its a rep?

for my mom's case, the rep confirmed on march 1 that they will reach out to consulate. On March 2nd the CEAC got updated, but no response since. i would think if CEAC is updated, maybe a response is sent to rep?

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

its weird that the rep didnt reply either. did the consulate just took their request and ignore it? or does it get some sort of additional review since its a rep?

for my mom's case, the rep confirmed on march 1 that they will reach out to consulate. On March 2nd the CEAC got updated, but no response since. i would think if CEAC is updated, maybe a response is sent to rep?

I don't know, they may have just responded with the usual copy and paste and the congressperson's office didn't say anything because it is a low priority. I doubt very much they did any additional review because of the inquiry being from a congressperson. They probably get that all the time now. If they send a response, they may or may not update CEAC. I had that spurt of activity when the rep's office sent the email, and presumably one of them was the response to the email. But nothing since.

Timeline
1 minute ago, ice-qube said:

I don't know, they may have just responded with the usual copy and paste and the congressperson's office didn't say anything because it is a low priority. I doubt very much they did any additional review because of the inquiry being from a congressperson. They probably get that all the time now. If they send a response, they may or may not update CEAC. I had that spurt of activity when the rep's office sent the email, and presumably one of them was the response to the email. But nothing since.

youre probably right.

looking pretty bleak for my mom to make her medical as well. the approval would need to come no later than next thursday, so that passport can be delivered and she will have like 1-2 days to leave canada.

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

youre probably right.

looking pretty bleak for my mom to make her medical as well. the approval would need to come no later than next thursday, so that passport can be delivered and she will have like 1-2 days to leave canada.

I am really sad for this. I don't know how we got into this position. There is an injustice to it that makes me very sad.

Timeline
1 minute ago, ice-qube said:

I am really sad for this. I don't know how we got into this position. There is an injustice to it that makes me very sad.

I agree man, and I usually look for the silver lining in most situations, but this is just so sad. my mom turns 63 this year. she worked her butt off to raise us and all i want for her is to come here and enjoy her life and retirement.

we sold our house there and they have been living in a basement for the last 1.5 years in limbo. breaks my heart when i see her like that. And then she keeps a brave face when i talk to her but i know deep down she wants to come here asap and i want that for her.

blahhh just sucks. and with your situation, your marriage is on hold for almost 3 years now. this is absolutely mind boggling

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

I sent an email asking if my passport could be returned and got the response below. I’m wondering if I can travel to the USA using my secondary British issued passport while they hold my Canadian passport. I’m worried it may complicate the processing but I’m desperate to see my fiancé. I sent them an email back, hoping they can provide clear guidance. 

from OP11

The positive thing about having the passport in our possession is if your visa is approved we can print it and send it as soon as possible. However, note that administrative processing can take a while and we cannot give a timeframe for the process. If you change your mind and would like the passport returned, let us know.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, JR90 said:

I sent an email asking if my passport could be returned and got the response below. I’m wondering if I can travel to the USA using my secondary British issued passport while they hold my Canadian passport. I’m worried it may complicate the processing but I’m desperate to see my fiancé. I sent them an email back, hoping they can provide clear guidance. 

from OP11

The positive thing about having the passport in our possession is if your visa is approved we can print it and send it as soon as possible. However, note that administrative processing can take a while and we cannot give a timeframe for the process. If you change your mind and would like the passport returned, let us know.

The amazing thing about this response is that it sounds like it was actually not entirely cut and paste. Perhaps the first time I have seen that!

Timeline
4 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

I agree man, and I usually look for the silver lining in most situations, but this is just so sad. my mom turns 63 this year. she worked her butt off to raise us and all i want for her is to come here and enjoy her life and retirement.

we sold our house there and they have been living in a basement for the last 1.5 years in limbo. breaks my heart when i see her like that. And then she keeps a brave face when i talk to her but i know deep down she wants to come here asap and i want that for her.

blahhh just sucks. and with your situation, your marriage is on hold for almost 3 years now. this is absolutely mind boggling

Well here we are at the end of another day with no updates again. 12 days to go on medical, tomorrow will be 11 days to go. I am really upset. My wife just dismisses it and admonished me for "obsessing", and well, maybe I am, yes. I can't seem to help it. This is very demoralizing for me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.